Demarcus Lawrence I’m sorry

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Some fans owe him a apology…..he’s showing you what he is with a real dc and talent around him.
you had to ruin it when you started talking about the coach... he aint got a damn thing to do with this.

vig454

Reaction score
Well in the past seasons after getting paid he hasn't been as effective as he is now. He has OTHER key players that have stepped up . But all of them together are a scary defense.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Never got the Lawrence hate. The guy on bad defense last year was one of the leaders in NFL pressures, he stops the run with the best of them. It isn't his fault he's never had anyone around him. Guy is a monster.
I think it was his contract and that stunt he pulled when he didn't get surgery until the contract was signed. The surgery was so late that he missed a significant portion of the season and then got hurt again...and then again. People were mostly mad that he wasn't performing up to his contract and looked to be so laid back in Hard Knocks. He seemed more happy to be sitting on the sidelines with his big contract than having a desire to play.

I'm happy that he's back to being the difference maker we saw before he signed that big contract. He was obviously highly motivated after watching Parsons and Gregory feast.

Something I noticed is that having Basham, Gholston, and Armstrong getting more playing time while Gregory and D-Law were out seems to have paid dividends. DLaw and Gregory are, by far, superior at setting the edge, but the rest have improved and have gotten valuable experience.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Who cares what they pay him? The high salaries haven't hurt the team at all.

So before the last 3 games you wanted to keep DLaw next season at a $27,000,000 cap hit?

You can see him playing 17 regular season games next year?

I’m not saying cut him, I always said he has talent. But $27,000,000 against the cap?

droopdog7

Reaction score
As they said in the broadcast, Tank plays the game with violence. I know some people don’t notice but I know when he’s out there even when he’s not making the splash play. On top of that, it’s well known that tank is the leader on defense. He’s very valuable.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I have to apologize too. Sometimes I just get caught up, especially in losses and forget how talented a guy is/was. So my apologies to Tank.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dan Quinn doesn’t have a damn thing to do with this pass rush? You sure about that?
how was his pass rush in Atlanta?
Gregory was already a beast.... now he just doesnt get tested for Pot.
Micah was called , by many, the best defensive player in the draft before he ever met Dan Quinn.... was he responsible for that? Now you get Tank, Gregory and Micah all healthy and on the field together..... so unless Dan Quin was giving them physical therapy... no, he aint squat.

Gaede

Reaction score
It's what happens when ppl focus on the contract, rather than performance. DLAW has been the best player and unquestioned leader on a defense with no playmakers and bad coaches. Basically, diamond/trash.

Dlaw now getting help from Parsons, Gregory, Osa and Gallimore, is like Dak going from Allen Hurns to Amari Cooper. And we finally have a head coach that has an aggressive philosophy.