Video: Demarcus Ware talks clearly about why the Cowboys failed but Broncos didn't

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to work with a girl that was best friends with Romos college girlfriend. She hated the Cowboys because of Romo and how he treated people in general. Said that he literally acted like he was better than everyone else to include his girlfriend. I personally didnt care. He was my QB and I dont know him personally but I can see how a locker room can become divided with a personality like that at QB.

Most star players and especially QB's in high school, and smaller colleges which is a glorified high school. And even large colleges are this way. And includes other sports as well. The BMOC syndrome. Some mature out of it, some don't, some takes longer.

kskboys

Reaction score
If you think about Jimmy and Parcell and even Landry to a degree, they didn't care that much about what was going in players' personal lives as long as it didn't affect the standards they expected on the field.
Au contraire. Landry used to hold services for the players. He actually cared too much for the players, which got him in trouble w/ Duane Thomas.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was commentating on a game. He said sometimes he would pass when the defense was showing a running look near the goalline and Murray would question him on the sidelines and he would respond "Oh, really". He stated that all QBs should do it as it's an easy way to pad stats and get a few more touchdowns out of it.

If I have time, I'll flip through his games on NFL Game Pass and find the game he said it in.
I didn't know this, but it doesn't surprise me.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I used to work with a girl that was best friends with Romos college girlfriend. She hated the Cowboys because of Romo and how he treated people in general. Said that he literally acted like he was better than everyone else to include his girlfriend. I personally didnt care. He was my QB and I dont know him personally but I can see how a locker room can become divided with a personality like that at QB.
How many people are the same as they were in college?
I'm not directing this to you. But in general, it's like some people will never allow you to grow and to emerge from the mistakes of our past.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I can't believe guys are actually upset because Romo had the opportunity to date Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood.

Hey, single guy (insert your name), Jessica Simpson/Carrie Underwood (insert your Hollywood, musical crush) is interested in you and wants to go out on a date with you.

You: "Nah, I'm good."
Said NO ONE in the history of red-bloodied manhood! :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

kskboys

Reaction score
How many people are the same as they were in college?
I'm not directing this to you. But in general, it's like some people will never allow you to grow and to emerge from the mistakes of our past.
Let's see.....drunk? Dang, pretty close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aria

Reaction score
Why is everyone so quick to blame Zeke! Look at the history of whats happening to RBs around the league. Especially top RBs they just arent getting paid so can blame you him. Besides his 15 mil a year is a drop in the bucket compared to some of the other positions considering he touches the ball more than anyone but the center and QB. And he had almost 1800 combined yards.
Ugh....how many times do we have to go over this? So you’re admitting that RB’s aren’t worth the money with your statement and you’re also congratulating zeke’s agent for pulling the wool over Jerry’s eyes once again. So are you a Cowboys fan or a zeke fan? Based on your comment it can’t be both.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Romo's fault

Please - early in Romo's career he didnt have an offensive line - he was consistently running for his life making plays out of nothing and carry the team on his shoulders - not to mention he never had a defense - he had to out score teams consistently - and lets not forget the awful HC he got stuck with

sorry Romo was one of the best QB's to play this game - do we all forget the season Romo got hurt and Garrett couldn't win one game with any of the backup QB's? Didnt we even trade for another QB and couldnt win one game with him either?

sorry they won 1 game without Romo

Romo was 3-1
Moore 0-2
Weeden 0-3
Cassel 1-6

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Please - early in Romo's career he didnt have an offensive line - he was consistently running for his life making plays out of nothing and carry the team on his shoulders - not to mention he never had a defense - he had to out score teams consistently - and lets not forget the awful HC he got stuck with

sorry Romo was one of the best QB's to play this game - do we all forget the season Romo got hurt and Garrett couldn't win one game with any of the backup QB's? Didnt we even trade for another QB and couldnt win one game with him either?

sorry they won 1 game without Romo

Romo was 3-1
Moore 0-2
Weeden 0-3
Cassel 1-6
Romo was the biggest choke artist, a gun slinger who failed miserably and was more concerned with his own image than the team. He had a top O line during his last few years, pro bowl WR’s, a HOF TE but nooooooo....let me guess, it was all JG’s fault. JG fumbled the FG kick (that was actually Parcells fault), Romo decided to frolic in the waves with Simpson instead of preparing for the team that he lost to and that same team went on to win the SB that same year (not Romo’s fault either). It was the coaches fault when he threw FIVE INTERCEPTIONS against the Bears, right? What about when he fumbled the ball twice AND threw and INT against the Lions when the division title was on the line?

