CFZ Deuce deserves the chance he’s getting with the Cowboys

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys are infamous for their nepotism so that helps. He'll most likely make the team. Just saying. ;)

CCBoy

Reaction score
A perfect dunning kruger specimen..... Stunningly perfect!
When trying to sound intelligent just stay away from mirrors and using English -

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias[2] whereby people with low ability, expertise, or experience regarding a type of task or area of knowledge tend to overestimate their ability or knowledge.

Yours isn't cognitive.

Hillbillys

Two or more Hill Billys is considered loitering...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but I think it’s worthy of its own. Especially since I’m seeing some folk who think he was a wasted draft pick. Now I don’t know if he’s going to make the team or not although I expect he will. But anyone who doesn’t think he deserves a shot is ignorant.

• 2021-22 Consensus All-American
• 2022 First Team All-American [all-purpose] (AP, AFCA, Sporting News, The Athletic)
• 2022 All-Big 12 First Team [all-purpose] (Associated Press)
• 2022 All-Big 12 Second Team (Coaches, Associated Press)
• 2022 Honorable Mention Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (Coaches)
• 2022 Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Player of the Week (Oklahoma State)
• 2022 Walter Camp Award watch list
• 2022 Second Team Academic All-Big 12
• 2021 First Team All-American (Pro Football Focus)
• 2021 First Team All-American [all-purpose] (Associated Press)
• 2021 First Team All-American [athlete] (Sporting News)
• 2021 Second Team All-American [all-purpose] (CBS Sports, AFCA)
• 2021 Second Team All-American (USA TODAY)
• 2021 Honorable Mention All-American (Phil Steele)
• 2021-22 Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Finalist
• 2021-22 Doak Walker Award Semifinalist
• 2021 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (Pro Football Focus)
• 2020-21 Second Team All-Big 12 (Coaches, Associated Press)
• 2021 Honorable Mention Big 12 Off. Player of the Year (Coaches)
• 2021 CoSIDA First Team Academic All-District
• 2021 First Team Academic All-Big 12
• 2021-22 Maxwell Award watch list
• 2021 Doak Walker Award watch list
• 2020 Honorable Mention All-American (Phil Steele, Pro Football Focus)
• 2020 True Freshman of the Year (247Sports)
• 2020 Freshman All-American (FWAA, The Athletic)
• 2020 Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Semifinalist
• 2020 Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year (Coaches)
• 2020 Big 12 Newcomer of the Week (Oklahoma, Texas Tech)
Are there previous discussion that he does not deserve a chance?
click bait.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I attended the Master Fitness Trainer Course at Fort Ben Harrison, in Indianapolis, IN during the Pan Am Games. I leg pressed over 1200 pounds and moved 500 in the bench press. I worked out with a group of Tankers and we had a 160 pounder who worked out in his squat at 650. A man is a man and don't sell a man short by size.

As to 300, that is a convenience for take downs...cuffs and leg irons are another story involved description.
Charmed, I'm sure, with your Charles Atlas lifestyle.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Charmed, I'm sure, with your Charles Atlas lifestyle.
Smart butt, some people aren't flakes by profession and actually live their lives out... :popcorn: You have no clue and still lie about it.:thumbdown:

What did YOU see when you moved 500 for the first time on a bench? How large was your first lifting trophy. I came out of the field teaching advanced tank driving on a day like now in Texas. My first lift I lifted and squated when I needed to throw up. I had to wait in a squat position until the spotters realized that I was having a problem and took the weight. I walked outside, threw up, and came back and made my first lift. My trophy that night was a little over three foot tall...in service, Fort Knox, Ky.

Belly ache on your own merits...smart butt.

I saw stars the first time that I moved a 500 bench!

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Smart butt, some people aren't flakes by profession and actually live their lives out... :popcorn: You have no clue and still lie about it.:thumbdown:

What did YOU see when you moved 500 for the first time on a bench? How large was your first lifting trophy. I came out of the field teaching advanced tank driving on a day like now in Texas. My first lift I lifted and squated when I needed to throw up. I had to wait in a squat position until the spotters realized that I was having a problem and took the weight. I walked outside, threw up, and came back and made my first lift. My trophy that night was a little over three foot tall...in service, Fort Knox, Ky.

Belly ache on your own merits...smart butt.

I saw stars the first time that I moved a 500 bench!
Congratulations on such an impressive feat, @CCBoy !!! Bench pressing 500 lbs is very rare and only for the strongest athletes.
:clap:
The most I ever benched was 360. For someone to bench 500 is truly amazing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Congratulations on such an impressive feat, @CCBoy !!! Bench pressing 500 lbs is very rare and only for the strongest athletes.
:clap:
The most I ever benched was 360. For someone to bench 500 is truly amazing.
The stars were real...one has to start with partial reps to get a sense if you aren't top shelf gifted. i kept working. I reached 1200 pounds in the leg press in Korea with a busted Drill Sergeant who was busted down to E-4 after wrapping his hands around a Basic Trainee who wouldn't lock up. He left bruises. He enjoyed working out with me there. Team work.

Thank you, Sir.

