DeMarcus Lawrence feels disrespected according to Jane Slater

lukin2006

Reaction score
Trade him. Sick of these spoiled athletes. If I'm paid what these low education clowns are, please I do not mind, disrespect me...

DBOY3141

Reaction score
When you have #1 picks like Taco waiting to emerge..

when you are looking at DE and DT as your top 2 draft picks probably..

then your deal is going to decrease.

I think the team let's him go and uses his money to solidify the Cooper, Dak and Zeke deals coming up.

plus Collins is due and who knows with Byron Jones..

It's sort of easy to see unless something changes..

Tank will be elsewhere in 2019.
so they are willing to pay a RB vs a War Daddy DE. not smart football management. way easier to find a RB than a DE.

glimmerman

Reaction score
How many teams will pay more that:
1)Won’t negate the raise with taxes
2)Have more winning potential
3)Have better weather
4)Have a better nightlife

Make a list of teams from that, then decide whether or not it’s worth uprooting to go someplace strange, lining up with strangers. Of course, many young dumb athletes with big egos will ignore details in favor of big money.
I am sure they will be pretty close to other offers. And JJ is good to his players. More than just a business to him.

keds

Reaction score
I'd be really ticked off too if my employer offered me 20 million dollars to play a game...

keds

Reaction score
What happened to Jane Slater's face... looks like her face is pumped up with botox... and the make-up looks cartoonish...

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if Lawrence really wants a chance at a superbowl he needs ot force his way out of dallas and get to a team with a good coach that will at least give him a chance at one

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
At this point, if he gets signed with the Cowboys, it means we’re overpaying for an inconsistent DE.

He has MAYBE 3 seasons left at his current level of play. I don’t think it’s worth investing 10% of the cap in his current level of play.

We definitely won’t be smart enough to trade him for any assets if we don’t sign him to a contract.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The good news is he’ll feel respected enough when he signs the big extension and shows up for camp.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As someone who wants him back, it's all relative.

If he feels disrespected because they didn't give him the largest contract every to a 4-3 DE (or give him Mack money), then he's being unrealistic.

If the team gave him an offer that was a low ball offer thinking they would get a home town discount, then that's on them.

It's hard to really know what's going on here.
You hit the nail on the head. It’s easy to sit back and point fingers without really knowing what’s going on, but for all we really know we could be pointing fingers at the wrong side. For that matter, there may not even be a side to point fingers at. These kinds of negations happen all the time across the NFL with players wanting to expand the market so they get the highest pay possible, and teams trying to keep the market from going even more nuts than it already is. It’s how business works.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The one guy that has earned his payday more than anyone and the team is unable to get a deal done:

Meh. Why do players think feeling entitled to boatloads of cash is something they should share with the world?

5 sacks the last 14 games. If he were in free agency, he would get boatloads from somebody. And that somebody would probably end up regretting that contract. I hope that somebody is not us.

Brax

Reaction score
Did they put an exclusive tag on him? I'm not sure how that process would work with a guy not currently under contract? Maybe they give him and his agent the right to negotiate a deal with other teams? But everything would have to happen quickly.
No they didn't change the FT designation, just my thinking they should. The NEFT allows negotiation with other teams and the DC have right to match offer sheet to keep him or if they decline they get 2 first round picks from that team. If he is what he thinks he is this should set the bar for him.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Probably mad because they gave the olinemen long term contracts. For some reason they aren’t committing to their top dlinemen.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lol. Wait till it’s time for the Elliot contract. SJ was blowing smoke when he said they would be paying Elliot a huge contract. He only said it so that he will play the last year of his rookie deal. Elliot was talking at years end of wanting a new contract now. Once the rookie contract is up expect the franchise tag and a possible hold out.

glimmerman

Reaction score
No they didn't change the FT designation, just my thinking they should. The NEFT allows negotiation with other teams and the DC have right to match offer sheet to keep him or if they decline they get 2 first round picks from that team. If he is what he thinks he is this should set the bar for him.
Nice, so we don’t even have to trade him to get the compensation. Just don’t match the offer. Maybe it will be a team that pick high up in the draft.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
This has been obvious for a while now.

The Witten thing might have been the very last straw.

I know if I played with my arm hanging off for an entire year while Witten did nothing and came right back in like he never left, I would be a little miffed.
As much as I agree with you on Jason Qwitten it has zero impact on D Laws contract. He just wants to get paid the most he can.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
Nice, so we don’t even have to trade him to get the compensation. Just don’t match the offer. Maybe it will be a team that pick high up in the draft.

Agreed...I don't trust this guy at all. BUT he has leverage due to Randy and D.Irving's ganja meltdowns. Sucks, but it's true.