Twitter: Denzel Perryman?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
That's the other issue. He's a thumper in the middle but if you get crap DT play, it won't matter.

This team had better figure out DT and no, Gallimore and Hill aren't the answer to this equation.

Too early (in their career) to say either way. But that's me.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
SAM is a good spot for Jaylon. Closer to the line, simplier assignments, and some pass rush.

He been a terrible pass rusher so I'm not sure I see the logic there. He also can't cover the TE or get off blocks (both of which the SAM is expected to do), so that doesn't really fit either. His only logical position is WILL where his job is just to chase. Unfortunately, that's also Vander Esch's only real position, too.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He been a terrible pass rusher so I'm not sure I see the logic there. He also can't cover the TE or get off blocks (both of which the SAM is expected to do), so that doesn't really fit either. His only logical position is WILL where his job is just to chase. Unfortunately, that's also Vander Esch's only real position, too.
Jaylon is an ideal SAM but they only play SAM about 15% of snaps. He can man cover TEs (the freaks excepting) and he can rush.
But you better go draft a Mike because the attempt to put LVE there fizzled badly last year.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I get that, but LVE is the returning Mike and Jaylon had his best season there. I just can’t make sense of what the Cowboys are doing at linebacker. Although to be fair, maybe they can’t either.
Put LVE at SAM, Jaclyn at WILL and draft a MIKE.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sadly I think it means we won’t be looking for Safety until the end of the draft.
Unless we strike Gold like we did with Donovan Wilson, we might be in for a long year again.lol ..I feel Wilson is a pro bowl player in the making. LOVE his confidence and energy and FB IQ. He adds a spark.

Sydla

Reaction score
Too early (in their career) to say either way. But that's me.

It’s really not considering neither is really a run stopper, real plugger.

But I get it. This is the time of the year where PJ talks about how much potential this roster has and how we don’t need to use FA to get some better players.

J-man

Reaction score
Perryman can be a sparkplug. That said, why do that when this draft is full of linebackers...ie KJ BRITT? Not too mention, cheaper?

Not that I don't agree, but teams will always try to "complete" the rooster before the draft so they aren't forced into drafting for a specific need.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not that I don't agree, but teams will always try to "complete" the rooster before the draft so they aren't forced into drafting for a specific need.

Often understated point here.

One reason the Cowboy continually have flawed rosters is that they seemingly think they can fix all holes through the draft. But if they went out and spent a little money in FA and truly filled a real hole (say sign Tomlinson at DT), they now don't have to force trying to find a DT in the draft. They can then have a bit more flexibility in what they can do in the draft.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Perryman is a decent middle of the road linebacker. Better actually than what we have on the roster.I'll take him. But I will believe it when I see us sign him.