DeMarco Murray is not that guy

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I love that we are committing to the run. I love that we are allowing the OL...the strength of this team....to impose their will. I love the REAL DeMarco Murray. BUT.....BUT...I do not love the DeMarco Murray we are pretending exits. It is only week 5. And I felt for the entire game...he did not show the burst he showed the first 4 games. This will NOT get better. It will only get worse. This is not even about the fumbles....which are bad! This is about the workload we are placing on a guy who is not built for this. And there is NOTHING wrong with admitting someone is not built for this. In today's NFL..not many guys are built for this. If you got RBs on this team that cannot produce...or who you do not trust...then you picked the wrong guys. We appear to be poised to make a legitimate playoff run this year. And the DeMarco Murray we saw for the first month will not exist in a few weeks if we keep this up. I...nor the rest of the fans on this forum.....get paid a dime for our opinions. But I am highly irritated the the paid PROFESSIONALS in this organization are not forecasting what I think is the inevitable law of diminishing returns.

I will never forget when Bill Parcells put Julius Jones through a 3 game stretch....starting with the Ravens and i believe the Bears on Thanksgiving Day(forgot who the 3rd team was)....that essentially ended his PRODUCTIVE career. Most guys are NOT built for this. The defenders in the modern day NFL are too big, fast and strong to try and replicate what Emmit Smith gave you. If you do not like/trust Randle/Dunbar/Williams....then why are they collecting a paycheck? With this OL...you should easily be able to plug a NFL caliber RB and get 4 - 5 yards. Murray is running 25+ times a game....he is the 3rd down RB responsible for blitz pickup (which is mentally and physically taxing)....and he is catching the ball out the backfield.

I repeat...it is week 5...and he already looks a step slow to me from what we saw in the past few weeks.

And don't get me started on the DEFLATING fumbles. In the redzone no less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reduce his carries to 20 a game. Throw it too him 3 or 4 times. And limit his blitz pickup collisions to 7 - 8 a game. Otherwise...you run the risk of him being a JAG by week 8!

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
The fumbles are a serious issue. Until we're absolutely sure that problem is fixed, there is no way you give that guy a long contract. No way.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Gotta love the dynamic use of Randle and Dunbar. NOT SRS. :rolleyes:

Slashar00

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Murray's touches in this game, but I agree that he touched the ball too often against NO when we had such a huge lead. We will have to be more careful with him. Even Jerry said so earlier this week.

Or maybe the Cowboys don't plan on resigning him, so they might as well end his career early.

Deep_South

Reaction score
DeMarco needs to get ready for 30 carries next week. Maybe after that he can rest a bit. :)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love that we are committing to the run. I love that we are allowing the OL...the strength of this team....to impose their will. I love the REAL DeMarco Murray. BUT.....BUT...I do not love the DeMarco Murray we are pretending exits. It is only week 5. And I felt for the entire game...he did not show the burst he showed the first 4 games. This will NOT get better. It will only get worse. This is not even about the fumbles....which are bad! This is about the workload we are placing on a guy who is not built for this. And there is NOTHING wrong with admitting someone is not built for this. In today's NFL..not many guys are built for this. If you got RBs on this team that cannot produce...or who you do not trust...then you picked the wrong guys. We appear to be poised to make a legitimate playoff run this year. And the DeMarco Murray we saw for the first month will not exist in a few weeks if we keep this up. I...nor the rest of the fans on this forum.....get paid a dime for our opinions. But I am highly irritated the the paid PROFESSIONALS in this organization are not forecasting what I think is the inevitable law of diminishing returns.

I will never forget when Bill Parcells put Julius Jones through a 3 game stretch....starting with the Ravens and i believe the Bears on Thanksgiving Day(forgot who the 3rd team was)....that essentially ended his PRODUCTIVE career. Most guys are NOT built for this. The defenders in the modern day NFL are too big, fast and strong to try and replicate what Emmit Smith gave you. If you do not like/trust Randle/Dunbar/Williams....then why are they collecting a paycheck? With this OL...you should easily be able to plug a NFL caliber RB and get 4 - 5 yards. Murray is running 25+ times a game....he is the 3rd down RB responsible for blitz pickup (which is mentally and physically taxing)....and he is catching the ball out the backfield.

