Desperate situation, what play do you call?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What? You got a hot date, chap?
It is the time of year when nothing is going on on the surface. You have something better other than lamentations and boot licking for Deek?

You are under NO obligation to stay here. So flake off.
Ouch

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What? You got a hot date, chap?
It is the time of year when nothing is going on on the surface. You have something better other than lamentations and boot licking for Deek?

You are under NO obligation to stay here. So flake off.
Go lick Romo's sweaty armpits. And shave his nether regions.

Bagman

Reaction score
Last game of the season. If you win this game, you go to the playoffs. If you lose, you go home. You're down by 2 points. You have the ball on your own 1 yard line. It's 4th and 10, and there's only 1 second left in the 4th quarter. It's a desperate situation, but you do have one play left to try to win. What play do you call? I'll give you mine, and you can give yours.

I try a quick, high-percentage slant route, and then a bunch of laterals to see if we can pull off a miracle like that Stanford Band play.
You gotta throw a REALLY long pass

Bagman

Reaction score
Maybe you could use the "Annexation of Puerto Rico" play. Works like a charm.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Last game of the season. If you win this game, you go to the playoffs. If you lose, you go home. You're down by 2 points. You have the ball on your own 1 yard line. It's 4th and 10, and there's only 1 second left in the 4th quarter. It's a desperate situation, but you do have one play left to try to win. What play do you call? I'll give you mine, and you can give yours.

I try a quick, high-percentage slant route, and then a bunch of laterals to see if we can pull off a miracle like that Stanford Band play.
simple. Bring in Gus the Mule to kick the game winning FG

Flamma

Reaction score
Remember a few years back I think it was chiefs. Sent everyone deep and threw underneath to hill I believe
I think that’s really the only shot. Get a guy underneath with return skills that can find a seam. Too far for a Hail Mary unless there’s a PI and you get another play
99% chance nothing works though lol
I do remember that play. But we still beat them that day. But keep in mind Hill is a crazy fast dude. Players that fast can do odd things. Out of the 4 major sports I like football the least. The only reason I played it is because no one could catch me. Otherwise I never would have played it. Speed in football is almost everything.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I just pray I am coaching a team that has Ty Hill and just get him the ball.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I would bring Tony Dorsett down from the stands, and have him run off tackle for 99 years TD.

Actually you have 2 fast players in Vaughn and Turpin. So you send them deep.
Vaughan is not that fast. Screamingly quick for 10 yards, but his higlite reel shows him getting chased down often. He doesn't pull away. Even if he gets away, they are gaining on him. And that's against college players.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bring in the Golden Retriever that identifies as a human WR and go Air Bud for 99 yds.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Still ruminating about which play I would call. . . .
Difficult.
But I would not try the 2 plays when playoff time ran out on Dak in the 2021 and 2022 seasons.