Signed by Cowboys Demarcus Lawrence signed, 5 years $105 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
just looking at this deal more. its basically a 3yr deal for 55mil, Dallas can get out after the 2021 season with only 10mil deadmoney but save 14mil on the cap. At age 29 which would allow him to hit FA before 30 for another big deal.

The Cowboys arent the same Cowboys of stupid transactions.
Correct...... but it is for 3/65m not 55m

But there is no dire reason to cut him after 2021 ..... they have 2 Team Options for 20m but none guaranteed...... he could play the whole 5 years

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I'm glad he came back to Earth and signed a reasonable deal.
He may not be Khalil Mack but he's as good or better than anybody not named Mack.
Just rewatch the Tampa game.
Sack, drew an offensive holding, 2-3 big run stops, and had an impact on the play that Jaylon Smith returned the fumble for TD.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Rams stacked tight ends and wide receivers outside of the right tackle, then played inside leverage with the tackle to force Lawrence to have to go through the tight ends and receivers blocking him and the tackle. They focused on doubling and tripling him to take him out of the game.

Exactly...……….just go back and watch the formations they used and how they stacked everybody on Dlaw's side. He literally was the only guy on the d-line they were scared off.

He was basically double teamed, and even tripled team if you count chip blocks by WRs, TEs, and RBs, on dam near every play. That is called respect in this league.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm glad he came back to Earth and signed a reasonable deal.
He may not be Khalil Mack but he's as good or better than anybody not named Mack.
Just rewatch the Tampa game.
Sack, drew an offensive holding, 2-3 big run stops, and had an impact on the play that Jaylon Smith returned the fumble for TD.

Its a fair contract for both parties, the team is not over extended and the player is fairly compensated for his playing ability. It really is a win-win for everybody involved. I dont see why any Cowboys fan would be anything other than happy that this got done and got done in a reasonable way.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
There wouldn't be but you are asking the wrong question here. The question you should be asking is, why would anybody build a franchise or a league if you could not make it profitable? There is a demand for Free Chik-fil-a out there, right now as well, I'm sure of it. But, you don't see anybody going out and trying to start a business around the idea of giving it away do you?

Your idea's here are wrong because they are financially unsound and to be completely frank, it's really not about the players either. The proof is all there in front of us. During strikes, the NFL brings sub par athletes and guess what, we still tune in. The actual quality of the game has gone down in recent years and the Networks are still paying out huge TV contracts. You have horrible teams out there, better then 50% of the league, and fans still tune in. It's the League that is the foundation and not the player.

Doesn't matter, the players are not driving the league. That happens in the NBA but not in the NFL. The Franchise is the Draw in this league.
Why would anyone supply anything if there was no demand for it. That is exactly what I said. Glad we agree.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
5 years $105 million.. Good thing he didn't become an astronaut or doctor, surgeon, or some fool thing like that!!:popcorn:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Why would anyone supply anything if there was no demand for it. That is exactly what I said. Glad we agree.

That's great, but that's not what I said, as you know. Profit is why people start a business. You can accept that or not. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Have a good week.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
great, he got his $, screwed the team by putting off surgery he NEEDS and most likely won't be 100% come the opener. My thoughts, he got his stinking pay check, now he best EARN it. No more games where your looking with field glasses at the TV trying to find him, to see if he is even playing. And if it were me, and he misses a single game due to the shoulder, I'd fine him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
great, he got his $, screwed the team by putting off surgery he NEEDS and most likely won't be 100% come the opener. My thoughts, he got his stinking pay check, now he best EARN it. No more games where your looking with field glasses at the TV trying to find him, to see if he is even playing. And if it were me, and he misses a single game due to the shoulder, I'd fine him.
well they signed him so now they will coddle him and hope for the best.
I have doubts about him, dont think he will earn it, but maybe he proves me wrong.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
that is the whole point lol he couldn't, but he makes way more than someone who trains for years and has the brains to do that.
Being serious, Tank might could become a doctor, we don’t know. He’s no dummy and if he applied himself... you never know.

I do love having him as a DE for Dallas though.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
At this point what he did the last two years doesn't matter. He's being paid big bucks to play football going FORWARD. I hope his play justifies the salary.
o_O
If the last two years didn't matter, he wouldn't get paid big bucks. Don't you think.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
that is the whole point lol he couldn't, but he makes way more than someone who trains for years and has the brains to do that.

We feed the beast, though. Millions don't turn on their TVs or go to stadiums to watch those guys who train for years and have the brains to to "important" jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.