Demarcus Lawrence I’m sorry

conner01

Reaction score
Tank is great at stopping the run by setting the edge or making the tackle

hes an all around defensive end and not just a sack getter hes good at it all
He’s a very good player
And when fans look at games instead of salaries they recognize he’s very important to this team

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
how was his pass rush in Atlanta?
Gregory was already a beast.... now he just doesnt get tested for Pot.
Micah was called , by many, the best defensive player in the draft before he ever met Dan Quinn.... was he responsible for that? Now you get Tank, Gregory and Micah all healthy and on the field together..... so unless Dan Quin was giving them physical therapy... no, he aint squat.
Gregory was not always a beast. Not to me anyway…he surely wasn’t as dominate of a pass rusher as he is now. And yes Dan does get credit for Parsons as does Parsons…..because this could’ve easily failed I watched Maranelli waste alot of careers. You guys didn’t even think Woods or Chido could play…never mind all the ex defensive linemen that sucked here and went elsewhere to perform admirable. Mind you there was a brief time Maranelli had Ware, Spencer, Ratliff and Hatcher. Brief but Maranelli never got the most out of his talented players it was the practice squad level players.

Last edited:

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
As they said in the broadcast, Tank plays the game with violence. I know some people don’t notice but I know when he’s out there even when he’s not making the splash play. On top of that, it’s well known that tank is the leader on defense. He’s very valuable.

The announcer had asked Quinn about Lawrence, his reply was " Lawrence is a different kind of animal".

By the way, that Pizza Hut party Parsons had at his pad w/ Lawrence and some of the gang was pretty cool.
Youtube it...

Dang, Proof already mentioned that party above...continue on

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
It's just stupid to worry about players salaries. Dlaw just showed why. Let the FO worry about that and once they got their contracts it doesn't matter anymore anyway. You just gotta get the best out of these guys. So whenever a top earner doesn't perform I'd expect the coaches to get him back on track. You don't throw away an expensive tool that has worked well already when it's broken. You repair it.

Sammy

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of DLaw. I expressed it around here and defended him at the risk of being called a homer because I'm a Boise State fan.

Fun watching last night. John Bates and Charles Leno playing against Demarcus and LVE with a little Darian Thompson and Cedrick Wilson thrown in. I cheered for Bates and Leno to do well, but hoping the rest of the WFT did badly enough to lose.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think he means everyone had written DLaw off.

Yes, that's what I meant. It got to the point where people were just being ingrates about him. Couldn't read the threads anymore.

Can't stand it when people take it to almost a personal level because of salaries. Respect the players.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
he’s as disruptive as I’ve seen player in quite some time .

it might be Micah’s world, but Tank has established a permanent address
Tank has impressed the heck out of me. He looks like a different guy out there.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Funny, it felt at times like there were only a few of us standing behind him before he came back from his injury. His supporters need to be more vocal.
I was, I highlighted his importance against the run, not just sacks. I took heavy fire.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The announcer had asked Quinn about Lawrence, his reply was " Lawrence is a different kind of animal".

By the way, that Pizza Hut party Parsons had at his pad w/ Lawrence and some of the gang was pretty cool.
Youtube it...

Dang, Proof already mentioned that party above...continue on

You know that was a commercial, right? Teammates are not spontaneously meeting up in Pizza Hut attire and recording themselves.

Sammy

Reaction score
You know that was a commercial, right? Teammates are not spontaneously meeting up in Pizza Hut attire and recording themselves.

I'm just glad the cinnamon bun eating contest doesn't count towards game scores. Parsons is a real lightweight. I can eat 2 boxes without even realizing they're gone.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Gregory was not always a beast. Not to me anyway…he surely wasn’t as dominate of a pass rusher as he is now. And yes Dan does get credit for Parsons as does Parsons…..because this could’ve easily failed I watched Maranelli waste alot of careers. You guys didn’t even think Woods or Chido could play…never mind all the ex defensive linemen that sucked here and went elsewhere to perform admirable. Mind you there was a brief time Maranelli had Ware, Spencer, Ratliff and Hatcher. Brief but Maranelli never got the most out of his talented players it was the practice squad level players.

so I will ask again, how was his defense when he left Atlanta? If he is so good and gets te best out of avg players, they should have been pretty good.