DeMarcus Lawrence feels disrespected according to Jane Slater

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm afraid DLaw is talking himself outta money and a team. Another example of a good guy getting off track due to his greedy agent. He is making a mistake. I said this before, these tweets we read don't seem at all like the guy we saw over the last couple year. I don't trust these reports. Its lying season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm afraid DLaw is talking himself outta money and a team. Another example of a good guy getting off track due to his greedy agent. He is making a mistake. I said this before, these tweets we read don't seem at all like the guy we saw over the last couple year. I don't trust these reports. Its lying season.
Not getting his shoulder fixed is a mistake and bad advice. If he needs to go to another team the fact he still needs surgery will come into play in negotiations.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not getting his shoulder fixed is a mistake and bad advice. If he needs to go to another team the fact he still needs surgery will come into play in negotiations.
well yes, your right, that goes without sayin. How dumb is it that he wont get the surgery done yet? My guess he's been told by his agent to handle it this way. THAT AGENT NEEDS FIRED! He's putting the mans career at risk putting dollars over his health. That's a garbage agent if I ever seen one. DLaw is meat to these guys. Dlaw been sold a phony bill of goods by the agent is my guess.

glimmerman

Reaction score
well yes, your right, that goes without sayin. How dumb is it that he wont get the surgery done yet? My guess he's been told by his agent to handle it this way. THAT AGENT NEEDS FIRED! He's putting the mans career at risk putting dollars over his health. That's a garbage agent if I ever seen one. DLaw is meat to these guys. Dlaw been sold a phony bill of goods by the agent is my guess.
I would play on the franchise tag. He will have made 37 million in 2 years. Don’t turn down 20 million. Take it run. Lol

erod

Reaction score
I do not agree. Passrush is the name of the game. Without DLAW, ET will not change the defense. The defense will decline. We need to lock up Lawrence, sigh some more pass rushers, and then worry about safety once the DL line is in good order.

I haven't heard that we wants $80 Mil guaranteed. Big obstacle if true. But he should be getting the $20M per based on the contracts out there.
The rumor that was floating was that they did offer $20 million per year with about $50 guaranteed, but he wants a contract between Khalil Mack and Von Miller money.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I would play on the franchise tag. He will have made 37 million in 2 years. Don’t turn down 20 million. Take it run. Lol
agree all the way. Only a fool turns down that kinda money. Dlaw is no fool, but his agent gets that honor.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The rumor that was floating was that they did offer $20 million per year with about $50 guaranteed, but he wants a contract between Khalil Mack and Von Miller money.
he wont get it here in Dallas. If he wants that, he needs to sign his tender and let us trade him to a team that is willing to pay him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
agree all the way. Only a fool turns down that kinda money. Dlaw is no fool, but his agent gets that honor.
Just like bell. Turns down 14.5 million. Crazy. That’s life changing money even for a NFL player.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I have been saying thi for a while. This contract is a lot like the Dez contract. He's not a top 5 DE and wants to get paid like one. Buyer beware on this contract.

I can see the argument he is top five though, he is one of the best in run defense and effort expended. Put those attributes with his pass rush and you can definitely make the argument he is top five. Regardless, you don't let those kind of players walk when you finally have one. You surround him with other good pieces with Earl Thomas.

Verdict

Reaction score
I can see the argument he is top five though, he is one of the best in run defense and effort expended. Put those attributes with his pass rush and you can definitely make the argument he is top five. Regardless, you don't let those kind of players walk when you finally have one. You surround him with other good pieces with Earl Thomas.

Yeah. I'm with you on that. It's the Tank holding us hostage that doesn't work for me, or the Cowboys.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Theoretically by July. Practically it makes sense for the Cowboys to sign him now or move him
Maybe they’re redoing contracts and signing a few cheaper players first. I think they are going to have to come up some and agent will have to come down.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If he played offense, he would have been paid. They had no issues in making Smith, TFred, Martin the highest paid at there positions when they came up for contracts.

Martin was All Pro his first year. Played all 16 games his first 4 years, Pro Bowl every year. Never suspended.
Frederick played all 16 games his first 5 years. Pro Bowl second through 5th year. Never suspended.
Smith played all but one game his first 5 years, two time All Pro. Never suspended.

Lawrence played only 7 games his first year, only 9 his third year. Suspended 4 games.

Lawrence isn't up to the others' level, yet he wants to be paid like one of the top DEs in the NFL?

He hasn't earned that, imho. I like the guy, and he's the best DL guy on the line, but not that great...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We need to make a decision. Either pay the guy or trade him.

Waiting around isn't going to do anyone any good especially since he won't have the surgery.

He has to sign the franchise offer to be traded and delaying surgery is lowering his market value. So for now, someone has to blink first. It could go on until summer.

The Cowboys could end it now by rescinding the offer and making him a free agent, but don't appear inclined to do that...not yet anyway.

Verdict

Reaction score
Remember how happy just about all of you were last season when we tagged him instead of signing him long term? A few of us knew how dumb that was and it's going to lead to this contract being insane thanks to how some of the other guys have been paid.

Remember how the Cowboys tried to sign him and he wouldn't sign? Yeah. Me too. Good times!!

uvaballa

Reaction score
Time to pay up. They decided to wait so now you have to pay a premium. Fans want the team to wait which drives up the price and then complain when it’s time to pay the higher price.