Demarcus Lawrence I’m sorry

MyFairLady

Reaction score
D Law is a monster when he wants to be. He is basically in a contract year so this is to be expected. I just hope we can capitalize with team success.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It's great seeing an overpaid player making some plays again. Let's not forget, Cowboys Nation wanted him gone being he wasn't playing to the caliber he was before his big contract.

I'm not too excited after a few decent games. Hope, he won't/doesn't disappear again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
so I will ask again, how was his defense when he left Atlanta? If he is so good and gets te best out of avg players, they should have been pretty good.
Where did I say he gets the best out of average players? I never said that. I said that about MARANELLI. Mind you two of our starters came here FROM ATLANTA. I starting linebacker and safety.....

I don't know what your issue is with him or maybe you just want to temper the excitement? Not sure but Quinn has given this fanbase everything we've always asked for. Play our corners to their strengths. Give Quinn his due. You keep asking what did Quinn do in Atlanta like he wasn't in a Super Bowl....something none of us have sniffed in 25 years....but let's play along with your narrative that he stunk in Atlanta. The guy has adapted. Wade Phillips has been fired. He's had some bad defenses...but you think that man can't coach his *** off? You think Vic Fangio can't coach his *** off?

What I've witnessed with Quinn is that he's learned from past sin/mistakes. All off season we pondered "What type of defense will he bring in?"....many thought that Seattle or even Falcons defense. He's different. He's running far more man coverage than I've ever seen him run. His blitz packages are far better than the crap we had last year or the year before of just running Jaylon up the middle and hoping for the best.

I really hate this thing some of you fans do when some of you negate what a player or coaches does based on talent.....as if we haven't seen here first hand what talent gets you...it gets you nothing. Absolutely nothing. So I'm not going to sit here and disrespect Quinn because he has a few good players but I'll tell you prior to this season I don't remember people salivating over the acquisitions of Jayron Kearse and most here wanted the corners because they didn't think it was worth drafting a linebacker with a high pick because of how they would play them. Quinn has killed it give him his due.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's great seeing an overpaid player making some plays again. Let's not forget, Cowboys Nation wanted him gone being he wasn't playing to the caliber he was before his big contract.

I'm not too excited after a few decent games. Hope, he won't/doesn't disappear again.
He never disappeared. He was always here. The team around him got better.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Where did I say he gets the best out of average players? I never said that. I said that about MARANELLI. Mind you two of our starters came here FROM ATLANTA. I starting linebacker and safety.....

I don't know what your issue is with him or maybe you just want to temper the excitement? Not sure but Quinn has given this fanbase everything we've always asked for. Play our corners to their strengths. Give Quinn his due. You keep asking what did Quinn do in Atlanta like he wasn't in a Super Bowl....something none of us have sniffed in 25 years....but let's play along with your narrative that he stunk in Atlanta. The guy has adapted. Wade Phillips has been fired. He's had some bad defenses...but you think that man can't coach his *** off? You think Vic Fangio can't coach his *** off?

What I've witnessed with Quinn is that he's learned from past sin/mistakes. All off season we pondered "What type of defense will he bring in?"....many thought that Seattle or even Falcons defense. He's different. He's running far more man coverage than I've ever seen him run. His blitz packages are far better than the crap we had last year or the year before of just running Jaylon up the middle and hoping for the best.

I really hate this thing some of you fans do when some of you negate what a player or coaches does based on talent.....as if we haven't seen here first hand what talent gets you...it gets you nothing. Absolutely nothing. So I'm not going to sit here and disrespect Quinn because he has a few good players but I'll tell you prior to this season I don't remember people salivating over the acquisitions of Jayron Kearse and most here wanted the corners because they didn't think it was worth drafting a linebacker with a high pick because of how they would play them. Quinn has killed it give him his due.

I dont expect you to pay attention to any of my posts, but I am saying the same thing I ALWAYS say. I didnt say Quinn isnt a good coach, im just saying hes nothing special. ALL of these coaches in the NFL know what the hell they are doing. Those coaches have lived football their entire lives. They all have studied together when they are on various teams. They learn, they study tape.... they are ALL GOOD. so what I am saying is Quinn isnt doing anything different than say...... the Chargers def coordinator. The difference? The Chargers dont have Tank, Gregory, Micah, Diggs. Cmon, 2 DPOY candidates on the same team. When have you seen that before?

How many times have we seen a Bill B disciple that was a GREAT coordinator get hired as a head coach and absolutely fall on their face and get fired within 2-3 years? Why? They are the same coach, they didnt forget how to coach,.... but they simply didnt have the same players, and in the NFL that is what it comes down to. Do you think it is a coincidence that our defense is playing its absolute best the past 4 games starting in New Orleans coincides with the return of Tank and then Gregory and Galimore? Our defense is healthy and its these players that get all the credit, as they should.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many Tank hater threads I saw this year.

