WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;4229509 said:
He reminds me of Robert Smith with the Vikings in the 90's
Not a bad comparison..

I'll have to look up some youtube vids to compare, but I could see that.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Robert Smith was insane fast for a man his size. Not quite Chris Johson but not far off either. If he got behind you, he wasn't getting caught... ever.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4229551 said:
Not a bad comparison..

I'll have to look up some youtube vids to compare, but I could see that.

When I first saw Murray that is who I thought of.

RB's in almost wide receiver like bodies. Both upright runners who are deceptively strong and breaks a lot of tackles.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/RobertSmith-DemarcoMurray.jpg

VACowboy

Reaction score
zrinkill;4229509 said:
He reminds me of Robert Smith with the Vikings in the 90's

Yep. Me too, though Murray is a little bit bigger.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JoeCorrado;4229359 said:
He kind of looked like DeMarco Murray to me.

You know how comparisons always seem to lead to arguments around here. I am sure there are trolls and negative nannies out there just waiting for any hint of weakness to make their move.

Next thing you know we will be comparing Romo to ... oh, never mind. :D

You beat me too it....:laugh2:

joseephuss

Reaction score
fortdick;4229340 said:
Funny, but to me he looked a lot like Emmit. I just had that deja vu feeling watching him run against Seattle.

I don't see the Emmitt similarities at all.

The Quest for Six;4229398 said:
three games doesn't make a career..remember troy hambrick, and Julius Jones, how soon those forget

Hambrick never showed that kind of talent or production. Hambrick also didn't have that much of a college resume. Murray may not do much the rest of his career, but I see more potential in him than I ever did in Hambrick.

vaturkey

Reaction score
Closest I can see. Maybe Fred Jackson, but I think it a bit faster the Fred.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
burmafrd;4229759 said:
Duane Thomas had more power and could block as well.

Duane Thomas was also compared to Jim Brown once upon a time. Murray is not that kind of back.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the inevitable "DeMarco needs a nickname" thread.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Murray is a little bigger than Smith but not a bad comparison. Not seeing the D Thomas thing. Thomas was not compared to Brown re running style. People thought he might be as great though. He and Brown killed that though.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
InmanRoshi;4229539 said:
Looks like Ricky Watters to me.

Exactly who I was thinking when these comparison threads started being created.

Same style as Watters but much more patience, obviously.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
jobberone;4230431 said:
Murray is a little bigger than Smith but not a bad comparison. Not seeing the D Thomas thing. Thomas was not compared to Brown re running style. People thought he might be as great though. He and Brown killed that though.

I vaguely recall The Sphinx, but he just looked bigger and faster than the opposing D players. I just looked up his measurables and he is not much bigger than DeMarco Murray. Wow.

Thomas was more agile though, and he looked fast as heck. He made a lot more players miss on a regular basis too. And he was the best player on the Cowboys first two SBs, even Lilly admits to that.

Just had a thought, Jerry needs to give Murray the number 33. That is definitely a Cowboys' RB legacy number:

Duane Thomas > Tony Dorsett > DeMarco Murray

All went to SB in their rookie seasons. It's karma Jerry, just do it! :)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BAT;4230484 said:
I vaguely recall The Sphinx, but he just looked bigger and faster than the opposing D players. I just looked up his measurables and he is not much bigger than DeMarco Murray. Wow.

Thomas was more agile though, and he looked fast as heck. He made a lot more players miss on a regular basis too. And he was the best player on the Cowboys first two SBs, even Lilly admits to that.

Just had a thought, Jerry needs to give Murray the number 33. That is definitely a Cowboys' RB legacy number:

Duane Thomas > Tony Dorsett > DeMarco Murray

All went to SB in their rookie seasons. It's karma Jerry, just do it! :smile:

You remember correctly. He was faster, stronger and bigger than most of the players then. He wasn't more agile than Murray IMO. Thomas may have been faster on the field. I haven't seen enough of Murray yet. I still don't know how fast he is. I don't think he is 4.37 fast though.

goshan

Reaction score
jobberone;4230517 said:
You remember correctly. He was faster, stronger and bigger than most of the players then. He wasn't more agile than Murray IMO. Thomas may have been faster on the field. I haven't seen enough of Murray yet. I still don't know how fast he is. I don't think he is 4.37 fast though.

Murray doesn't look as fast as his timed speed.