Demarcus Ware - perfect definition of a sack technician

terra

Reaction score
That’s not entirely true. Ware had some nice pieces around him…even lead some good defenses..Jay Ratliff, Anthony Spencer, Hatcher….
Occasionally some nice pieces. That was all. You saw in Denver what he COULD HAVE BEEN if he had been with a decent franchise. And remember in Denver he was way past his prime.

terra

Reaction score
No disrespect to his HOF career, but to me he was the perfect definition of a sack technician. Great sack totals, but not someone who disrupted offenses and made quarterbacks uncomfortable the entire game.

That's what Charles Haley was all about. That's what Micah Parsons is all about. I won't even suggest that Haley and Parsons are of the same mold or type of player. Parsons is way more athletic and Haley was just a head case. But whatever it is, they both had that instinct to get into the head space of their opponents.

I'll take that special quality 10,000 times over any sack technician.
I guess Dak Attack 09 has a brother. More threads that are too stupid to believe.

jrumann59

Reaction score
those
I think you are wrong. offenses had to account for Ware the whole game. he was the entire DL. Haley was great, but he also played on a defense with great players and much better, deeper DL. teams couldn't just account for him and try and take him out of the game. you forget we had the #1 defense, #1 pass defense. #1 rush defense in one of haley's years. that's not all because of Haley..

I think they were both great DEs, pass rushers.

I think Parsons can be the same....I think putting him at DE is going to wear him out sooner than later going heads up on RTs and RGs constantly and fighting double teams at 245.....

I would love to see a shift to 3-4 as he was rushing standing up a lot in the game anyway....and put gregory on one side and parson on the other, ala denver with ware and parsons. parsons can drop in coverage and cover TEs and obviously as shown rush the passer. put gallimore and Odiz at 3-4 DEs.....just a matter of finding a NT.....LVE and Cox/Smith(urg) can be the MLBs.....that would be a scary defense to deal with...just IMHO
90s defenses that front four was pick your poison, double haley the DTs or Tolbert got through, double the DEs and DTs got through.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Occasionally some nice pieces. That was all. You saw in Denver what he COULD HAVE BEEN if he had been with a decent franchise. And remember in Denver he was way past his prime.
Bronco's were STACKED though lol....I'd imagine if they had a Von Miller next to Ware in Dallas it would've benefited him.....but the Cowboys teams were never in position to get a Von Miller. The only time they picked high enough in the draft to get one was when Romo would get hurt.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No disrespect to his HOF career, but to me he was the perfect definition of a sack technician. Great sack totals, but not someone who disrupted offenses and made quarterbacks uncomfortable the entire game.

That's what Charles Haley was all about. That's what Micah Parsons is all about. I won't even suggest that Haley and Parsons are of the same mold or type of player. Parsons is way more athletic and Haley was just a head case. But whatever it is, they both had that instinct to get into the head space of their opponents.

Thats kinda my take on the guy. I can't think of a single career defining performance or something he did memorable........ another stat guy from this ongoing era of empty numbers.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score

Parson’s is talented, based on some of the rip moves he used this weekend you can see he really put into work what Dware told him when they met up. If we can get Ware to work with him he can be really good. To me he’s more of when Von Miller came into the league. Can lineup at any Linebacker spot and rush on 3rd downs.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Bronco's were STACKED though lol....I'd imagine if they had a Von Miller next to Ware in Dallas it would've benefited him.....but the Cowboys teams were never in position to get a Von Miller. The only time they picked high enough in the draft to get one was when Romo would get hurt.

So it sometimes helps to be really bad, instead of kinda bad. Call it being bad or tanking or whatever you like...

Blitzen

Reaction score

Haley always had to play with mediocre talent around him too. There were never any really good players on those SB defenses besides him. Ware benefited from superstars pulling attention away from his side all the time, thereby lucking into all those sacks. What a complete non game changer.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Let's all be honest though. Ware made very few big plays in big games for us. It's one thing I always said about Romo. He never once had a defensive player make a big play for him in a big game (playoff type game). It was pretty sad watching Ware go non existent when we needed a stop in the 4th quarter, then see Romo take all the blame for losing. Hopefully that changes for Dak.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
1:15 play still amazes me.

Yes, one of my favorite plays. My best friend is a Falcons fan so we would always get together and watch those matchups and there was plenty of banter. That play was awesome and had him speechless. haha I still bring it up from time to time for fun, just to give him a hard time.:D

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So it sometimes helps to be really bad, instead of kinda bad. Call it being bad or tanking or whatever you like...
In that sense it does....but its also worth noting.....guys bust every year in that top pick. You just have to hope you are bad the right year the right guy comes up lol. Because you could end up with Jadaveon Clowney.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't need to go watch Ware highlights to know what a great player he was. I'm just saying he was never consistently the disruptive gamechanger like Haley was or what Parsons appears to be. Ware mastered moves and techniques o get to the QB and did have games he "took over" in his career. But it's also true that he disappeared for long stretches and offenses could scheme up and take away his effectiveness.

The next team will not leave a Backup Tackle on #11 like that...honestly the Chargers coach is dangerously in JG territory for how that play out. Now if you see #11 beating an OT with help constantly...we can dream and hope he will be DWARE quality pass rusher. This is not to take anything away from Micah he did what he said he could do and I'm thrilled to have a talent like that.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Ware absolutely was a gamechanger. It's not his fault that Jerruh gave him little help on the rest of the defense. When he got released people were saying he was done then he goes to Denver and magically he wasn't done. Got 2 sacks in a SB and a ring...

Good for him that he escaped the disfunction to achieve some team success. While he was here though, he didn't do enough to diversify his game. Only after he went to Denver did he display a full arsenal of moves. So, I do agree that Ware could have been more dominant in his time here.

terra

Reaction score
Haley always had to play with mediocre talent around him too. There were never any really good players on those SB defenses besides him. Ware benefited from superstars pulling attention away from his side all the time, thereby lucking into all those sacks. What a complete non game changer.
this post is so divorced from reality its hard to decide what to laugh at first.

terra

Reaction score
Let's all be honest though. Ware made very few big plays in big games for us. It's one thing I always said about Romo. He never once had a defensive player make a big play for him in a big game (playoff type game). It was pretty sad watching Ware go non existent when we needed a stop in the 4th quarter, then see Romo take all the blame for losing. Hopefully that changes for Dak.
Ware got a higher percentage of his sacks in the 4th quarter but of course facts never matter, do they.