Video: Demarcus Ware talks clearly about why the Cowboys failed but Broncos didn't

johneric8

Reaction score
I was so happy when this loser finally left our proud franchise.
Hmmm, not sure if you're being facetious or not? I will admit to not being sad to see him go either quite honestly. I remember thinking
he didn't handle his departure very well which soured me on him a bit as a game I routed for.

johneric8

Reaction score
that's jerry's fault. he is responsible for the culture of the team, as he creates the distractions, creates the chiefs and breaks lines of authority all the time....as long as Jerry is the GM and in charge we will never win another superbowl. I have come to that realization. our ceiling is probably 2nd round of playoffs and if we get a lucky bounce the NFCCG.....and then it all deteriorates after that since Jerry will get anxious and start making his moves, meddle and ruin everything.

I almost agree with you, but Jerry proved you wrong though when he won three super bowls. I don't care if it was the 90's and over 20 years ago, the fact is, Jerry has proven he is capable.
Had Jerry been controlling, meddling, and over all a major hindrance over the last 20 years? Of course he has, but the question now is has he changed? It's easy for us fans to remain skeptical of Jones but I would argue that after all he has been through that just maybe we are going to see a changed Jerry Jones!

Lets look at the facts, He has let McCarthy have TONS of control, the whole staff has virtually been blown up, things feel different. Sure in the past it's easy to point at the coaching, lack of winning attitude from Garrett and or Wade, Campo, Gailey, ETC, but the wagon seems to circle back to Jerry no matter what, I get it. HOWEVER, this is a new day and I believe that the needle is point up at this moment so I will be grateful for that. I do want to point out I agree with you, Jerry has been bad for this team, but Garrett is a horrible head coach whom Jones really never grew to respect when it came to the product put on the field.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmm, not sure if you're being facetious or not? I will admit to not being sad to see him go either quite honestly. I remember thinking
he didn't handle his departure very well which soured me on him a bit as a game I routed for.
How did he not handle his departure well?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Having Too Many Chiefs & Not Enough Indians sums up about every work place. It's human nature.

aria

Reaction score
Or maybe, just maybe, he liked wearing it that way. He was a basketball player as well and you can't play basektball with your hat forwards..

You guys are just foolish!
Huh. interesting response, and I like yours. Cheers!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I almost agree with you, but Jerry proved you wrong though when he won three super bowls. I don't care if it was the 90's and over 20 years ago, the fact is, Jerry has proven he is capable.
Had Jerry been controlling, meddling, and over all a major hindrance over the last 20 years? Of course he has, but the question now is has he changed? It's easy for us fans to remain skeptical of Jones but I would argue that after all he has been through that just maybe we are going to see a changed Jerry Jones!

Lets look at the facts, He has let McCarthy have TONS of control, the whole staff has virtually been blown up, things feel different. Sure in the past it's easy to point at the coaching, lack of winning attitude from Garrett and or Wade, Campo, Gailey, ETC, but the wagon seems to circle back to Jerry no matter what, I get it. HOWEVER, this is a new day and I believe that the needle is point up at this moment so I will be grateful for that. I do want to point out I agree with you, Jerry has been bad for this team, but Garrett is a horrible head coach whom Jones really never grew to respect when it came to the product put on the field.
no, jerry proved me right, he won 3 superbowls over 25 years ago with Johnson, who put the team together, put the coaching staff together, put the scheme together, ran the draft.....Jones just was along for the ride until he thought he knew what he was doing and wanted credit.....then he ran Johnson out of town in the infamous firing and subsequently ran everything and ran the team to the ground.

he admitted defeat and brought parcells on board and after 2 years thought "oh, I learned, now I know" and infamously ran parcells out of town with his meddling. same with wade and garrett.

Jerry has proven without Johnson he is not capable. it has been over 25 years of failure, after failure, after failure....

you are not going to see jerry change, maybe just short term. he did the same with parcells. stayed away for 2 years and started meddling again, thus parcells quit knowing the ending was going to be ugly.

he will do the same with McCarthy....give up some control and soon, when things turn positive and he feels we are close and one thing away, then will meddle....

I don't belive he has changed, unless we see it over the next few years.

Jerry had garrett as a puppet..... garrett may have lacked, but jerry constant meddling didn't help. he runs the team like its a country club and there are no lines of authority.....

nothing has changed...unless it changes and that has to be proven. until then its business as usual with Jerry

aria

Reaction score
I'm a Cowboys fan and I like Zeke and feel that since RBs are so underpaid even the highest salary like Zekes isn't enough to hurt the team if he only lasted a couple years.
Really? So you think zeke means so much to this team that he’s worth more than a good LB, a good safety, a good 1 tech (not some washed up guye that Jerry makes headlines with). No offense but let’s get this over with.