Do I need to go on? I have plenty more examples. It’s a sad, sad day when such a loser is propped up to idol status in Cowboys history after accomplishing nothing.

BTW, I’m no Dak fan boy but he went 13-3 when fragile Tony went down for the count. A 3rd round draft pick QB did more than Romo would have ever done.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I thought Romo got a little too Hollywood with the locker room. He had his guys like Witten and Miles Austin, but when I saw him on the National Enquirer with Jessica Simpson, I knew it was over. :(
Oh yeah, and he wore his hat backwards too - oh no!

BigD_95

Reaction score
Romo was the biggest choke artist, a gun slinger who failed miserably and was more concerned with his own image than the team. He had a top O line during his last few years, pro bowl WR’s, a HOF TE but nooooooo....let me guess, it was all JG’s fault. JG fumbled the FG kick (that was actually Parcells fault), Romo decided to frolic in the waves with Simpson instead of preparing for the team that he lost to and that same team went on to win the SB that same year (not Romo’s fault either). It was the coaches fault when he threw FIVE INTERCEPTIONS against the Bears, right? What about when he fumbled the ball twice AND threw and INT against the Lions when the division title was on the line?

Do I need to go on? I have plenty more examples. It’s a sad, sad day when such a loser is propped up to idol status in Cowboys history after accomplishing nothing.

BTW, I’m no Dak fan boy but he went 13-3 when fragile Tony went down for the count. A 3rd round draft pick QB did more than Romo would have ever done.

not going down this road but you are wrong

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I can't believe guys are actually upset because Romo had the opportunity to date Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood.

Hey, single guy (insert your name), Jessica Simpson/Carrie Underwood (insert your Hollywood, musical crush) is interested in you and wants to go out on a date with you.

You: "Nah, I'm good."
Said NO ONE in the history of red-bloodied manhood! :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

Right. The question is how you date both at the same time

aikemirv

Reaction score
Didn’t pay off, did it? He sure looked “cool” though, great for ratings!

Or maybe, just maybe, he liked wearing it that way. He was a basketball player as well and you can't play basektball with your hat forwards..

You guys are just foolish!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is as simple as understanding the meaning of team, not stars. The GM in DEN was smart enough to know about team to not try and be part of it. Any GM that wants to be the face of the team will fail to build a championship one.

Players either have that star concept of themselves or they are part of the team. When Parcells began to lay out the team concept, what did the star, Emmitt, of that team do? He defied him.

It is unknown whether McC will be able to build a real team in Dallas. I liked the hire and still do but any HC can only take it so far. This team has a GM that openly told his new OC to end run his HC if he got in his way. Think any of those players have ever experienced that before?

We will likely never know the extent of involvement of the GM but the previous HC knew a real team when he saw one and he knew how they were built. The inconsistency in the output of the players is the clue to the real problem. And it is still there.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Ugh....how many times do we have to go over this? So you’re admitting that RB’s aren’t worth the money with your statement and you’re also congratulating zeke’s agent for pulling the wool over Jerry’s eyes once again. So are you a Cowboys fan or a zeke fan? Based on your comment it can’t be both.
I'm a Cowboys fan and I like Zeke and feel that since RBs are so underpaid even the highest salary like Zekes isn't enough to hurt the team if he only lasted a couple years.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
If you haven't seen this it's great stuff by Demarcus ware! The video is a little long and it lags, but Demarcus goes into reasons why his Cowboys despite having all the pieces couldn't break through and get it done while the Broncos could. He alludes to the Cowboys having way too many chiefs and not nearly enough Indians. He also talks about they were more worried about stats and td's as opposed to each other. He said the Broncos would hang out together in locker room play video games, bring the family to just be around everyone during practices. He said the Cowboys lacked that team and the closeness.

Does this surprise anyone? Check the vid out, it's long and pool quality, but relevant content.

VIDEO HERE

I was so happy when this loser finally left our proud franchise.