DeMarcus Lawrence

jrumann59

Reaction score
His play from the LDE reminds me of Tolbert. Tolbert was a consistent 9-12 sack per year guy in his prime. He was not a scary guy that teams worried about but he also was on a line that was scary with Haley and Maryland.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
His play from the LDE reminds me of Tolbert. Tolbert was a consistent 9-12 sack per year guy in his prime. He was not a scary guy that teams worried about but he also was on a line that was scary with Haley and Maryland.
This old boy got 9 sacks in 6 games bro. This isn't the end of the season yet.
I feel ever so slightly confident that he's going to have a season better than Tolbert could have dreamed.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Suitors are already lining up. He leads the whole NFL.

How many "one year wonders" signed insane deals with a team in the last 4-5 years? If he finishes with 15+ sacks, or anywhere CLOSE to that, he is gonna cost a bloody fortune. He already will. A 4.5 sack average over 4 years with this year being on pace for like 25-26? Yeah, its gonna cost Jerry.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Suitors are already lining up. He leads the whole NFL.

How many "one year wonders" signed insane deals with a team in the last 4-5 years? If he finishes with 15+ sacks, or anywhere CLOSE to that, he is gonna cost a bloody fortune. He already will. A 4.5 sack average over 4 years with this year being on pace for like 25-26? Yeah, its gonna cost Jerry.

He'll be franchised tagged and will need to have another big year to get a monster contract.

He'll most likely have a big year and then round out next year with a 8-10 sack season and he'll get a more deserving contract.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The DL was exceptional with the pass rush today. Everyone got in on the act. And to me it is a no brainer to have Charlton active over Mayowa. We can cut bait with Mayowa next year which saves $2.75m against the cap.

I'd do the same. Taco hopefully has some upside. I think Mayowa has proven to be a miss.

dfense

Reaction score
What a vicious circle. You draft a DE and groom him for several years to be the "guy" to get to the QB. He battles through injuries while showing flashes of what he can be for a couple years. Then busts out and starts paying dividends in his final year.

Then you let another team come in and steal him because you're afraid to pay him. Then you start over "looking" for the next one with more high draft picks.

PAY THE MAN!

rpntex

Reaction score
I liked the group that they had active today. Ends and tackles. Maybe it was just San Francisco, but I felt they got good production from a number of players, Taco included. He still hasn't gotten that elusive first sack, but he made a few plays nonetheless.

It was different, for sure. Instead of going with a straight rotation, they leaned heavily on the combination of DLaw, Collins, Irving, and Crawford. Bringing in Taco, Price, Ash, etc., every 4th series or so.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
He'll be franchised tagged and will need to have another big year to get a monster contract.

He'll most likely have a big year and then round out next year with a 8-10 sack season and he'll get a more deserving contract.

What's the cost if that looking like today?

Corso

Reaction score

Go from this to an Ellis season? On another contract year?
You name the terms and I'll take you up on this, but it's barring injury.
This is football, after all.

Corso

Reaction score
Why do fans have such bad memories? He played in all 16 two seasons ago.
How've you been brother? Always thinking about you and giving you well-wishes.
Going to be in SA for my annual Spurs game in the beginning of March. Should you be in the area...

Last year was insane. I got there on the 3rd and the rain was so crazy, we couldn't even enter the highway to go get my favorite beef jerky in New Braunfels.
Spurs beat the Wolves in OT though... That was awesome.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was different, for sure. Instead of going with a straight rotation, they leaned heavily on the combination of DLaw, Collins, Irving, and Crawford. Bringing in Taco, Price, Ash, etc., every 4th series or so.

And they were flipping their ends too.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How've you been brother? Always thinking about you and giving you well-wishes.
Going to be in SA for my annual Spurs game in the beginning of March. Should you be in the area...

Last year was insane. I got there on the 3rd and the rain was so crazy, we couldn't even enter the highway to go get my favorite beef jerky in New Braunfels.
Spurs beat the Wolves in OT though... That was awesome.

Thank you brother, hope everything is good on your end. I'm going to be in SA to catch a game in January so I'm gonna miss you by a few months. Me and my wife were there last season for their game against the Trailblazers, we had great seats and I loved the environment so we definitely doing that again. Think you could slip a January visit out east as well?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Go from this to an Ellis season? On another contract year?
You name the terms and I'll take you up on this, but it's barring injury.
This is football, after all.

I would say that Lawrence would have a special year. He's not JJ Watt-prime or a Von Miller in terms of pas rush. Having back to back seasons with the pace he is on is rare.

Actually, I'd put him on the level of Robert Quinn - he had a big 19 sack season, but it was between two 10 sack seasons. Lawrence will get a good contract, but he'll be affordable. His injury history doesn't help him - his back will be brought up in negotiations.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Ash is playing better than Thornton was and had some really good plays today pushing guards back into Beathard too.