DeMarco Murray on the Herd

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
This was posted in the Tweet thread, but from his interview:

Murray saying JG weakness is "managing games," "critical moments" "running the ball" "2-minute drill"

Murray is right on all three accounts, imo. And only recently has JG improved at featuring the run, but it's been kinda forced on him due to our personnel, there's really no way we can't feature the run. But we wasted Murray's first three years here. Where Murray flashed elite-potential and we still disbanded the run.

Interesting take from a guy who is still part of the JG-Romo-Witten inner circle (as he mentions, too [still being friends/close with them])

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few guys on NFLN last night said, they think Garrett is the right guy. Brought up the 8-8 seasons, and the injury riddled season, but now has the back to back winning season...game 17 naysayers will chime in there...LOL...
They think he is the right guy moving forward with this young team. They actually made a lot of good points.

I am not saying I agree with them. Just saying what they said.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
That was a good listen.
For as much gruff as Cowherd gets here, his show is generally very good, Aven. Really fantastic guests, and he's a good interviewer. I will never forgive him for his Sean Taylor comments, but I can move past them for the talent he is. He is good at what he does. Ruptured blood vessels on CZ, or otherwise

JustChip

Reaction score
Yea but he finished it off saying he got better during his tenure there. Which i agree and the reason Demarco became offensive player of the year was largely because of Garrett's approach at the end of games
Most on here would readily admit that it takes time for a draftee to learn, adapt to and excel at the pro level. They're simply not pro-ready as a rookie.

Well, the same can be said of Garrett. I think even the most ardent Garrett supporters would have to admit he was not HC ready when he was given the job. But even the most ardent Garrett detractors should be able to admit he's better today than he was when he started. I know it's hard, but people should try to critique Garrett over say the last 4 years. There's enough in that time to feed either the supporters or detractors.

Aven8

Reaction score
For as much gruff as Cowherd gets here, his show is generally very good, Aven. Really fantastic guests, and he's a good interviewer. I will never forgive him for his Sean Taylor comments, but I can move past them for the talent he is. He is good at what he does. Ruptured blood vessels on CZ, or otherwise

I've always like him for some reason. He's quirky etc, but he seems like a closet Cowboys fan to me. He calls is as he sees it as well. I was a big fan of Demarco as well. Kid is a straight up solid person and was sad to see him go. He may have not been TD in the open field but the dude would punish people when he would put that head down. Just ask the Seahawks!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I've always like him for some reason. He's quirky etc, but he seems like a closet Cowboys fan to me. He calls is as he sees it as well. I was a big fan of Demarco as well. Kid is a straight up solid person and was sad to see him go. He may have not been TD in the open field but the dude would punish people when he would put that head down. Just ask the Seahawks!
Dude always rep'd Romo HARD. The two of them are buddies, iirc

And good stuff, Aven, re:Murray... completely agree, brother

DFWJC

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray saying that Jason Garrett's weakness is managing the game literally just validated the opinions of thousands of message board posters all over the Internet on various Cowboys forums.

We knew it. We were right all along. Garrett is a goof. WE ARE SMART!!
I’m not a Garrett defender, but I think you only heard what you wanted to hear.
Murray had plenty good to say too.
:laugh:

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
I think it is interesting that you guys think it's been controversial. He iced his kicker after all.
I may be in the minority, but I think that "iced his own kicker" criticism is just pure horse dookie. He didn't call time out to "ice his own kicker". He called timeout because he was watching the play unfold and felt like they were going to be either too rushed to get a good kick off, or have to take a 5 yard penalty. Calling time out was the right thing to do to give his team and kicker the best opportunity for success. Unfortunately, his kicker missed the 2nd kick for whatever reason. If calling a timeout caused his kicker to miss the 2nd try, then he's a mental midget.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Its kind of funny that people think this is a huge revelation after the team took play calling away from him and hired Scott Linehan for it this week.

And by "this week", I mean three years ago.

JustChip

Reaction score
I’m not Garrett defender, but I think you only heard what you wanted to hear.
Murray had plenty good to say too.
:laugh:
Right. People listen to things through the filter of their own preconceived beliefs. We all want validation we're right or in the majority, whether we are or aren't.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I hope out of all the click pings around the world, one came from jerry's personal PC.

This way he can hear what really a scumbag Garrett really is around the 10:07 mark.
“Scumbag”?
Getting kind of personal there, soupy
You may want to re-listen to that.....nothing remotely like dissing him character-wise