All of you need to humble pie!

The...creme de la creme of threads was the pronunciation that Tank would not suit up again for Dallas this year because the team always lied about injuries

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
You know that was a commercial, right? Teammates are not spontaneously meeting up in Pizza Hut attire and recording themselves.

1st, let's start with a "Dah". Yes I'm 6 years old.
I wouldn't call it a commercial @ 15 minutes in length, but it was a Pizza Hut promo.
whichever
But still enjoy watching teammates in afterhour / nongame settings - team comradery (whether sponsored, paid to do so, or whatever, still cool)
Notice the different team positions represented here, not just 1 group (DL or WRs...etc.)

https://www.nfl.com/videos/micah-parsons-hosts-mnf-pizza-hut-watch-party

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I dont expect you to pay attention to any of my posts, but I am saying the same thing I ALWAYS say. I didnt say Quinn isnt a good coach, im just saying hes nothing special. ALL of these coaches in the NFL know what the hell they are doing. Those coaches have lived football their entire lives. They all have studied together when they are on various teams. They learn, they study tape.... they are ALL GOOD. so what I am saying is Quinn isnt doing anything different than say...... the Chargers def coordinator. The difference? The Chargers dont have Tank, Gregory, Micah, Diggs. Cmon, 2 DPOY candidates on the same team. When have you seen that before?

How many times have we seen a Bill B disciple that was a GREAT coordinator get hired as a head coach and absolutely fall on their face and get fired within 2-3 years? Why? They are the same coach, they didnt forget how to coach,.... but they simply didnt have the same players, and in the NFL that is what it comes down to. Do you think it is a coincidence that our defense is playing its absolute best the past 4 games starting in New Orleans coincides with the return of Tank and then Gregory and Galimore? Our defense is healthy and its these players that get all the credit, as they should.

So your argument is that if we had Mike Nolan from last year here again....this defense would be just as good because of all the talent they have?

So let me ask you a few questions....

1. How good do you think the Chiefs defense is?
2. All of the good defenses have all good coaches its just the bad defenses have bad players on it?

TheHerd

Reaction score
He's not in a contract year and DLaw always balls out when he's on that field. Y'all just only determine he "balls out" based on sacks and I guess touchdowns lol.
That TD was pretty sweet though! And the catch might have been even better.

So the dude plays stout run D, pressures the QB even when double teamed, forces fumbles, makes splash plays, and is a leader and great teammate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That TD was pretty sweet though! And the catch might have been even better.

So the dude plays stout run D, pressures the QB even when double teamed, forces fumbles, makes splash plays, and is a leader and great teammate.
Ay man.....that's one of the most impressive pick 7's I've seen. I'm amazed at the athleticism he showed on that play. His demise has been exaggerated. The guy can play. He's overpaid sure but he's a necessary overpay. He just does things that guys don't do. You have guys who rush the passer sure. You have guys who stop the run. You have guys who guard the flats...he's just a well balanced defensive end. I'd love to find another guy like that in this draft.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
he’s as disruptive as I’ve seen player in quite some time .

it might be Micah’s world, but Tank has established a permanent address
I'm going to need you to apologize to the members of this forum that tried to tell you its bigger than sack totals.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So your argument is that if we had Mike Nolan from last year here again....this defense would be just as good because of all the talent they have?

So let me ask you a few questions....

1. How good do you think the Chiefs defense is?
2. All of the good defenses have all good coaches its just the bad defenses have bad players on it?

So lets see.... Mike Tomlin is a great coach right? But strangely right at the same time his QB needs to retire, he sucks.
Sean Peyton a HOF coach... one of the greatest minds in the game loses his HOF qb and his team sucks.

I have no desire t have this conversation, AGAIN. I stated my point of view very clearly.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It’s a different equation when he isn’t asked to be the only difference maker on the unit.

He’s now surrounded by two Defensive MVP candidates and an emerging Randy Gregory. DeMarcus is living his best football life right now.

Been saying it for a while, any good OC can plan against 1 good defender on a D-line....Tank has help now and it shows...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a different equation when he isn’t asked to be the only difference maker on the unit.

He’s now surrounded by two Defensive MVP candidates and an emerging Randy Gregory. DeMarcus is living his best football life right now.
Yep, just like when the other Demarcus had a healthy Ratliff for the OC and QB to worry about.

Lawrence, when healthy, has demanded more doubles than any DL so the opposing OC's already believe in his play.

Good player, just bad at nicknames.