DeMarco Murray on the Herd

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray saying that Jason Garrett's weakness is managing the game literally just validated the opinions of thousands of message board posters all over the Internet on various Cowboys forums.

We knew it. We were right all along. Garrett is a goof. WE ARE SMART!!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Clock management sucks with Garrett, he was fortunate when he had Romo and Witten because they basically took over and handled the game in the last few minutes. Now what? They are both gone. I have no confidence in Garrett with the game on the line and two minutes remaining. He will cost us some games.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Clock management sucks with Garrett, he was fortunate when he had Romo and Witten because they basically took over and handled the game in the last few minutes. Now what? They are both gone. I have no confidence in Garrett with the game on the line and two minutes remaining. He will cost us some games.
Uh oh another reason to love Romo

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Interesting interview with Murray, especially his comments about Jason Garrett and Dez.

Talks about Garrett at the 10:07 mark if you don't want to listen to entire interview

I hope out of all the click pings around the world, one came from jerry's personal PC.

This way he can hear what really a scumbag Garrett really is around the 10:07 mark.

DiResta

Reaction score
he was worse about Dez
i got the feeling he blamed Garrett for not running the ball (ie. give it to Murray) more late in the game than anything
he also said hes a great motivator which is the opposite of what many say

easy to take it as him saying Garrett sux, if thats your agenda (he never implied that, think he wouldve if he thought it)
most know Garretts flaws

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
he was worse about Dez
i got the feeling he blamed Garrett for not running the ball (ie. give it to Murray) more late in the game than anything
he also said hes a great motivator which is the opposite of what many say

easy to take it as him saying Garrett sux, if thats your agenda (he never implied that, think he wouldve if he thought it)
most know Garretts flaws
Of course he's a great motivator. That's why we call him the clapper. lol

DiResta

Reaction score
Maybe Romo can call in and take over the game in the final minutes when it is close. :lmao:
Romo always wanted the ball
and hes great in 2 minute drill
its not surprising. Romo was calling the shots in those situations AND i bet was audibling out of run plays
Linehan wasnt telling Tony Romo to pass pass pass
Romo has openly admitted this ****

ItzKelz

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray saying that Jason Garrett's weakness is managing the game literally just validated the opinions of thousands of message board posters all over the Internet on various Cowboys forums.

Yea but he finished it off saying he got better during his tenure there. Which i agree and the reason Demarco became offensive player of the year was largely because of Garrett's approach at the end of games

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've been trying to tell you all!!! Lol

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yea but he finished it off saying he got better during his tenure there. Which i agree and the reason Demarco became offensive player of the year was largely because of Garrett's approach at the end of games
He said they got better when Garrett allowed Romo and Witten to take over the game. Which leads to the logical conclusion that he instantly sucks again since Romo left.

Rams 2017 as exhibit 1

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I hope out of all the click pings around the world, one came from jerry's personal PC.

This way he can hear what really a scumbag Garrett really is around the 10:07 mark.

You need to work on your listening skills.

Even Garrett himself has admitted to the mistakes he has made in game decisions. He has improved as Murray pointed out.

And then of course there was the first part of the discourse where he points out how Garrett is a great motivator and his players play hard for him. It's an underrated skill and I find it interesting how many men around here fail to grasp how hard motivating others day after day actually is. Look at what happened to Wade Phillips.