Derrick Henry

1942willys

Reaction score
And until this season, the last 3 years, the offensive line hadn't played together due to injury. It's amazing how this fact gets conveniently left out.

It's incredible what we've been able to do with interchanging offensive line parts up until this year, huh. We definitely don't have an elite quarterback, but it's impressive that he was able to become 2nd team All Pro WITHOUT a functioning running game.

Again our qb isn't elite, but what's our record look like without him and a weak run game? What, 6 or 7 wins if we're lucky? Exactly.
no team stays that healthy so that is a false flag

kskboys

Reaction score
Draft a new center and offensive tackle, sign Henry to a 2 year deal ,14 million guaranteed. Draft Bralon Allen rb Wisconsin in the 3rd round ,and all the sudden Dallas has a running game.
You think Allen will last to the 3rd? Why?

kskboys

Reaction score
He had 12 TDs on a crap offense. 6 straight years of double digits... what is he exactly?

This is the one 30 year old I'm willing to take a chance on. He's on another planet. Don't let him end up in Baltimore. This is a great opportunity to finally take pressure off the QB. AND they can still draft a RB.

Derrick Henry has an unbelievable 20 plays with 50 yards or more

14 plays of 60 yards or more

7 plays of 70 yards or more

10 TDs scored 60 yards or more

99 yard TD run --Jax 2018
94 yard TD run --Hou 2020
76 yard TD run --Buff 2021
75 yard TD run --Hou 2017
75 yard TD catch --Cle 2019
74 yard TD run --Jax 2019
72 yard TD run --Indy 2017
69 yard run --Jax 2024
69 yard catch --Cin 2922
68 yard TD run --KC 2019
66 yard run ---BAL 2020 Playoffs
66 yard TD catch ---Jax 2017
63 yard run --BAL 2023
60 yard TD run --Sea 2021
56 yard run ---KC 2022
54 yard TD run ---Jax 2018
53 yard TD run ---Hou 2019
53 yard catch ----Hou 2020
52 yard TD run ---Hou 2021
50 yard run ---Jax 2022
A great openfield runner and a poor short yardage back.

Your post was great in proving what I said!!!!!!!!!!!!

1942willys

Reaction score
Derick Henry is one of those physical freaks who is also a great player
there are some who are exceptions to the rule and he is one of them

The lazy people who say that you do not pay 30 year old rbs like its written on stone tablets by the finger of god never get that

Big_D

Reaction score
A great openfield runner and a poor short yardage back.

Your post was great in proving what I said!!!!!!!!!!!!

So those aren't numbers you take a chance on? We haven't had a guy break a long run in about a decade but yet were clamoring for a short yardage back. LOL You gotta be kidding!

kskboys

Reaction score
So those aren't numbers you take a chance on? We haven't had a guy break a long run in about a decade but yet were clamoring for a short yardage back. LOL You gotta be kidding!
Don't know what you're trying to say here.

I don't mind Henry, just not for a lot. Long runs by a RB are not what wins, chain moving RB's are what wins.

Big_D

Reaction score

I don't mind Henry, just not for a lot. Long runs by a RB are not what wins, chain moving RB's are what wins.

It didn't win a dam thing with Elliott here. I'm saying that you're looking at the most ridiculous numbers put up by a RB in a long time and still trying to spin that into a negative. TDs win games..and this guy breaking long ones when the D is winded is a back breaker. Specially with quality weapons in place.

1942willys

Reaction score

if he can wear down a D that is a BIG thing

kskboys

Reaction score
It didn't win a dam thing with Elliott here. I'm saying that you're looking at the most ridiculous numbers put up by a RB in a long time and still trying to spin that it into a negative. TDs win games..and this guy breaking long ones when the D is winded is a back breaker. Specially with quality weapons in place.
Actually, spinning is what you're doing. I'm simply pointing out the glaring flaw w/ Henry.

And a much much bigger back breaker is long drives. That's what kills the opposing D and keeps yours fresh.

So, who are all these long threat RB's who are winning super bowls?

1942willys

Reaction score
Actually, spinning is what you're doing. I'm simply pointing out the glaring flaw w/ Henry.

And a much much bigger back breaker is long drives. That's what kills the opposing D and keeps yours fresh.

What henry can do to both wear down a D and also take advantage of that tired D is what makes him a possible as long as he is not that expensive
You don't want him that is fine but do not reach for rather ridiculous reasons

Sydla

Reaction score
NO. The answer hasn't changed. Don't pay 30 year old RB's. Put the money into the OL and draft a RB.
Again it depends on the cost. Shutting out a TB like Henry because he's over 30 is silly if the guy can still play and Henry can.

No, you don't give a guy like that 4 years, but let's say the market for him isn't great and you can get him for like 1 one year, $5-6MM? You probably entertain that.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I like Henry a lot but don’t like the fit for our situation.

First, too expensive for our position. Second, he’s not tailored to our offense. Henry requires volume carries. He’s a long strider, and effective when he gets to speed which does not happen quickly. An offense with him needs to be RB centric and accept a bunch of one and two yard carries before he busts one. This team is not that patient - we’re just not built that way.

kskboys

Reaction score
Again it depends on the cost. Shutting out a TB like Henry because he's over 30 is silly if the guy can still play and Henry can.

No, you don't give a guy like that 4 years, but let's say the market for him isn't great and you can get him for like 1 one year, $5-6MM? You probably entertain that.
Oh, absolutely, that's the number I would pay him.

kskboys

Reaction score
What henry can do to both wear down a D and also take advantage of that tired D is what makes him a possible as long as he is not that expensive
You don't want him that is fine but do not reach for rather ridiculous reasons
What's this ridiculous splatter you're throwing? I think you're better than that.

I don't mind him if we any clue how to use him. He needs the ball in space, period. He needs to be the comp back.

The problem is, he's strictly an openfield runner. That's not how you wear down a D.

You need to do some research or watch more games or something to keep from sounding so inane.

Big_D

Reaction score

He was the #2 RB this year in converting 1st downs, #3 the year before that not counting QBs. That's on the crappiest of offenses with the worst Oline in football on top of it.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was the #2 RB this year in converting 1st downs, #3 the year before that not counting QBs. That's on the crappiest of offenses with the worst Oline in football on top of it.
Of course. He gets prolly more carries than any RB in the league. Gotta look at all the stats, not just one.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Until you get some blocking, the only RB that will be successful is a cloned Barry Sanders.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yet Kyle Shanahan went out and paid a RB top dollar. I think this talk of blocking schemes is very overblown considering we won’t see a huge change here. Yet people talk like we’re getting 5 new guys up front who will suddenly block like they’re the 98 Broncos. Then any RB will simply do the trick. Seems like very wishful thanking around here.
Kyle had multiple 1,000 yard rushers, and just because he paid ONE doesn't change the fact he had multiples. Blocking scheme is overblown because McCarthy hasn't changed the scheme? If it's broke, don't fix it, and expect it to get better...genius concept. Weird take from you, seems like you lack knowledge of how the run game works...sit this one out, buddy.

Big_D

Reaction score
Kyle had multiple 1,000 yard rushers, and just because he paid ONE doesn't change the fact he had multiples. Blocking scheme is overblown because McCarthy hasn't changed the scheme? If it's broke, don't fix it, and expect it to get better...genius concept. Weird take from you, seems like you lack knowledge of how the run game works...sit this one out, buddy.

We just had a 1000 yard rusher! LOL And I don't currently see the team making sweeping changes on the line? do you see that? Same coaches, same players except for possibly 2 guys. But I'm sure it will all be fixed by September?!! Hey I wonder if they know that they just have to fix the scheme??? I don't think they got the memo...