Video: Demarco Murray Press Conference

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You get the point, right? They value the guy who carried the load significantly less than another team. Pinheaded move.

But there will be many rejoicing. And if and when this comes back to bite the team on the butt, they will come up with some other sleight-of-hand deflection to push this off on Murray.

Yet, after the season ended, and he signed the waver indicating he did not need any surgery as all the healthy players do, he didn't clean out his locker. He hung around, going to games with teammates and the head coach. He left every impression he wanted to be here. Only after well over a month did he get the picture this team did not hold him in the same esteem he held them.

So some of this is on Murray. An old school sort of guy who wanted to be here and allowed his heart to guide him, until the team - in their arrogance - low balled him, and held him in disrespect.

This is a Jones move playing GM. He overspends for Carr and a whole host of other players, then when he has a real jewel in his hands he plays it tough.

Can Dallas replace Murray's yards? Maybe.

Can they replace his ability to block the one off blitzer? Maybe.

Can they replace his love for the team, loyalty, and leadership? Highly doubtful.

The window is now in the Dallas Cowboy's House of Glass. And Jerry Jones is practicing with his new slingshot. This was a monumentally stupid move.

I am just saying that your definition of FEW is FAR from few.
The rest of your hos like rambling and deflection does not matter to me or my point.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I am just saying that your definition of FEW is FAR from few.
The rest of your hos like rambling and deflection does not matter to me or my point.

You have no point. You didn't when you started this and still don't. I responded to you out of courtesy knowing full well your history of being obtuse.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
This is why I miss DeMarcus Ware. He came out and said out of respect for the Cowboys organization and all what they did for him and his family, he would show them the respect of not signing with a division rival. But go get your money DMurray, because at the end of the day that's the only loyalty you have.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Two early to be so deep in controversial dialogue......Time for a coffee break.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have no point. You didn't when you started this and still don't. I responded to you out of courtesy knowing full well your history of being obtuse.

My point was on point and the point was you said a few and I said it was more than a few because it was more than a few.

Furthermore you did not respond to me out of courtesy, you responded because someone said you were wrong, as you were wrong and you have a long history of being a long winded argumentative blow hard who can't stand when someone says you are wrong.

Phoenix

Reaction score
I feel so bad for the guy. He has to live in that wretched place with those wretched fans. Blech. And - sorry Murray but THIS will never change buddy:

:igglestrophy:

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I understand the business side of the game, but the non-football side of me hates it that we've let a standup guy like Murray walk while keeping a guy who needs a security detail to prevent him from getting into trouble at strip clubs. I think it's the right move, mind you, and am glad the team is sticking to its plan, but am feeling pretty conflicted at that moment.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
he is an Eagle now.
This is why I miss DeMarcus Ware. He came out and said out of respect for the Cowboys organization and all what they did for him and his family, he would show them the respect of not signing with a division rival. But go get your money DMurray, because at the end of the day that's the only loyalty you have.

Yep. :hammer:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Our offense was what it was last year because of our O-Line and Linehan's play calling. (and Romo of course)

DM is not the only RB that will succeed in Dallas.

Don't get me wrong, I was a DM fan, ... but if we can get a good RB, .. our O-Line, Romo, and Linehan will take care of the rest.

risco

Reaction score
Before you get emotional and bash the man, please watch his PC. He literally spends half the time talking about his love for the Cowboys and his brothers on the team. There is no question he would be a Cowboy if he got a respectable offer from us. I really hope this new money strategy doesn't backfire because Murray is 10x the professional guys like MBIII and Leonard Davis were.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/8109350/events/2963279

I don't care what anyone has to say about this, but this is just pathetic ... No way they should have let him walk. This guys was not only a good athlete and a model citizen, but he was a leader too. Could have easily been the face of the team. To me, this was a bad move.

risco

Reaction score
Does he look like a guy who wants to be there? It's obvious he was forced into this decision because he wasn't getting a respectable deal from us. This isn't the NBA/MLB, these men risk their bodies/lives for the game. He deserves to take care of himself financially.

True that- he clearly looks like he's forcing his happiness.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

Easy to say when Denver chased him hard and they thought he was the missing piece to the SB puzzle for them.
They paid him well, but I bet if the Hawks called and offered better money he would have said some thing different in his farewell speech.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Easy to say when Denver chased him hard and they thought he was the missing piece to the SB puzzle for them.
They paid him well, but I bet if the Hawks called and offered better money he would have said some thing different in his farewell speech.

Hawks aren't a divison rival. Conference, but not division.