DeMarco Murray is looking for a job **merged**

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
To a point. There's a point where it becomes simple greediness.

Thing is, Philly offered a bloated contract. No way we should've even come close to matching that.
To a point. There's a point where it becomes simple greediness.

Thing is, Philly offered a bloated contract. No way we should've even come close to matching that.
I'm not arguing that, but I won't consider a player greedy who's simply looking out for his future. It's not like he's sitting behind a desk. I highly doubt anyone here would turn down more money. I think people were sore he left.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think we offered him 4 years 20 million with 16 guarenteed. JJ would have honored the full contract. But he got 9 million from egirls and 12 from the titans. He made a extra million for his trouble. But he is now looking for a job. And won’t make much.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
For one, I will never blame a player looking out for himself. Why wouldn't he want the most he could get? That's not greed that's intelligent.

Some fans crack me up, like a player who can get cut at any moment is supposed to be with one team for like in the world of free agency. You obviously have a biased opinion. I couldn't care less that much about what players do. You can't fault him for signing a contract offer. Silly.

Also, I can't take in account the "sure points" fumble you are talking about. Complete conjecture.

There is no conjecture when it come to those 5 fumbles. They happened and if you don't think the Cowboys took them into consideration when offering the fair contract they offered then you're crazy. The players ENTIRE history is taken into consideration when it's contract time.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm not arguing that, but I won't consider a player greedy who's simply looking out for his future. It's not like he's sitting behind a desk. I highly doubt anyone here would turn down more money. I think people were sore he left.
In the NFL I don’t blame him, but I do think his agent effected that. The egirls were never gonna honor that bloated contract all the way. The titans were smarter and gave him all his money up front. The agents get $ signs in there eyes. Because of short careers they need to make all they can. If they make 20 million the player probly ends up with half. Taxes eat them up. Then they probly blow through a big chunk during there career offseasons. And help family.

glimmerman

Reaction score
There is no conjecture when it come to those 5 fumbles. They happened and if you don't think the Cowboys took them into consideration when offering the fair contract they offered then you're crazy. The players ENTIRE history is taken into consideration when it's contract time.
6 fumbles. In 2014, 13 fumbles in his 4 years with us. 19 fumbles in his career.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I would be fine with having him back up Zeke at a fair price, and by that I mean not much more than the league minimum. If he can help us win, I'm okay with it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well, this is nonsense. You have probably changed jobs yourself to improve your financial situation, and even if you haven't, you have friends and family members that have, and every one of the made some mistakes while at their previous jobs. Were your friends and family members traitors to their previous employer? Should they have decided they weren't worthy of a better paying job because they made some mistakes at their job in the past?

Again there aren't hundred of thousands of people who spent hard earned money on me , my friends and/or family like fans do for players. Trying to equate what every day Joe's do compared to professional athletes is like trying to add apples to bricks.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Went from being 1 of the best RBs in the league, to a traitor going to a division rival & they didn't know how to use him, to being bounced around & doing diddly squat. He made his bed & he can remain under it.
Chip Kelly knew getting dmarco from the cowboys would hurt them that season and he was right. 2 million dollar difference in the contract and Murray took the bait. Can't blame him. 3 yrs later and he is all but done.

glimmerman

Reaction score
One of the most underrated and overlooked part to any ball carriers game is ball security. That's one of the reasons I think we should take Lindsay, COLO, RB, in the 4th/5th. Zero fumbles in 324 touches in 2017.
Sounds good. Or even resign Morris. Morris don’t catch well out of the back field but is solid.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For one, I will never blame a player looking out for himself. Why wouldn't he want the most he could get? That's not greed that's intelligent.

Some fans crack me up, like a player who can get cut at any moment is supposed to be with one team for like in the world of free agency. You obviously have a biased opinion. I couldn't care less that much about what players do. You can't fault him for signing a contract offer. Silly.

Also, I can't take in account the "sure points" fumble you are talking about. Complete conjecture.

Exactly. Football players have a limited time to make their money, and an injury could end their career at any time, so when there is a chance for a substantial pay increase they can't ignore that. A typical person may be able to work at their job until they are 65, but an NFL player is fortunate if he makes it to age 35, and is considered pretty long in the tooth by that point. That's especially true of a RB.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Missed my point. I don't agree that the one fumble was a sure TD.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chip Kelly knew getting dmarco from the cowboys would hurt them that season and he was right. 2 million dollar difference in the contract and Murray took the bait. Can't blame him. 3 yrs later and he is all but done.

The Eagles were 7-9 that season, so maybe Chip Kelly wasn't so smart after all.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Again there aren't hundred of thousands of people who spent hard earned money on me , my friends and/or family like fans do for players. Trying to equate what every day Joe's do compared to professional athletes is like trying to add apples to bricks.
Is someone putting a gun to the fans heads who spend money?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And, again, it's a large load of BS to suggest that because people watch the NFL and are fans that an NFL player shouldn't enjoy the same right to improve his financial situation for him and his family and control his own life the way you and every other American can.

And, again, how do you justify believing it's okay for the team being to move on from a player in order to improve the team's situation, but it's not okay for the player to do the same to improve his situation? What loyalty guarantee does the player have?

Bottom line is Murray fulfilled his contract, and the team lived up to it's end of the contract, and the way the system works at that point both the player, and the team have the right to move on. It isn't a one sided deal.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Sure would have been a big play for a first down. It don’t mean we would have won anyways. Our Defense caved at the end.
I saw it different. After the fumble was being recovered by GB, the defense pretty much stopped. At around that time there were 4 or 5 GB defenders easily close enough to tackle Murray. If you look at it from the backfield, it looks like he's got a bunch of daylight. But from the sideline you can clearly see defenders close enough. Plus I highly doubt Murray has the gas to go the distance untouched regardless.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Missed my point. I don't agree that the one fumble was a sure TD.

Than take a look of some footage. He fumbled on or around the Cowboys 43 and it was scoped up by a db and returned for a TD. I believe it was in the first drive of the game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Than take a look of some footage. He fumbled on or around the Cowboys 43 and it was scoped up by a db and returned for a TD. I believe it was in the first drive of the game.
I've seen it from multiple angles.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I saw it different. After the fumble was being recovered by GB, the defense pretty much stopped. At around that time there were 4 or 5 GB defenders easily close enough to tackle Murray. If you look at it from the backfield, it looks like he's got a bunch of daylight. But from the sideline you can clearly see defenders close enough. Plus I highly doubt Murray has the gas to go the distance untouched regardless.
I am just talking the first down. Fresh set of downs and the way we were playing on Offense could have changed the game. But would have should have and could have. Lol

Reactions: G2

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I've seen it from multiple angles.

I'm not talking about the pecker game. That fumble was in the 4th quarter the one I'm talking about was like the very first drive but I don't remember who we were playing. It was week 2 against the titans and it was the 2nd series on a 1st and 10 from their own 43 and he fumbles and was returned for a TD.