Demarcus Ware - perfect definition of a sack technician

Havic

Reaction score
What a lot of people forget about Ware was he was also an excellent run defender.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Well, when you compare HALL OF FAME players to guys who probably won't ever come close to making the Cowboys ROH, what do you expect?

Wait, wait, wait ... Ware isn't in the HOF yet .... So you still have time to try block him from going in since he "never made a play when it mattered".
:muttley:

It's sad to me that a hall of fame player only played in 4 playoff games for us. Lost 3 of them and only had 2 more sacks in those games then some guy who won't even make the ROH. Woof.

SackMaster

Reaction score
It's sad to me that a hall of fame player only played in 4 playoff games for us. Lost 3 of them and only had 2 more sacks in those games then some guy who won't even make the ROH. Woof.
Ohhhhh the injustice.

How dare a guy that is a
  • 9x Pro Bowler
  • 4x All-Pro
  • 2x NFL Sack Leader
  • Member of the NFL's All-2000s team
  • Super Bowl Champion
Be considered a HOF worthy player compared to a guy who is a
  • 2x Pro Bowler
  • .... <looks around for something else> ... <nope, that's it? Really? That's all there is?>

You are SOOOOO right. Anyone thinking Ware is the better DeMarcus is a I-D-I-O-T.

I don't know why people want to be stupid. I really don't. I REALLY like Lawrence, and outside his availability (which was never really an issue with Ware) I don't have much to complain about when it comes to DLaw. He does his job, when he is available. That's more than I can say about a lot of players that have worn the Star.

But if you are going to compare this generation's Greg Ellis (the FAIR comparison for DLaw IMO) to the closest thing we've had to Charles Haley since ..... Charles Haley himself, expect a negative response due to shear stupidity.

Just Sayin'
:thumbup:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I’m mostly just embarrassed I clicked on this thread and then proceeded to read it.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Ohhhhh the injustice.

How dare a guy that is a
  • 9x Pro Bowler
  • 4x All-Pro
  • 2x NFL Sack Leader
  • Member of the NFL's All-2000s team
  • Super Bowl Champion
Be considered a HOF worthy player compared to a guy who is a
  • 2x Pro Bowler
  • .... <looks around for something else> ... <nope, that's it? Really? That's all there is?>

You are SOOOOO right. Anyone thinking Ware is the better DeMarcus is a I-D-I-O-T.

I don't know why people want to be stupid. I really don't. I REALLY like Lawrence, and outside his availability (which was never really an issue with Ware) I don't have much to complain about when it comes to DLaw. He does his job, when he is available. That's more than I can say about a lot of players that have worn the Star.

But if you are going to compare this generation's Greg Ellis (the FAIR comparison for DLaw IMO) to the closest thing we've had to Charles Haley since ..... Charles Haley himself, expect a negative response due to shear stupidity.

Just Sayin'

It all started when I said Ware never made one big play for us in a win or go home game. You then cried and never proved me wrong.

In fact not one person has proved me wrong. They just get mad that I dont count week 2 as a big time game. Just as I'm sure Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers don't give a **** about week 2 games. You know...winners.

SackMaster

Reaction score
It all started when I said Ware never made one big play for us in a win or go home game. You then cried and never proved me wrong.
So what you are saying is as a Cowboy had had the most MEANINGLESS 117 sacks, 145 TFLs, 185 QB Hits, 35 FF, 3 Ints, 25 PDs and 2 Defensive Touchdowns in Cowboys history?
:huh:

While I would love to post the link directly, Dallas Morning News links or not allowed on CowboysZone. But if you Google "Demarcus Ware 4th quarter sacks", the link to an article from June 11, 2017 named "The nonsense must end! If you don't hold Tony Romo ..." should be pretty high on the list.

Here is a nice little excerpt from that article:
"Well, Bob, he never got big sacks. He never did much in the 4th quarter."

Wrong.

DeMarcus Ware sacks by quarter: 1st Q - 34.5; 2nd Q - 40.5; 3rd Q - 25; 4th Q - 38.5. It appears he had quite a few sacks in the 4th quarter.

In fact, in Ware's career, no player in the sport had more sacks in the 4th quarter than DeMarcus Ware. In the entire sport.

But, yeah, keep telling yourself that he disappeared at the end of games.

"Well, Bob, his sacks were on early downs. Not the important ones."

Right. Well, you might have me on this one. Over his career on 3rd downs, he actually finished 2nd in the entire sport. One sack behind Elvis Dumervil on 3rd down, 52-51. Second in the NFL.

I suppose that will have to do.
So the MOST 4th Quarter sacks in the NFL during his career.
AND THEN, the 2nd Most Sacks on 3rd Down in the NFL during his career (missing the leader by 1).

If you think I'm going to go through game-by-game, play-by-play to come up with examples to "prove you wrong", don't hold your breath.

The guy is one of the Greatest in NFL history, and somehow, you think he "never made a play when it mattered" despite all the EVIDENCE to the contrary.

