DeMarco Murray is looking for a job **merged**

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe they front end loaded the contract? He could have taken a few mil less per year and JJ would have honored the whole contract. Probly would have wound up better in the long run.
Yup. It was obvious at the time. Demarco fell for the more money, but not guaranteed thingie. Teams sign these players, knowing they won't see the last year or three of the contract. Sad part is the players seem to prefer this so they can brag they got more than the other Joes.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Murray was a free agent in 2015, what was he supposed to do? Retire because Dallas wasn't interested and other teams were? He didn't turn his back on anyone. Dallas did. Fans are just butthurt because he went to Philly.

Here's the problem with your statement. The Cowboys didn't just release him they offered him a fair contract based on the fact that he was injured for each of his 1st 3 seasons and only stayed healthy in his contract year. Then take into account the FIVE fumbles he lost, 1 returned for a TD, 2 inside the opposing teams 10 yard line which gave up sure points for the Cowboys and 2 he lost inside our own 20 that gave the opposing team points during that contract year. Lastly now after 3 years of leaving Dallas he is now looking for his 3rd team which further proves that philly who over paid him and signed him to a 3 year contract but released him after just 1 season shows that the contract the Cowboys offered was more than fair. Good riddens to him and his greedy self.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nah, he should of taken our lowball offer clearly, cause Cowboys are #1!
Can't blame a man for wanting to get paid, especially at his position you don't get another big contract usually.
Hell, rather would of paid him what he wanted and not re-sign Crawford to his deal. Would of gotten a better value out of Murray than what we have seen out of TC.
Ah, but therein lies the rub. Did he get paid? Wasn't the contract back loaded, and he ended up getting about what we offered? Did we actually lowball him?

The Crawford deal was dumber'n dirt.

kskboys

Reaction score
Here's the problem with your statement. The Cowboys didn't just release him they offered him a fair contract based on the fact that he was injured for each of his 1st 3 seasons and only stayed healthy in his contract year. Then take into account the FIVE fumbles he lost, 1 returned for a TD, 2 inside the opposing teams 10 yard line which gave up sure points for the Cowboys and 2 he lost inside our own 20 that gave the opposing team points during that contract year. Lastly now after 3 years of leaving Dallas he is now looking for his 3rd team which further proves that philly who over paid him and signed him to a 3 year contract but released him after just 1 season shows that the contract the Cowboys offered was more than fair. Good riddens to him and his greedy self.
Have to agree.

GenoT

Reaction score
If he’d take a 1+1 team-option contract for backup $$...maybe.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't think demarco could have run that far without having to stop for a breather.ha

That play, and the plainly clear incompletion on 3rd down for the packers that somehow didn't get overturned hurt as bad as the dez catch.

Saw where the Titans will have no dead money by releasing Murray, wonder how they managed that
Most likely because the back end was not guaranteed, which means he didn't get paid appreciably more than what we offered.

kskboys

Reaction score
Was a absolutely huge fumble. I had people argue with me saying he wouldn’t have scored anyways but he would have been gone for enough yards to be in FG range after he was tackled. Who knows what would have happened after the first down. We had the packers on the ropes and was begging for the early knock out.
I was a Murray fan, but that fumble was a killer.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If he’d take a 1+1 team-option contract for backup $$...maybe.

I wouldn't want him back after turning down a fair contract 3 years ago. He can scrounge for a contract some place else.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I agree. In the most inopportune times, he fumbled. Hell, his fumble in almost wide open field against GB in the playoffs was a big momentum swing. It's not the only reason the Boys lost but it played a part, that's for sure.

I was glad to see him go. I didn't care to which team. He was a super talented back that had mental lapses on the field. Plus he lacked the heart to play through pain, until it was his contract year. He was that way at OU, along with the rumors of being a bad teammate. If he had the heart and character, he would have been a first rounder. He was that talented.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Yeah, how dare he get market value and then get traded and play for a team with no offensive identity. What a terrible person.

You guys take things too personally. I would have no problems with bringing him in if the price is right.
Amen, bro. This comes down to whether we think we get a better backup in Morris or Murray or Rod Smith. Nothing wrong in bringing in Demarco to compete for a spot given his versatility (even if he's slowed a bit). That stated, I would also like for us to get a true change of pace speed guy by 5th round or so.

