Desperate situation, what play do you call?

catiii

Reaction score
Last game of the season. If you win this game, you go to the playoffs. If you lose, you go home. You're down by 2 points. You have the ball on your own 1 yard line. It's 4th and 10, and there's only 1 second left in the 4th quarter. It's a desperate situation, but you do have one play left to try to win. What play do you call? I'll give you mine, and you can give yours.

I try a quick, high-percentage slant route, and then a bunch of laterals to see if we can pull off a miracle like that Stanford Band play.
Well if you're Dak, you throw it into the ground and behind the RB going around the end and down the sideline wide open.

JayFord

Reaction score
what play could you call other than throw it short and lateral it the rest of the way

JayFord

Reaction score
these threads are so much better than news and tweets from the star..i mean just so much more meaningful.... :facepalm: :rolleyes:

But hey Moore showed me its best to send in zeke as a center and line up all spread out and this should win the game.
I'll take these threads over the ones ive seen that make me wonder why some people are even allowed to log in here

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I would have Dak throw of 4 yard crossing pattern where the wide receiver slides to catch the ball totally fakes everyone out, gets up and hauls *** into the end zone.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last game of the season. If you win this game, you go to the playoffs. If you lose, you go home. You're down by 2 points. You have the ball on your own 1 yard line. It's 4th and 10, and there's only 1 second left in the 4th quarter. It's a desperate situation, but you do have one play left to try to win. What play do you call? I'll give you mine, and you can give yours.

I try a quick, high-percentage slant route, and then a bunch of laterals to see if we can pull off a miracle like that Stanford Band play.
QB draw as we have done before with awesome results........ :muttley:

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
A series of laterals works sometimes from mid field or atleast around 35 yard line. Difficult to work from 1 yard line, so we need to get creative, have vaugn and turpin as WRs and send in all the TEs for blocking , with swift OL also , throw short slant and have blockers infront to cordon off that side and hope the catcher breaks one through.

Low % play sure .

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Rb at center and everyone else scattered along the line of scrimmage.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll take these threads over the ones ive seen that make me wonder why some people are even allowed to log in here
tenor.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

What you just described is about the only chance you have to pull off a miracle. You have to run a pass play that involves a bunch of laterals and hope someone can break free. A short, high percentage pass, then start tossing the ball around with laterals. I would try tossing one laterally across the field. You have all the defenders going one way, then toss it across the field to one of your fastest players.

conner01

Reaction score
This hypothetical is a bit extreme. Down on your own 1 with 1 second left. At that point I just throw up a Hail Mary and hope to get a tip and get lucky. The backward passing in that situation is just annoying. Lose with some dignity.
Remember a few years back I think it was chiefs. Sent everyone deep and threw underneath to hill I believe
I think that’s really the only shot. Get a guy underneath with return skills that can find a seam. Too far for a Hail Mary unless there’s a PI and you get another play
99% chance nothing works though lol

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Since it’s all for show anyway, how about a fake QB scramble that turns into a double reverse to the strongest arm on the team, before a Hail Mary back to the QB downfield? Maybe the backfield action can bait some of the deep defenders to come up.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I give the ball to Tony Dorsett. 99 yard touchdown. Thank you.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would bring Tony Dorsett down from the stands, and have him run off tackle for 99 years TD.

Actually you have 2 fast players in Vaughn and Turpin. So you send them deep. Though they will be playing deep as well. Then is that deep pass is not there, as even if they can't get beyond the deep defenders. Allow them to use they speed and agility to avoid tackles.
Or, if that is not there, then a slant to CeeDee as the option, and go from there, but try to avoid all the laterals.
It’s exactly what I said, I didn’t see this before I sent it. Yes I give the ball to Tony Dorsett. Lol.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is easy, I pitch out to Cooper Rush, and have them throw a sideline pass to a wide open in Prescott

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Two receivers right side, one left. RB stays in to block. All three receivers converge to a point on the 50. TE delays and drags across the field behind the receivers, have Dak toss the ball 50-55 yards and pray for a PI, or tipped ball that can be grabbed and run in for a TD. If pass protection breaks down too fast, toss to the TE dragging behind the receivers and pray for the best.