Twitter: Denzel Perryman?

JeffInDC

Reaction score
That's the other issue. He's a thumper in the middle but if you get crap DT play, it won't matter.

This team had better figure out DT and no, Gallimore and Hill aren't the answer to this equation.

Syd, I’m hoping (and assuming) that Quinn looks at Gallimore & Hill as the current 3T rotation and that he KNOWS that the 3T position is only effective when it constantly gets a 1-on-1 matchup with the G...and, for thag to happen, he needs a REAL 1T to make the DL whole. McNeil, Shelvin, Tuituapoli(?), Brown, Tonga, Slaton...give me a double dipping of any of these.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Syd, I’m hoping (and assuming) that Quinn looks at Gallimore & Hill as the current 3T rotation and that he KNOWS that the 3T position is only effective when it constantly gets a 1-on-1 matchup with the G...and, for thag to happen, he needs a REAL 1T to make the DL whole. McNeil, Shelvin, Tuituapoli(?), Brown, Tonga, Slaton...give me a double dipping of any of these.
Although he has used a "real" 1T at Atlanta, he did switch 3T Brandon Mebane to 1T and won a Super Bowl and almost a second with him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They keep talking about it on Talking Cowboys. Nick Eatman is usually spot on.

A lot of the problems last year could be traced to when Jaylon moved outside and LVE went inside; since it looked like neither one knew which gap responsibility was theirs or somebody else's. I'm all for moving Smith anywhere he's more comfortable, so we'll see.

DRella

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can get a true MLB tackling machine, that hits hard and stuffs the run. It will do wonders for this defense. Moving Smith and LVE to the outside plays to their strengths and worked best prior to last year.

slick325

Reaction score
5'11" 240 LBS not exactly ideal size. Unless of course they go with good DT to keep OL off him.

That would make too much sense. Imagine having a legit big body that can keep his LBers clean. Novel idea in Dallas.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Perryman can be a sparkplug. That said, why do that when this draft is full of linebackers...ie KJ BRITT? Not too mention, cheaper?

DRella

Reaction score
Perryman can be a sparkplug. That said, why do that when this draft is full of linebackers...ie KJ BRITT? Not too mention, cheaper?

You sign him because he's a sure thing and a need right away. You need to decide where the value lies in FA against the draft to fix your D. I like this add. Cowboys then can focus first 3 picks in other areas on their D where holes are. Such as CB, DT, S.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can get a true MLB tackling machine, that hits hard and stuffs the run. It will do wonders for this defense. Moving Smith and LVE to the outside plays to their strengths and worked best prior to last year.
Prior to last year Jaylon was the MLB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jaylon and LVE playing on the outside is awful. They cannot read the rb in the flat and cover. They suck.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
5'11" 240 LBS not exactly ideal size. Unless of course they go with good DT to keep OL off him.
Maybe not ideal, but it's not what I would call small. Over six foot would be preferred but there have been a lot of guys that size. 240 is plenty of weight. I think Jaylon was too big lately.