Derrick Henry

Big_D

Reaction score
That's the name I keep falling in love with, if we got Allen ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my gosh!!! Stick it to the eagles and get swift, oh my my my lol

Do they trade back in the 2nd, cause he's gone by the 3rd? So it should be interesting. That would be a solid RB to add to this offense!

Mr_437

Reaction score
We just had a 1000 yard rusher! LOL And I don't currently see the team making sweeping changes on the line? do you see that? Same coaches, same players except for possibly 2 guys. But I'm sure it will all be fixed by September?!! Hey I wonder if they know that they just have to fix the scheme??? I don't think they got the memo...
They don't have fix anything, heck they can chunk it around the yard all game for all I care. BAL, SF and DET made it to the conference finals with a good blocking scheme; meanwhile, Dallas got bounced at home in the WC game.

They know they need to fix the run because McCarthy said so in the post season new conference. Why they haven't made a change, who knows those guys have relationships, but it doesn't change the truth.

Big_D

Reaction score
They don't have fix anything, heck they can chunk it around the yard all game for all I care. BAL, SF and DET made it to the conference finals with a good blocking scheme; meanwhile, Dallas got bounced at home in the WC game.

They know they need to fix the run because McCarthy said so in the post season new conference. Why they haven't made a change, who knows those guys have relationships, but it doesn't change the truth.

Even with those changes, which I'm not disagreeing with, you know this offense needs to do better than just any RB. Some seem under the impression that you can draft a guy 5th or later (since they don't have a 4th) and still be fine. Even a 3rd.. we'll see how that goes since that is the likely spot at the moment.

I think they can fix the line, sign Henry AND draft a guy. All of the above are possible without breaking the bank. Then I can see an offense that could be a force in the playoffs!

Big_D

Reaction score
Of course. He gets prolly more carries than any RB in the league. Gotta look at all the stats, not just one.

He's still top 3. You make it sound like he's at the bottom of the list. Him and a draftee would be a good combination here.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do they trade back in the 2nd, cause he's gone by the 3rd? So it should be interesting. That would be a solid RB to add to this offense!
that kid is 6'2 245 and runs a 4.40!!!!! Talk about getting derrick Henry!!! If we do that, we're using next years draft picks or our 3rd, I really don't want to do that

Bowdown27

Reaction score
We need a vet rb. We can’t go just young with draft picks. We should get one early on but we need a vet as well. I’d rather Jacob’s or Barkley because of age but Henry would be a game changer. I feel Barkley could flourish because of all the weapons we have. Possibly stop him from being injured.

Big_D

Reaction score
We need a vet rb. We can’t go just young with draft picks. We should get one early on but we need a vet as well. I’d rather Jacob’s or Barkley because of age but Henry would be a game changer. I feel Barkley could flourish because of all the weapons we have. Possibly stop him from being injured.

I will say that what they decide will be very interesting. Barkley and Jacobs will cost more than Henry. Will the Cowboys be interested in any of them? or any other high to mid FA? Will they just wait until the draft and then decide to go dumpster diving to find a vet afterwards? You just don't know with this team.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That's the name I keep falling in love with, if we got Allen ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my gosh!!! Stick it to the eagles and get swift, oh my my my lol
If Swift does not play for Philadelphia next season it will be because some other team thinks he’s worth more than they’re willing to pay him. Unless a team sees him as a significant piece in their offense they’re not likely to make him some big offer. Detroit felt they did not need him or he wasn’t worth what he was being paid. The Eagles might feel the same way.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Swift does not play for Philadelphia next season it will be because some other team thinks he’s worth more than they’re willing to pay him. Unless a team sees him as a significant piece in their offense they’re not likely to make him some big offer. Detroit felt they did not need him or he wasn’t worth what he was being paid. The Eagles might feel the same way.
I can't see him being a Philly kid coming to dallas, but hey!! I hear ya though! Kind of the way I feel about pollard

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He was the #2 RB this year in converting 1st downs, #3 the year before that not counting QBs. That's on the crappiest of offenses with the worst Oline in football on top of it.
Also tops in the NFL in facing eight men in the box. Pollard was near the bottom. Had a better season than Pollard with no support or threats around him.

Big_D

Reaction score
Also tops in the NFL in facing eight men in the box. Pollard was near the bottom. Had a better season than Pollard with no support or threats around him.

I would be thrilled to see him in this offense with actual playmakers. The Titans were terrible. He was the guy and everyone knew it, and he still put up big numbers.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Henry had a significant drop in performance this season. Unless it's a 1-2 year incentive laden performance deal. No thanks
Maybe because he was like all time great before, but he was still 4.2 yards per carry and 12 TDs. He hasn't scored less than 10 TDs since 2017. If I can get him for 1 year maybe two for reasonably cheap I'm doing that.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Nope. Not moving into the 2nd for him or any back. I’d wager he’s still there in the 3rd.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO. The answer hasn't changed. Don't pay 30 year old RB's. Put the money into the OL and draft a RB.
I think Derrick Henry still has something in the tank but I think he’s a ticking clock winding down and RBs over 30 can drop like a rock in ability. He’s going to cost too much IMO. Reminds me a little of the situation Dallas had years ago with Eddie George. A once great back who just stopped being effective because of use and age.

Big_D

Reaction score
Nope. Not moving into the 2nd for him or any back. I’d wager he’s still there in the 3rd.
Trade back. Move out of the 2nd, grab an early 3rd and an early 4th.

Example NE gets 56

Cowboys get 68 and 104

And they would still hang on to 87.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Trade back. Move out of the 2nd, grab an early 3rd and an early 4th.

Example NE gets 56

Cowboys get 68 and 104

And they would still hang on to 87.
Don’t envy the front office this year when it comes to agreeing or disagreeing to terms like you just detailed.

I’d love to get the fourth rounder but moving out of the 2nd to do it is bold. I don’t see them whiffing on the first selection this year as quality lineman should be in play at 24. Our 2nd selection may weigh heavily into the success/failure of this draft class.

What ever direction they go, they have to hit on the 2nd pick.