Derrick Henry

Big_D

Reaction score
Don’t envy the front office this year when it comes to agreeing or disagreeing to terms like you just detailed.

I’d love to get the fourth rounder but moving out of the 2nd to do it is bold. I don’t see them whiffing on the first selection this year as quality lineman should be in play at 24. Our 2nd selection may weigh heavily into the success/failure of this draft class.

What ever direction they go, they have to hit on the 2nd pick.

They definitely have to hit that pick. I don't want to see an injured player who dropped or a head case that every other team is uninterested in. They need to be smart there.

MikeT22

Reaction score
This is funny when they’re about to extend their 30 year old QB to a record breaking deal. People cry about Henry yet clamor for guys like Stefon Diggs, Jamal Adams, Deandre Hopkins it’s a long list.

How young were the RBs last year? Cause age doesn’t seem to matter around here good or bad. I used to be part of the no players over 30 crowd but it simply doesn’t matter at this point. This team is in a constant state of trying to compete and free agency keeps you from building long term.
Only some fans who see a big name, the former shiny object. All fan bases have these types.

Big_D

Reaction score
Only some fans who see a big name, the former shiny object. All fan bases have these types.
I agree. Everyone has their moments. I’m guilty of it sometimes and Henry is one of those times. There’s actually a long list of players over the years I would’ve welcomed to Dallas.

Big_D

Reaction score
yeah, once DH is gone, there are no more. All hope is lost. Let's just shut down the NFL.
Hes 10 TDs away from top 8 all time. That’s not easy to find. The Cowboys will have to churn through probably 25 RBs before they find anyone capable of being even close to that type of production .Did you mean this year? lol I’m sure that guy is out there!

conner01

Reaction score
Would Henry sign for 3 mil for a one year deal...hell no, then not paying big money for a 30 year old running back....
What do you consider big money? I don’t think he’s gonna get big money at his age though I don’t think he’d sign a one year deal either

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Hes 10 TDs away from top 8 all time. That’s not easy to find. The Cowboys will have to churn through probably 25 RBs before they find anyone capable of being even close to that type of production .Did you mean this year? lol I’m sure that guy is out there!
All of those TDs have happened already.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
At the right price, but I would still draft another RB in rounds 2-4 to back him up.

GINeric

Reaction score
no team stays that healthy so that is a false flag

Well that lack of health affects the overall play of that offensive or defensive unit. So that's very much a TRUE flag.

I know real life facts hurt the agendas of those who are trying to paint a "false flag" picture.....

But the truth is the truth. That's why those important facts are always conveniently left out of the equation.

It's not an accident.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Everyone is screaming to go all in. Jerry even said it but I’m pretty sure he was talking about signing his own free agents. But regardless, signing Henry would be a legitimate “all in” move.
I'm still not hanging around for a 30+ Running Back and leading the Cowboys to any kind of championship run from that point. That kind of value worked once in the NFL as a trade bait to get a roster of value back around 1990.

Not since. Start in the draft or stay at home.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm still not hanging around for a 30+ Running Back and leading the Cowboys to any kind of championship run from that point. That kind of value worked once in the NFL as a trade bait to get a roster of value back around 1990.

Not since. Start in the draft or stay at home.
Yeah it would have to be a 1 or 2 year deal max.

1942willys

Reaction score
Well that lack of health affects the overall play of that offensive or defensive unit. So that's very much a TRUE flag.

I know real life facts hurt the agendas of those who are trying to paint a "false flag" picture.....

But the truth is the truth. That's why those important facts are always conveniently left out of the equation.

It's not an accident.
your opinion is not truth
Every team has injuries every year; now that IS A FACT
Its how you deal with them that is the difference
its just another crutch; blaming injuries

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Maybe because he was like all time great before, but he was still 4.2 yards per carry and 12 TDs. He hasn't scored less than 10 TDs since 2017. If I can get him for 1 year maybe two for reasonably cheap I'm doing that.
I agree , Henry was also running against 8 and 10 man fronts.He would be a beast, in this offense with the other weapons , Dallas has.