DeMarco Murray is not that guy

BlueStar22

Reaction score
If we're going to run Murray the way we have so far this year, I don't want to hear anything about them talking new contract. Dunbar had no carries today. Randle had 2. Gotta give those guys some run. Dunbar sat out the preseason games like he was a starter.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Could it have something to do with the D line giving our stellar O line its monies worth and him taking hits immediately after touching the ball, not after past the LOS. Only Sanders hd the moves to be ffull speed makinn a cut from one direction to the next.

I respect the Texans defense. But this is more about my opinion of Murray....regardless of the opponent. He is not the guy for HOW MUCH we are asking of him. Does that mean he will not have anymore big games? No! Does that mean he will not have another 25 carry game? No! I am speculating that at THIS pace...he will be out of gas before December!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has anyone heard or read any reason why Randle isn't getting more carries? Murray's workload is insane.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
C'mon guys, I never got the impression that the OP was complaining. He was making an observation that Murray might be wearing down a bit and I think we all can agree that some of the other backs should get more touches to help him out. Geez - even Jerry said it this week and he owns the team.

MissouriCowboy

Reaction score
My thing is they need this week I hope in practice to work Dunbar and Randle in run attack more. Murray needs a whole straight up week working on ball security,nothing else. He also should not fight 5 guys on at all. His effort sometimes leads to his fumbles.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Murray is getting a lot of work; but remember there are a lot of carries where he's really not getting hit; or not getting hit that bad. I think he'll be fine; fumbles excluded...

Macnalty

Reaction score
i would kill to see ryan williams run behind this o- line alternating with murray.

I agree for his running talent, his blocking talent makes me want to leave him on the Practise Squad. I have no idea if he has gotten more proficient at blocking since pre season if he has I think he is built for running behind this line.

DiResta

Reaction score
I love how we heard in training camp how dynamic Dunbar was and he has rotted on the bench, oh and what about that other 2nd round TE:muttley:

hes dynamic but it doesnt matter if he lets a defense like Houstons blindside your $100,000,000.00 quarterback. Murray is very good at blitz pickup and thats as good a reason as any to keep him in today

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
I agree for his running talent, his blocking talent makes me want to leave him on the Practise Squad. I have no idea if he has gotten more proficient at blocking since pre season if he has I think he is built for running behind this line.

he has the vision and speed to run 75 yard touchdowns behind this line..

just put him in on running plays...not pass protection.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Murray has 670 yards rushing.

He will be tested against Seattle. But could very well be coming out of game 8 with over 1000 yards, but leading the league...still.

I think he needs to get a longer breather in the second half of the season. But if Dallas were to lose to Seattle and make a run in the next five games they could be 9-2 and a great shot at the play-offs.

Have no clue why you are worrying about this guy at this point.

Ender

Reaction score
Demarco is a excellent back, and its crazy to suggest he's not after how well he's been playing.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
hes dynamic but it doesnt matter if he lets a defense like Houstons blindside your $100,000,000.00 quarterback. Murray is very good at blitz pickup and thats as good a reason as any to keep him in today

Nonsense there are plenty of situations in a game to get him touches, I wasn't the one in training camp raving about how big of a role he was going to play( coaches)

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I could not disagree more. We have repeatedly heard from opposing teams how Murray is a focus to stop because he is so fast, so strong and has great patience and knows when to hit the hold. Today I saw Murray on numerous occasions make explosive cuts and move horizontally to find creases and get extra yards. And he was money on 3rd down and had some explosive runs off of receptions. The fumbling is an issue, but the silver lining is that those fumbles are happening about a nanosecond before he hits the ground. He's never had a fumbling problem before, so I think a little help with technique can resolve the issue.

I just think people had their mind made up on Murray when he was drafted and are looking for reasons to believe he's not as good as he is. At this point, he is arguably the league's MVP.

YR

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I'd like to see some room made for Ryan Williams on the roster to help close games out.

He runs hard as hell.

reddyuta

Reaction score
agree with most poster on this thread,Murrays workload is untenable.he wont be as good in december if this keeps if .up.why would they not give Dunbar atleast a few carries,he could break one with this oline.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I'd make 2 moves this week.. Bring up Ryan Williams and Michael Sam.. We'll I guess 4 cause 2 gotta go down to the PS or Cut.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I love that we are committing to the run. I love that we are allowing the OL...the strength of this team....to impose their will. I love the REAL DeMarco Murray. BUT.....BUT...I do not love the DeMarco Murray we are pretending exits. It is only week 5. And I felt for the entire game...he did not show the burst he showed the first 4 games. This will NOT get better. It will only get worse. This is not even about the fumbles....which are bad! This is about the workload we are placing on a guy who is not built for this. And there is NOTHING wrong with admitting someone is not built for this. In today's NFL..not many guys are built for this. If you got RBs on this team that cannot produce...or who you do not trust...then you picked the wrong guys. We appear to be poised to make a legitimate playoff run this year. And the DeMarco Murray we saw for the first month will not exist in a few weeks if we keep this up. I...nor the rest of the fans on this forum.....get paid a dime for our opinions. But I am highly irritated the the paid PROFESSIONALS in this organization are not forecasting what I think is the inevitable law of diminishing returns.

I will never forget when Bill Parcells put Julius Jones through a 3 game stretch....starting with the Ravens and i believe the Bears on Thanksgiving Day(forgot who the 3rd team was)....that essentially ended his PRODUCTIVE career. Most guys are NOT built for this. The defenders in the modern day NFL are too big, fast and strong to try and replicate what Emmit Smith gave you. If you do not like/trust Randle/Dunbar/Williams....then why are they collecting a paycheck? With this OL...you should easily be able to plug a NFL caliber RB and get 4 - 5 yards. Murray is running 25+ times a game....he is the 3rd down RB responsible for blitz pickup (which is mentally and physically taxing)....and he is catching the ball out the backfield.

I repeat...it is week 5...and he already looks a step slow to me from what we saw in the past few weeks.

And don't get me started on the DEFLATING fumbles. In the redzone no less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reduce his carries to 20 a game. Throw it too him 3 or 4 times. And limit his blitz pickup collisions to 7 - 8 a game. Otherwise...you run the risk of him being a JAG by week 8!

He IS that guy but his carries need to be metered. I still trust that Linehan will make all equivalent in the world of Demarco.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
He is but how long can he do it for? The staff has to get another back involved more.

The next two games are going to be hard, Seattle away, and Giants at home. I hope Murray can get through those games healthy, because the Commanders follow.