I repeat...it is week 5...and he already looks a step slow to me from what we saw in the past few weeks.

And don't get me started on the DEFLATING fumbles. In the redzone no less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reduce his carries to 20 a game. Throw it too him 3 or 4 times. And limit his blitz pickup collisions to 7 - 8 a game. Otherwise...you run the risk of him being a JAG by week 8!

They do have to do everything they can to win the game that they're playing. That's always the #1 goal. Having said that, I don't know why Randle does not get a few more carries. He did a really good job getting a difficult 1st down today. Multiple defenders had penetrated the backfield and he was still able to get the 1st. In general, he's been good enough to get the benefit of the doubt in terms of allowing him to get a few more carries per game.

The same goes for Dunbar. I recall him making a really good block in pass pro last week and he's held onto the ball when he has touched it. He hasn't had enough carries to know if he is a good option or not.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score

Over 100 yards 5 of 5 games. Leads NFL in rushing. Best blitz blocking RB on team. Excellent catching passes out of the backfield. Yes, he's gotta work on the fumbling issues, but right now, he is the best running back in the NFL.

Oh and for that "plug in any RB" - exactly how many RBs has this team gone thru since Emmitt??

People just gotta complain about everything.

stiletto

Reaction score
They have to get the the other backs more involved, Murray will be toast come December/January if they don't plus he fumbles so it would be good to let some others learn how to run behind those big guys....I'm pretty sure they will have some success too. It would be nice if Murray and the others were equally healthy going into the end of the season if we are still playing good football then.

MrMavsMan

Reaction score
Over 100 yards 5 of 5 games. Leads NFL in rushing. Best blitz blocking RB on team. Excellent catching passes out of the backfield. Yes, he's gotta work on the fumbling issues, but right now, he is the best running back in the NFL.

Oh and for that "plug in any RB" - exactly how many RBs has this team gone thru since Emmitt??

I agree, people seem to just complain about everything. have a big win, and still complain. Dez gets a touch down and still complain that he isn't doing enough, murray leads the NFL in rushing non the less and he still isn't the man for the job.
We finally seem to have a successful strategy and success running and murray is not the right man for the job according to people.

DiResta

Reaction score

please. he didnt look slow at all dude they are a strong defensive team and have been. they were laying licks on him, it happens. he still carried 30+ for 130+. he was fumbling at the start of the year it has nothing to do with week 5. you are panicking lol

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

It's your eyes and not the player. He danced for extra yards against the top defense in the league and hung over 100 on them.

Reaction score
Yup,,, long term planning, Dallas needs to go RBBC with DeMarco sharing the backfield with another good RB (whom they will also have to pay, so keep that in mind before paying this guy a king's ransom). Demarco is good but he can't take this kind of workload and the OL will open holes regardless of who runs the ball.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I love how we heard in training camp how dynamic Dunbar was and he has rotted on the bench, oh and what about that other 2nd round TE:muttley:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

Did you read ANYTHING I said. I went on and on about how much I LOVE. I said Murray is not built to carry the load they are placing on his shoulders....for 16 weeks + playoffs. It's the carries...it's the catches out the backfield....it's the blitz pickup. Every play he is on the field is physically taxing. In today's NFL...the other RBs on the team are NOT just "insurance" when your starter gets hurt. This is not about use him up while he is cheap...and discard him after the season. This is about recognizing we appear to be poised to make a REAL playoff run...THIS year....and not "blowing our load" before November!

slomoxn

Reaction score

Could it have something to do with the D line giving our stellar O line its monies worth and him taking hits immediately after touching the ball, not after past the LOS. Only Sanders hd the moves to be ffull speed makinn a cut from one direction to the next.