Everyone like to brag about zeke’s stats. He would be nothing without this O line. ONE running back who has lead the league in yards for a season has won the SB in the past 20 years. 2 of the league leading RUNNING BACKS even made the playoffs last year.

Haven’t even done the research, how many top ten drafted RB’s have won a SB in the past 10 years?

johneric8

Reaction score
no, jerry proved me right, he won 3 superbowls over 25 years ago with Johnson, who put the team together, put the coaching staff together, put the scheme together, ran the draft.....Jones just was along for the ride until he thought he knew what he was doing and wanted credit.....then he ran Johnson out of town in the infamous firing and subsequently ran everything and ran the team to the ground.

he admitted defeat and brought parcells on board and after 2 years thought "oh, I learned, now I know" and infamously ran parcells out of town with his meddling. same with wade and garrett.

Jerry has proven without Johnson he is not capable. it has been over 25 years of failure, after failure, after failure....

you are not going to see jerry change, maybe just short term. he did the same with parcells. stayed away for 2 years and started meddling again, thus parcells quit knowing the ending was going to be ugly.

he will do the same with McCarthy....give up some control and soon, when things turn positive and he feels we are close and one thing away, then will meddle....

I don't belive he has changed, unless we see it over the next few years.

Jerry had garrett as a puppet..... garrett may have lacked, but jerry constant meddling didn't help. he runs the team like its a country club and there are no lines of authority.....

nothing has changed...unless it changes and that has to be proven. until then its business as usual with Jerry

This is the beautiful thing in regards to the free will the good Lord gives us because I choose to believe and hold out hope for redemption and change, and because of that I celebrate our differences of opinions. Good day my friend.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is the beautiful thing in regards to the free will the good Lord gives us because I choose to believe and hold out hope for redemption and change, and because of that I celebrate our differences of opinions. Good day my friend.
what does the good lord have to do with this?

and you can choose to believe and hold hope. we all do. but prepare to be disappointed for the 7th time in 25 years

Zordon

Reaction score
I've been talking about this for nearly a decade on here. The Cowboys never have close-knit teams. A big problem was Garrett and how he chose favorites in the locker room (Romo/Witten). Another part of the problem is Jerry and how he's created a country club culture here. Here's to McCarthy fixing this.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Really? So you think zeke means so much to this team that he’s worth more than a good LB, a good safety, a good 1 tech (not some washed up guye that Jerry makes headlines with). No offense but let’s get this over with.

Everyone like to brag about zeke’s stats. He would be nothing without this O line. ONE running back who has lead the league in yards for a season has won the SB in the past 20 years. 2 of the league leading RUNNING BACKS even made the playoffs last year.

Haven’t even done the research, how many top ten drafted RB’s have won a SB in the past 10 years?
Without Zeke Dak is unable to win. Zeke was the only reason Dallas beat Seattle in the playoffs. Zeke would be even better if he had a QB that could shoulder the load and play consistently. But your right your not going to win a SB with a very good RB. You need an top QB and thats why paying Dak is a complete waste of money and team.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
How many people are the same as they were in college?
I'm not directing this to you. But in general, it's like some people will never allow you to grow and to emerge from the mistakes of our past.
It was simply how she felt. I believed that is how she felt.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Look, I love DWare but this is nonsense.

The Broncos had a few mediocre to bad years(4-5 years in a row with less than 9 wins) then as they added some good young players at the top of drafts they also used up all available cap space going for it all when a legend at QB became available.

They had overwhelming talent. And had 4 great years, 2 Super Bowls, 1 SB win.

BUT... they have paid for it ever since.

Since the Super Bowl they have won 9, then 5, then 6,then 7 games.
All camaraderie in the world doesn't help when you lack talent.

johneric8

Reaction score
what does the good lord have to do with this?

and you can choose to believe and hold hope. we all do. but prepare to be disappointed for the 7th time in 25 years

If you're a believer the "Good Lord" gave us free will.. That is the thing I was referring to earlier that allows us to choose and believe what we want :muttley:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Please - early in Romo's career he didnt have an offensive line - he was consistently running for his life making plays out of nothing and carry the team on his shoulders - not to mention he never had a defense - he had to out score teams consistently - and lets not forget the awful HC he got stuck with

sorry Romo was one of the best QB's to play this game - do we all forget the season Romo got hurt and Garrett couldn't win one game with any of the backup QB's? Didnt we even trade for another QB and couldnt win one game with him either?

sorry they won 1 game without Romo

Romo was 3-1
Moore 0-2
Weeden 0-3
Cassel 1-6

I stopped reading right there because Cowboys fans should know better......Flozell Adams, Andre Gurode and Leonard Davis were all probowl level players and blocked for Tony early in his career.

Why this myth about Romo among die hard Cowboy fans continues to be told like an Ol Folk Tale is beyond me......

Last edited: