DeMarco Murray on the Herd

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo always wanted the ball
and hes great in 2 minute drill
its not surprising. Romo was calling the shots in those situations AND i bet was audibling out of run plays
Linehan wasnt telling Tony Romo to pass pass pass
Romo has openly admitted this ****
Once the line was strong and the run game was working, he relied heavily on the run
Imagine that

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This was posted in the Tweet thread, but from his interview:

Murray saying JG weakness is "managing games," "critical moments" "running the ball" "2-minute drill"

Murray is right on all three accounts, imo. And only recently has JG improved at featuring the run, but it's been kinda forced on him due to our personnel, there's really no way we can't feature the run. But we wasted Murray's first three years here. Where Murray flashed elite-potential and we still disbanded the run.

Interesting take from a guy who is still part of the JG-Romo-Witten inner circle (as he mentions, too [still being friends/close with them])
Absolutely. I don't think he's improved at the end of games. What he did change was he finally committed to running the ball which I had been yelling at him to do for years. He finally did that in 2014 and I think that was one of Romo's best years . But Murray was a good runner before that and even when they were running successfully, Garrett would abandon it and it became a passing contest. And I'm not going to forget last year's Seattle game at the goal line and not one running play.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Once the line was strong and the run game was working, he relied heavily on the run
Imagine that
But JC, what about his gaffe in GB in 2013, where we stripped them of their dignity rushing it down their throat, only to disband the run and eventually lose the game, the game that, had we won, would have sent us to the POs, without relying on Orton for a Wk 17 miracle (that he, admittedly, almost pulled off. Almost)?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Absolutely. I don't think he's improved at the end of games. What he did change was he finally committed to running the ball which I had been yelling at him to do for years. He finally did that in 2014 and I think that was one of Romo's best years . But Murray was a good runner before that and even when they were running successfully, Garrett would abandon it and it became a passing contest. And I'm not going to forget last year's Seattle game at the goal line and not one running play.
Preach it, PA. Preach it, my brother

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
He said they got better when Garrett allowed Romo and Witten to take over the game. Which leads to the logical conclusion that he instantly sucks again since Romo left.

Rams 2017 as exhibit 1

Packers 2017 exhibit 2

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
A few guys on NFLN last night said, they think Garrett is the right guy. Brought up the 8-8 seasons, and the injury riddled season, but now has the back to back winning season...game 17 naysayers will chime in there...LOL...
They think he is the right guy moving forward with this young team. They actually made a lot of good points.

I am not saying I agree with them. Just saying what they said.
Probably Cowboy haters that want us to continue the process. lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
Are Romo and JG still friends?
They got along fine, but were not friends like some thought anyway.
Garrett would invite him and others to various events for various reasons, but those two didnt hang out like Witten and Romo or Murray, and a couple of others like maybe Church

Dre11

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray saying that Jason Garrett's weakness is managing the game literally just validated the opinions of thousands of message board posters all over the Internet on various Cowboys forums.

We knew it. We were right all along. Garrett is a goof. WE ARE SMART!!

No, he contradicted himself, he said on one hand that JG wasn't good at it and then turned around and said they were good at 4th quarter and 2 minutes drills because Jason leaned on Romo and Witten. Sounded like he was just repeating what the narrative has been. If Romo was great in those moments, why was he criticized so much for audibling out of run plays late. It don't add up.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Garrett would invite him and others to various events for various reasons, but those two didnt hang out like Witten and Romo or Murray, and a couple of others like maybe Church

Weren't they hanging at a basketball game together?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
JG, still, would get in his chance to hang "with the cool guys" tho :muttley::muttley:

(was also considered part of the "clique," as we have heard from numerous former players, disgruntled or otherwise)

Dre11

Reaction score
Clock management sucks with Garrett, he was fortunate when he had Romo and Witten because they basically took over and handled the game in the last few minutes. Now what? They are both gone. I have no confidence in Garrett with the game on the line and two minutes remaining. He will cost us some games.

So why was Romo criticized for audibling out of run plays late in games?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Don't really think coaches and players should be hanging out like that. Don't know any other team that does that. But that's why they love him. He's one of the guys.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Don't really think coaches and players should be hanging out like that. Don't know any other team that does that. But that's why they love him. He's one of the guys.
Imagine Belichick and Brady at a Red Sox game lmao

Gisele would have to sit in the middle, just to keep the two from strangling each other. Same in 2007, same now.