Derek Anderson to Dallas next year???

silver

Reaction score
nyc;2457090 said:
I bet we draft a QB next year.

we should. and we also need to bring a vet to battle it out with Bollinger for the backup spot.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The next name on the Nors "we don't need him agenda" is John Beck. It will threaten his Dan Orlovsky plans.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hailmary;2457043 said:
Like most have already mentioned, he'll go somewhere where he can start.

I say we make a push for Losman. Not great as a starter, but has the tools to be a good backup. Just my $.02.

Hadn't thought about him. Is he leaving Buffalo?

Hostile;2457101 said:
The next name on the Nors "we don't need him agenda" is John Beck. It will threaten his Dan Orlovsky plans.

I know that's in the plans. I just wondered if we could rent a vet for a year and have him and Beck competing initially with Bollinger for the #2 and #3. Beck's not here yet though. But he's closer to here than a 'Derek Anderson' kind of guy.

I was looking for a another 'Beck'. I just don't follow FAs that well.

I don't ever want to see another Brad Johnson problem on a contending club.

BTW, how is Beck getting here. Trade?

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
i am hoping we get a Beck or someone that falls to the 3rd to 5th round to groom. If McCoy comes out early i think he will probally fall. Bring Vick in to play the Wildcat....:eek: J/K

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2457045 said:
I thought he signed a long term deal last year--right?

Actually I thought it was just a three year deal.. But if memory serves correctly it was for $6 mil per year or something in that neighborhood.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I would like to grab a somewhat mobile QB. Not another statue.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy;2457126 said:
Actually I thought it was just a three year deal.. But if memory serves correctly it was for $6 mil per year or something in that neighborhood.

Derek Anderson was signed to a 3 year, $24 million deal (14.5 of it guaranteed)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jobberone;2457118 said:
I know that's in the plans. I just wondered if we could rent a vet for a year and have him and Beck competing initially with Bollinger for the #2 and #3. Beck's not here yet though. But he's closer to here than a 'Derek Anderson' kind of guy.

I was looking for a another 'Beck'. I just don't follow FAs that well.

I don't ever want to see another Brad Johnson problem on a contending club.

BTW, how is Beck getting here. Trade?
Trade is the likely scenario. Both sides were interested twice, but timing was in the way.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2457136 said:
Derek Anderson was signed to a 3 year, $24 million deal (14.5 of it guaranteed)

I'm getting around 13mil but apparently the contract isn't a back breaker for the Browns and there are outs. I don't know where to look at player contracts. Of course the guy who is reporting him probably being gone next year may not know what the hell he was talking about either.

Either way I don't see him here. I would love to have someone like him though. Maybe Beck is the right guy. I really don't remember seeing Beck play. Hos is the Beck expert.

Let's ask him.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
jobberone;2457154 said:
I'm getting around 13mil but apparently the contract isn't a back breaker for the Browns and there are outs. I don't know where to look at player contracts. Of course the guy who is reporting him probably being gone next year may not know what the hell he was talking about either.

Either way I don't see him here. I would love to have someone like him though. Maybe Beck is the right guy. I really don't remember seeing Beck play. Hos is the Beck expert.

Let's ask him.

yeah i don't think the Browns are worried about it either. i just found it hard they gave him that with Quinn there..... and we should

so how is he Hos?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
No way Anderson would come here to sit the bench. SF, Seattle, Minn, Chi, TB, STL, Det, etc would be better for him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2457157 said:
yeah i don't think the Browns are worried about it either. i just found it hard they gave him that with Quinn there..... and we should

so how is he Hos?
I like Beck. Of course I admit to bias. He is an Arizona kid and I have a friend who knows him so I might get some inside scoops.

He is a smart QB with a big arm who played for a lousy team in 2007 so his stats do not look so good.

Parcells does not like him because the previous regime drafted him. There is not other real reason. Parcells is quirky like that sometimes.

I think he is a perfect backup option to Tony who would have won 2 of 3 instead of 1 of 3 as Brad did. I doubt he'd beat the Giants.

He could develop and be traded for picks and I am always greedy about that.

Here's a highlight video of him in college. Notice the mobility and the arm. You will also see him making progression reads. BYU's Offense is similar to Garrett's. Not exactly alike, but similar.

[youtube]NCgH6sTEeP8[/youtube]

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If I was Derek Anderson I would roll the dice and come play for Dallas knowing that im one hit away from being one of the more popular players in the league.

If I couldn't go to Minny I wouldn't go to another team thats going to put me in a position to fail.

The Detroits, and San Frans of the world are just not where you want to be.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2457167 said:
I like Beck. Of course I admit to bias. He is an Arizona kid and I have a friend who knows him so I might get some inside scoops.

He is a smart QB with a big arm who played for a lousy team in 2007 so his stats do not look so good.

Parcells does not like him because the previous regime drafted him. There is not other real reason. Parcells is quirky like that sometimes.

I think he is a perfect backup option to Tony who would have won 2 of 3 instead of 1 of 3 as Brad did. I doubt he'd beat the Giants.

Here's a highlight video of him in college. Notice the mobility and the arm. You will also see him making progression reads. BYU's Offense is similar to Garrett's. Not exactly alike, but similar.

good. i knew a little about him and heard good things. just never seen him play. maybe he can turn out like another BYU QB

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2457167 said:

He looks like Tony. That's why Parcells doesn't like him. Too much gunslinger in him for Bill. I like him. He's got courage and he looks like he refuses to lose. Bring him on.

CATCH17;2457177 said:
If I was Derek Anderson I would roll the dice and come play for Dallas knowing that im one hit away from being one of the more popular players in the league.

If I couldn't go to Minny I wouldn't go to another team thats going to put me in a position to fail.

The Detroits, and San Frans of the world are just not where you want to be.

I'd go to SF if I thought I'd play. They will recover (unfortunately) under Singletary who looks to have control of that team. Detroit is purgatory.