DeMarco Murray is not that guy

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
he has the vision and speed to run 75 yard touchdowns behind this line..

just put him in on running plays...not pass protection.

He isn't as fast as Murray....so I doubt you are gonna see 75 yd TD's out of Williams.

And if he only plays on run downs, don't you think that tips the defense off? LMAO.

kramskoi

Reaction score
The guy is breaking records, busting his tail, & was a big reason we won today, & you're STILL complaining. I guess there's no pleasing everyone. Emmitt carried a far bigger load when he was here. That's what they pay Murray for. Spell him a bit more, but he IS the feature back.

And even with the considerable dominance of the 90's o-line, that team was vastly different on offense without Emmitt. There was a synergy between the two that worked like magic. The line needed Emmitt and Emmitt needed the line. I see the same thing here. That said, the OP makes a really relevant point about longevity and injury-avoidance. Moreover, I think that if Murray goes down, the Cowboys will regress toward "chuck-ball" once again, which won't be a good thing for a quarterback with back issues.

Zman5

Reaction score
I also would like to see us bring up R. Williams. Cut Klutts or Dunbar if we are not going to use him.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
WTH?

Long-winded, blow hards. Thanks for posting ........not.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
He isn't as fast as Murray....so I doubt you are gonna see 75 yd TD's out of Williams.

And if he only plays on run downs, don't you think that tips the defense off? LMAO.

easy there dude..

i sense you are trying to start some ****.

i said i want him to spell murray and keep both fresh..

you got a problem with that?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Is it his blocking that's keeping him from dressing on game days over Randle?

Because when Ryan Williams was running with the ball he looked as legit at doing so as any guy starting in this league?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Is it his blocking that's keeping him from dressing on game days over Randle?

Because when Ryan Williams was running with the ball he looked as legit at doing so as any guy starting in this league?

that must be the only issue...but he would really go off on running behind what is simply becoming a dominant o-line.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
easy there dude..

i sense you are trying to start some ****.

i said i want him to spell murray and keep both fresh..

you got a problem with that?

Not trying to start anything, but Ryan Williams is not a better RB than DeMarco Murray. He wasn't good enough to get playing time in Arizona. He was decent in preseason but obviously has some warts that the coaches aren't willing to live with at this point. I like Williams, I would prefer him to Dunbar because I see Dunbar as one trick pony that really isn't that good at his one trick.

The OP is saying Murray looks like he is wearing down yet the guy is still moving the pile late in the games after contact.

That being said, I would LOVE to see Murray's workload lightened a bit, whether it is Randle, Dunbar or Williams. Your suggestion to only put him in on run downs is laughable however and I wasn't the only one that commented on that. Murray in the game makes them guess as far as run, pass with him in pass protection or him with a pass route. Has to be accounted for every play.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
that must be the only issue...but he would really go off on running behind what is simply becoming a dominant o-line.

I agree. Or at least spell Murray with continuing that same level of intensity.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. Or at least spell Murray with continuing that same level of intensity.

They're going to have to spell him. Today he didn't look anywhere near as good as what he has. Some of the credit has to go to the Houston defense, but I wonder if Murray is starting to lose a little steam. And now he has to go up to Seattle and face a pretty stiff defense up there.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I love that we are committing to the run. I love that we are allowing the OL...the strength of this team....to impose their will. I love the REAL DeMarco Murray. BUT.....BUT...I do not love the DeMarco Murray we are pretending exits. It is only week 5. And I felt for the entire game...he did not show the burst he showed the first 4 games. This will NOT get better. It will only get worse. This is not even about the fumbles....which are bad! This is about the workload we are placing on a guy who is not built for this. And there is NOTHING wrong with admitting someone is not built for this. In today's NFL..not many guys are built for this. If you got RBs on this team that cannot produce...or who you do not trust...then you picked the wrong guys. We appear to be poised to make a legitimate playoff run this year. And the DeMarco Murray we saw for the first month will not exist in a few weeks if we keep this up. I...nor the rest of the fans on this forum.....get paid a dime for our opinions. But I am highly irritated the the paid PROFESSIONALS in this organization are not forecasting what I think is the inevitable law of diminishing returns.

I will never forget when Bill Parcells put Julius Jones through a 3 game stretch....starting with the Ravens and i believe the Bears on Thanksgiving Day(forgot who the 3rd team was)....that essentially ended his PRODUCTIVE career. Most guys are NOT built for this. The defenders in the modern day NFL are too big, fast and strong to try and replicate what Emmit Smith gave you. If you do not like/trust Randle/Dunbar/Williams....then why are they collecting a paycheck? With this OL...you should easily be able to plug a NFL caliber RB and get 4 - 5 yards. Murray is running 25+ times a game....he is the 3rd down RB responsible for blitz pickup (which is mentally and physically taxing)....and he is catching the ball out the backfield.

I repeat...it is week 5...and he already looks a step slow to me from what we saw in the past few weeks.

And don't get me started on the DEFLATING fumbles. In the redzone no less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reduce his carries to 20 a game. Throw it too him 3 or 4 times. And limit his blitz pickup collisions to 7 - 8 a game. Otherwise...you run the risk of him being a JAG by week 8!

Please close your legs, your agenda is showing. You have been on your soapbox about Murray the last couple of weeks needing fewer reps. Cowboys actually close this game out before OT if they ran him more. And Murry was not noticeably slower, that was the REAL Murray out there today, just like he's out there every Sunday. No one can predict injury and playing to protect a player is a luxury that the Cowboys cannot afford. Not to mention a poor game strategy.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
They're going to have to spell him. Today he didn't look anywhere near as good as what he has. Some of the credit has to go to the Houston defense, but I wonder if Murray is starting to lose a little steam. And now he has to go up to Seattle and face a pretty stiff defense up there.

Absolutely!

However, I don't think Randle brings that same level of intensity that even a gassed DeMarco Murray brings and that's why the coaching staff continually rides the Murray horse under those circumstances.

Regarding Dunbar, he's obviously a total different back and we show our hand on the play much clearer to the defense when he is in there as opposed to Murray.

Ryan Williams however can tote the ball similarily. However, it's his blocking and pass catching that is the drop off and what I understand is keeping him behind Randle on the depth chart.

Regarding Houson's defense? We helped them more than they hurt us and we should have won this won by at least 10 points if we played awake every snap as a unit like we're supposed to.

The Romo pick he was duped, I get it. Murray fumbling is the same nonsense that we have seen 4 out of the 5 games. The delay of game penalty when we needed to close things out and run the clock. Nonsense.

Harris fumbling on the return, obvious nonsense.

The false start by # 77 during those circumstances, nonsense.

There was only 1 series of play calling by Linehan that I humbly questioned. We were gashing them with the run and then we decide to throw a pass on 1st down when we should have just kept leaning on their d-line. We then went 3rd and long on 3 straight passes and could not convert. Finally gave the defense some decent field position to defend that time but that was the best of it.

So yes, against Seattle we need to spell Murray. Whether it's him blocking less so he can sustain his rushing attempts and get his 4-5 receiving attempts out the backfield and/or spell him for the next game.

Regardless, this next game we have to bring it all, execute across the board and be more physical. DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER!!!!!

We should be going into Seattle looking to draw blood at all costs in an effort to win the game, not say "Oh well, we're 4-2 still".

If we beat Seattle over there, then we know we can go after this whole thing health permitting and that's the most important thing.

Nevermind these moral victories. They're nonsense..........