I guess to you Ware was the original "Garbage Time Stats" Cowboy.
:lmao2:

SackMaster

Reaction score
In fact not one person has proved me wrong. They just get mad that I dont count week 2 as a big time game. Just as I'm sure Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers don't give a **** about week 2 games. You know...winners.
Why do you do this to yourself when it is so easily disproven?

In Ware's career he has 34.0 sacks in September, 36.5 sacks in October, 30.5 sacks in November and 31.0 sacks in December.

OMG, those 10 sack difference between "early season" vs "late season" is HUGE.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
So what you are saying is as a Cowboy had had the most MEANINGLESS 117 sacks, 145 TFLs, 185 QB Hits, 35 FF, 3 Ints, 25 PDs and 2 Defensive Touchdowns in Cowboys history?
:huh:

While I would love to post the link directly, Dallas Morning News links or not allowed on CowboysZone. But if you Google "Demarcus Ware 4th quarter sacks", the link to an article from June 11, 2017 named "The nonsense must end! If you don't hold Tony Romo ..." should be pretty high on the list.

Here is a nice little excerpt from that article:

So the MOST 4th Quarter sacks in the NFL during his career.
AND THEN, the 2nd Most Sacks on 3rd Down in the NFL during his career (missing the leader by 1).

If you think I'm going to go through game-by-game, play-by-play to come up with examples to "prove you wrong", don't hold your breath.

The guy is one of the Greatest in NFL history, and somehow, you think he "never made a play when it mattered" despite all the EVIDENCE to the contrary.

I guess to you Ware was the original "Garbage Time Stats" Cowboy.
:lmao2:

The fact that you can't say he made a big play in a go home game gives me all the credit I wanted for my original post. So I'll take that and know that I'm right and you can't do anything to say I'm wrong. I don't care what he did in week 3. Sorry that hurts your feelings. I like my players to show up in big games where a loss sends you home 8 months. Give me those guys all day over someone who disappears when needed most. You will never be able to prove me wrong on that it it annoys you. :laugh:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Why do you do this to yourself when it is so easily disproven?

In Ware's career he has 34.0 sacks in September, 36.5 sacks in October, 30.5 sacks in November and 31.0 sacks in December.

OMG, those 10 sack difference between "early season" vs "late season" is HUGE.

Show me the biggest play he made for us in the 4 playoff games or week 17 win and in games.. I'll enjoy this...:muttley:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Ware should be a Coach and all the dissing him sucks a big un

SackMaster

Reaction score
Show me the biggest play he made for us in the 4 playoff games or week 17 win and in games.. I'll enjoy this...:muttley:
I don't know if it is "best" play, but it was pretty big in his very first playoff game:

Dallas 20 Seahawks 13
4th Quarter, 8:10 on the clock
1st-&-Goal from the 1 yard line: DeMarcus Ware tackles Shawn Alexander for a 7 yard loss.
2nd-&-Goal from the 8 yard line: Incomplete pass
3rd-&-Goal from the 8 yard line: 6 yard completion
4th-&-Goal from the 2 yard line: Incomplete pass, Turn over on Downs
AND Preventing the Seahawks from potentially tying the game when they had 1st-&-Goal from the 1.

UNFORTUNATELY, the very first play of the Cowboys offensive drive following a HUGE defensive stop, spearheaded by Ware's key TFL against tthe previous year's (2005) MVP Shawn Alexander, Terry Glenn fumbles the ball and ends up giving the Seahawks D a safety. Now it is 20-15.

Of course, Seattle gets the ball back on the Safety Punt and scores a TD. Not surprising considering the D only got 2 plays off (the Fumble and Kickoff Punt) after a unbelievable stop. But at least the Dallas D stopped the 2 point conversion to keep it a 1 point game. 20-21.

Then I think we all know what happens next, Dallas dives down to just a few yards from the End Zone but end up stalling and is in position to attempt a very short kick. Yet a very slick looking ball slips through the holders hands, and despite his attempt to make something out of nothing, is stopped ~1 yard shy of the 1st Down. That in turn causes the Cowboys turn the ball over on downs with just over a minute left, and they end up losing.​

But I'm guessing since Ware did not "do anything" in the final two drives (after the Offense and ST failed to hold up their end of the deal), that just shows that you are "still right". Ware NEVER made a big play in a big game.

Oh well, no sweat off my back.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I’m mostly just embarrassed I clicked on this thread and then proceeded to read it.
You only need to be embarrassed if you brought your own agenda into this thread. My premise stands if you read it correctly.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Original.jpg

Let it flow, let it flow, let it flow. :laugh: :(

Let

TheCritic

Reaction score
A lot of you aren't smart enough to discern HOW Parsons brings a disruptive element that Ware rarely ever did. Ware was a great individual player while Parsons so far elevates the entire defense with an attitude. Ware had too nice of a personality to be that kind of player.