Demarco Murray reminds me a lot of Duane Thomas

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
He reminds me a little of Adrian Peterson. I'm not saying he is, just has similar style.

He should be the starter with Felix as backup/3rd down/change of pace back.

cfin5256

Reaction score
CATCH17;4231798 said:
Yep.

Sorry that I didn't see the guy going from a skinny borderline WR to a NFL Powerback.

The irony in this last weekend was that Pete Carroll was recruiting Demarco to be a DB at USC. That's part of why he committed to OU; we promised him a RB spot.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
cfin5256;4231814 said:
The irony in this last weekend was that Pete Carroll was recruiting Demarco to be a DB at USC. That's part of why he committed to OU; we promised him a RB spot.

He was always more Percy Harvin than Adrian Peterson.

Then he comes to Dallas and we put him on the juice and now he is Peterson lite.

cfin5256

Reaction score
CATCH17;4231817 said:
He was always more Percy Harvin than Adrian Peterson.

Then he comes to Dallas and we put him on the juice and now he is Peterson lite.

His freshman season he was definitely Harvin-like. It seems after the first couple of injuries, he devoted more time to conditioning and 'bulking up' a bit. Junior and senior seasons, he didn't seem as fast, but was a better all around runner. He has obviously benefited from being able to make football his full time job. As a Cowboy and Sooner fan, I really hope we get to see this type of production out of him throughout his career.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
jack2;4229287 said:
Don't know how may of u remember the cowboys in the 70's? But murray running style remind me a lot of duane thomas, he seemed to be able to get 6-7 yards with ease! Just hope j
His head is screwed on better than that great runner.

hope he isnt calling his caucasian teammates white boys though

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I think Murray's one-cut style reminds me of Arian Foster. Murray has a nice little burst and more burst than Foster, imo.

cowdogg

Reaction score
Long time cowboy fan reading these post on who Demarc reminds them of. Not saying that he reminds me of him, but does anybody remember Ricky blake. A Jimmy Johnson find that was out of this world powerful and speed to match. Crushed his hip on a play against the bengals I think. That dude was freakin awesome!

Duane

Reaction score
cowdogg;4232766 said:
Long time cowboy fan reading these post on who Demarc reminds them of. Not saying that he reminds me of him, but does anybody remember Ricky blake. A Jimmy Johnson find that was out of this world powerful and speed to match. Crushed his hip on a play against the bengals I think. That dude was freakin awesome!

:welcome:

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
He reminds me of Tipping Timmy Newsome only with more speed and explosion.