Derek Anderson to Dallas next year???

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Per ESPN (just educated specualtion but seems pretty plausible), it appears that Derek Anderson will hit the FA arena likely next Marchish.

I think he is perfect for us. I don't think he will go to a team as a backup but they should at least ask.

I'd say SF, MN, or ??Miami could be in play so most likely we don't get a chance.

But this is the idea of what kind of QB we need. That is unless they really think Bollinger will be ready.

So is Bollinger going to keep the bus on the road and get to where we want to go or do we need to go out there and get a 'Derek Anderson'?

Boysboy

Reaction score
jobberone;2456940 said:
Per ESPN (just educated specualtion but seems pretty plausible), it appears that Derek Anderson will hit the FA arena likely next Marchish.

I think he is perfect for us. I don't think he will go to a team as a backup but they should at least ask.

I'd say SF, MN, or ??Miami could be in play so most likely we don't get a chance.

But this is the idea of what kind of QB we need. That is unless they really think Bollinger will be ready.

So is Bollinger going to keep the bus on the road and get to where we want to go or do we need to go out there and get a 'Derek Anderson'?

The title of your thread is misleading...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know. Though he has a season ending injury I think some teams will offer him not only starter money but actually a starting job. And correct me if i'm wrong but if a team picks up Anderson doesn't that team have to give up something in return? I thought I heard about a 2nd or 3rd rounder? No way Cowboys do that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
rocyaice;2456944 said:
I don't know. Though he has a season ending injury I think some teams will offer him not only starter money but actually a starting job. And correct me if i'm wrong but if a team picks up Anderson doesn't that team have to give up something in return? I thought I heard about a 2nd or 3rd rounder? No way Cowboys do that.

It depends. I heard he would not be offered a contract although I hardly would take that to the bank. And that he would end up a FA. I didn't look into his contract with Cleveland but took it on faith they knew what they were talking about.

I personally don't think he would want to come to Dallas. I would think he would want to be a starter. My issue with Dallas is if TB and GB can get a reasonably starting ability backup QB or two why can't we. With a SB caliber team it is culpable not to have a decent backup QB.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Derek could easily start in Minnesota

the bottom fell out for him this year because Jamal Lewis isn't as good as he was last year, he'll have AD to help him out in Minny

Eskimo

Reaction score
I don't think he is tarnished enough to require the rehab of a stint in Dallas as a backup. He will look for a high paying job as a starter - possibly Minnesota, Chicago, Tampa, etc. Lots of other places for him to go.

We need a guy who has the tools but has not had the coaching to succeed. Preferrably someone's QB of the future who has failed as a starter so he has a fair amount of QB experience.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
We need a relic as QB to not threaten Romos job safety. I never know with you guys. Around week 4 everyone was sharpening their 'stab romo in the back' knives.

burmafrd

Reaction score
DA is not that good. Of course one has to admit that with the way Winslow and Edwards dropped passes maybe its not all on DA. He had a real good stretch midseason last year that got him to the Pro Bowl but he faded then has looked pretty lousy this year (but then so has the whole team).
He wants to be a starter so there is NO chance he comes here.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dan Orlovsky is a better backup and fit a budget here

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I would really like for him to come play for the cowboys as a backup but he could find other places where he can get more $ and be a starter. So unless he falls off the stairs and breaks some bones and wont be ready until after training camp, I don't see him coming to play for the cowboys. Although you never know it could happen, I mean look at the giants WR shooting himself :lmao:.

Section446

Reaction score
Very unlikely, but you'd be crazy to say no after watching Johnson.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Maybe the Jets will be his landing ground, Favre can't play forever.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Aikbach;2456997 said:
Maybe the Jets will be his landing ground, Favre can't play forever.

He's got at least two or three good retirements left in him.:)

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2456953 said:
We need a relic as QB to not threaten Romos job safety. I never know with you guys. Around week 4 everyone was sharpening their 'stab romo in the back' knives.

lol... your so right

Chuck 54

Reaction score
With all the teams that need starting QBs, I don't see us being able to pick up a starting caliber guy like Anderson as our backup. Minnesota will make a serious run at a guy like Anderson or McNabb, and there are other teams that need starters as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us with Bollinger as our #2 and drafting a #3.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Like most have already mentioned, he'll go somewhere where he can start.

I say we make a push for Losman. Not great as a starter, but has the tools to be a good backup. Just my $.02.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
jobberone;2456940 said:

I thought he signed a long term deal last year--right?