John813

Reaction score
Ah, but therein lies the rub. Did he get paid? Wasn't the contract back loaded, and he ended up getting about what we offered? Did we actually lowball him?

The Crawford deal was dumber'n dirt.

4 year 16 million(total) from the Cowboys.
He got 21 mil guaranteed from the Eagles (5 42mil w/ 21mil GTD)
Now how much he got paid/any agreement to get him out of the Eagles to the Titans I don't know about, but I mean back in 2015 it made sense to bolt to the Eagles.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
For one, I will never blame a player looking out for himself. Why wouldn't he want the most he could get? That's not greed that's intelligent.

Some fans crack me up, like a player who can get cut at any moment is supposed to be with one team for like in the world of free agency. You obviously have a biased opinion. I couldn't care less that much about what players do. You can't fault him for signing a contract offer. Silly.

Also, I can't take in account the "sure points" fumble you are talking about. Complete conjecture.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yup. It was obvious at the time. Demarco fell for the more money, but not guaranteed thingie. Teams sign these players, knowing they won't see the last year or three of the contract. Sad part is the players seem to prefer this so they can brag they got more than the other Joes.
I love the fact that he lifted 9 million from he egirls for his terrible year of service.

The titans were smart they game him 4 years 25.5 million with 12.5 guaranteed. Turned around and gave him 9 million of his guaranteed money up front in a bonus + 3 million of of 2017 money. They cut him before he collected a 250,000 dollar roster bonus next week. They owed him nothing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah, he should of taken our lowball offer clearly, cause Cowboys are #1!
Can't blame a man for wanting to get paid, especially at his position you don't get another big contract usually.
Hell, rather would of paid him what he wanted and not re-sign Crawford to his deal. Would of gotten a better value out of Murray than what we have seen out of TC.

I think the problem is there are fans that think of the NFL in the same terms as the local high school team, as if the only motivation for playing is love of the game and love of the school. Therefore they view a player going to another team as if the player had abandoned his school and community and went to play for the rival in the next town.

Unfortunately they ignore that at the NFL level it's also a business, and it's the livelihood of the player and their family, and the team can trade or cut that player any time they see fit to avoid paying him or to obtain another player they like from that rival in the nearby town.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score

6 fumbles.

kskboys

Reaction score
6 fumbles.
One of the most underrated and overlooked part to any ball carriers game is ball security. That's one of the reasons I think we should take Lindsay, COLO, RB, in the 4th/5th. Zero fumbles in 324 touches in 2017.

kskboys

Reaction score
For one, I will never blame a player looking out for himself. Why wouldn't he want the most he could get? That's not greed that's intelligent.

Some fans crack me up, like a player who can get cut at any moment is supposed to be with one team for like in the world of free agency. You obviously have a biased opinion. I couldn't care less that much about what players do. You can't fault him for signing a contract offer. Silly.

Also, I can't take in account the "sure points" fumble you are talking about. Complete conjecture.
To a point. There's a point where it becomes simple greediness.

Thing is, Philly offered a bloated contract. No way we should've even come close to matching that.

John813

Reaction score
I think the problem is there are fans that think of the NFL in the same terms as the local high school team, as if the only motivation for playing is love of the game and love of the school. There they view a player going to another team as if the player had abandoned his school and community and went to play for the rival in the next town.

Unfortunately they ignore that at the NFL level it's also a business, and it's the livelihood of the player and their family, and the team can trade or cut that player any time they see fit to avoid paying him or to obtain another player they like from that rival in the nearby town.

It was obvious too Murray would of liked to stay too, but like you said, it's a business for both parties involved. IMO he would of taken less to stay in Dallas, but when a rival offers you over double potential pay of your former employer, it's a no brainer to leave.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well, this is nonsense. You have probably changed jobs yourself to improve your financial situation, and even if you haven't, you have friends and family members that have, and every one made some mistakes while at their previous jobs. Were your friends and family members traitors to their previous employer? Should they have decided they weren't worthy of a better paying job because they made some mistakes at their job in the past?

Last edited: