Twitter: DeMarcus Lawrence tweet image of fumble at NFL

Elusiv1

Reaction score
They had one job at rhe end and they failed miserably, now they are looking for excuses!! Give me a break Tank!!lol .Let's face it the Cowboys defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down, package that deal with our horrible secondary play that doesn't know how to turn their heads and look for the football. I won't even get into the special teams

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
i just love the all posters pretending players just need to take the bad officiating and not call it out because otherwise it makes them soft or losers lol. i guess that is what you all have to tell yourself when your spouses come home with a hickey.
Yep. When it happens to them in real life, oooh, they call it out. But not for the Cowboys.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
The thing that bothers me is we all know if the possessions was switched and it was the cowboys ballcarrier, the refs would’ve ruled it a fumble and let the auto-review process to place to get the call right. But since it wasn’t, they ruled down and said play on. Those little things is what piss us cowboy fans off.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Maybe they need to focus on how badly they were outplayed the whole game instead of a missed call.

CWR

Reaction score
It would be different if these giant game ending calls ever went our way? When was the last time that happened? Detroit in the playoffs, naw. The TE pushed Hitchens in the face before any contact.

So when the hell do we ever get the benefit of one of these calls?

NickZepp

Reaction score
We screwed up by using a timeout before that we didn't have to. And the offense didn't show up for about 3 quarters anyway. Should have gotten blown out.

Silly

Reaction score
They had one job at rhe end and they failed miserably, now they are looking for excuses!! Give me a break Tank!!lol .Let's face it the Cowboys defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down

Looked like Tank couldn't beat his man. He was always running around the tackle in a wide arc and Murry would just step into the pocket and dump off a short pass. Not much pressure from Tank.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
All year we said Big Mike's poor usage of timeouts would cost us a game or two. Here's one.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
They had one job at rhe end and they failed miserably, now they are looking for excuses!! Give me a break Tank!!lol .Let's face it the Cowboys defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down, package that deal with our horrible secondary play that doesn't know how to turn their heads and look for the football. I won't even get into the special teams

They actually did come up with a big play, that turned out to be a fumble, which very well could have decided the outcome of the game. So yes the defense should have been better on 3rd down, but at the same time you can't blame them when they actually did make a huge potential game changing play and the Refs took it away, while the NFL had the ability to check the play and didn't. When players work hard and practice hard and succeed at making big game changing plays, just for the Refs to intervene, they one can't really blame them for being frustrated.

It gets to the point where Cowboys fans have to hold our breaths after every big play the team makes, worrying about whether or not it will be called back with a flag. Which takes the enjoyment and fun out of watching Cowboys games. Some of it is the OL and others players needing to clean up on their penalties. But not every flag that has negated a Cowboys big play has been the correct call or has been a questionable one. Refs should be held accountable and players should have the right to call them out for their horrible officiating and incompetence.

With that being said, this team has a chance to shut up all of their doubters and critics in two weeks. If they can't come out playing motivated and prepared, with a win and if they can't advance past the first round of the playoffs, they deserve the criticism that they'll receive.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hell yes it was.....I had my doubts.....but after seeing that.....yup.....Screwed by the league again. That's what they do.....

Not a fumble....

FIJSVkHXoAIXLxZ

Fumble....

iu
on replay yes it is ball was LOOSE already before knee hit it would have been rules fumble..angles on still picks doesn't show when the ball was coming LOOSE not out loose before th jnee hit,,its why theyn use slomo video from many angles its whay they invented replay and yet ignored using it..what would it have hurt? the refs suck we can all agree on that..we didn't play well enough to overcome the refs like the raiders game. the OL was horrible and the real reason we lost the game..shot ourselves in the foot..

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The helmet counts as a knee fyi.

“…when a runner is contacted by an opponent and touches the ground with any part of his body other than his hands or feet. The ball is dead the instant the runner touches the ground.”

Everyone is so worried about his knees they’re not looking at the rest of his body:

QwAh2R6.jpg

He still has the ball in that moment and is down by contact

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whole team seems to be blaming the refs tonight

They do after every loss which points to the real problem in Dallas........... lack of player accountability. What play did DLAW make?

And, Dak's not in a slump..............he just not playing his best football. He saves that for the WFT and Giants.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry but don't try to bunch this play in there. That play was correctly reversed. Same thing happened where the ref was shielded from seeing the ball hit the turf except then, McCarthy had a smart enough team that didn't have to burn all their timeouts so he could challenge the play.
Oh please....the point was the league has been screwing us for years....I know it...everyone knows it. And if you didn't know...the league came out and said they botched the call in Green Bay.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

“…when a runner is contacted by an opponent and touches the ground with any part of his body other than his hands or feet. The ball is dead the instant the runner touches the ground.”

Everyone is so worried about his knees they’re not looking at the rest of his body:

QwAh2R6.jpg

Yet the ball was already moving....doesn't matter. I'll take a rematch...got 2 weeks to let this stew...

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yet the ball was already moving....doesn't matter. I'll take a rematch...got 2 weeks to let this stew...

The ball was moving just before the knees, the helmet touched way before any of that. Good thing about a rematch is it rarely goes the way the first game did. Both teams overadjust the heck out of it

Sydla

Reaction score

QwAh2R6.jpg

True on the rule but you need a better angle here. The ball is moving when his head hits the ground from the side angle.

Regardless it’s close enough to not get pissy about it. Cowboys made enough bad plays in that game that cost them the W.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I normally get annoyed at blaming refs...and refs were not *the* reason they lost

But to fight back from 22-7, get within 3 points and to make a play like that and then get screwed over by a bad call...I get it