Hadenough

Reaction score
No doubt Deuce deserves a chance. But so do a lot of other guys. I'm actually pulling for him to be a difference maker but when I compare him to say a Darren Sproles he isn't quite as solidly built or as fast so I don't expect him to really be any more than a gadget player. That is all well and good but you also need him to do some dirty work like tackling and blocking.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Today's defenses are geared to stop the pass....not as many head hunters crowding the box anymore. This will help Pollardand Vaughn. Draw plays, screens and sending the RB out of the backfield for a quick route will help these guys.
Prescott has one of the Best playaction moves in the league I don’t know why they stop using it. Oh I forgot Kellen.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
No doubt Deuce deserves a chance. But so do a lot of other guys. I'm actually pulling for him to be a difference maker but when I compare him to say a Darren Sproles he isn't quite as solidly built or as fast so I don't expect him to really be any more than a gadget player. That is all well and good but you also need him to do some dirty work like tackling and blocking.

Schottenheimer:

Really a smart football player, great instincts. Grew up in a football family. Another one of those guys, (in Seattle they would make fun of me for saying ...write this down...write this down...write this down) unbelievable note taker. So we are going to move him around, from a mental standpoint thing we're doing, he can handle... plus even more. Dynamic athlete, he's truly hard for the defense to see, when he's back there, behind the offensive line. You see the defensive linemen engage and are like #@&$ I cant' see him, where'd he go? Get him out in space, he's a matchup problem. A guy that...I'm not comparing, I don't want to compare. When we were in San Diego we had Darren Sproles. I think Deuce is a little thicker than Darren. Darren might be a half an inch taller. But again there was a drive, there was a desire to be great, a desire to prove people wrong. Then when you add that with talent, intelligence, football instincts. You see what Darren did, I'm not comparing Deuce to Darren. I'm just saying you get excited when you see some of the traits to make people miss and make a cut in the hole where your like how did he get from that spot to that spot, that quickly. Again RBs going to be a fun area for you and the fans to watch because it's going to be a ton of competition.

19:00

GMO415

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but I think it’s worthy of its own. Especially since I’m seeing some folk who think he was a wasted draft pick. Now I don’t know if he’s going to make the team or not although I expect he will. But anyone who doesn’t think he deserves a shot is ignorant.

• 2021-22 Consensus All-American
• 2022 First Team All-American [all-purpose] (AP, AFCA, Sporting News, The Athletic)
• 2022 All-Big 12 First Team [all-purpose] (Associated Press)
• 2022 All-Big 12 Second Team (Coaches, Associated Press)
• 2022 Honorable Mention Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (Coaches)
• 2022 Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Player of the Week (Oklahoma State)
• 2022 Walter Camp Award watch list
• 2022 Second Team Academic All-Big 12
• 2021 First Team All-American (Pro Football Focus)
• 2021 First Team All-American [all-purpose] (Associated Press)
• 2021 First Team All-American [athlete] (Sporting News)
• 2021 Second Team All-American [all-purpose] (CBS Sports, AFCA)
• 2021 Second Team All-American (USA TODAY)
• 2021 Honorable Mention All-American (Phil Steele)
• 2021-22 Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Finalist
• 2021-22 Doak Walker Award Semifinalist
• 2021 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (Pro Football Focus)
• 2020-21 Second Team All-Big 12 (Coaches, Associated Press)
• 2021 Honorable Mention Big 12 Off. Player of the Year (Coaches)
• 2021 CoSIDA First Team Academic All-District
• 2021 First Team Academic All-Big 12
• 2021-22 Maxwell Award watch list
• 2021 Doak Walker Award watch list
• 2020 Honorable Mention All-American (Phil Steele, Pro Football Focus)
• 2020 True Freshman of the Year (247Sports)
• 2020 Freshman All-American (FWAA, The Athletic)
• 2020 Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Semifinalist
• 2020 Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year (Coaches)
• 2020 Big 12 Newcomer of the Week (Oklahoma, Texas Tech)
Still 5'-4"

plasticman

Reaction score
There are many great, successful college players whose abilities and/or physical traits do not translate well into the pro game.

It has nothing to do with desire, motivation, or commitment. Sports competition sometimes has to be cruel to be real, that's all.

I am rooting for Deuce Vaughn. He's a great story. That is to say, his story as a potential Cowboy has a great beginning, when he was drafted by his dad's team. It would be great if the rest of the story was just as enjoyable.

I am doing more than rooting. I am also praying. Speed is a fantastic asset in college. However, when half of the opponent's defense can run just as fast and happen to possess double the mass there will be some very painful impacts. Speed is not a rare commodity in the NFL. I admire what Deuce is attempting, but I do think there may be a higher element of danger for him.

There are three players in the history of the NFL dating back to 1925 who were smaller and lighter than Vaughn and lasted two or more seasons. The last one was in 1973. Howard Steven was a 16th round pick by the New Orleans Saints. He was used mostly as a return man. For his career, he had 89 carries and 13 receptions.

One of the other three players was the legendary Buddy Young, a college national track champion. He has a fascinating story from his college track days to being drafted during World War II to becoming the first African American executive hired by a major league team.

Another of the three was none other than the guy who is given credit for the very first endzone celebration. Legend has it that Henry "Two Bits" Homan, who was 5'4 and weighed 145 LBS scored a TD in 1925 for the Frankford Yellow Jackets. He then shook his teammate's hand and also the hand of the referee. That was almost a century ago.

There are two players in NFL history that perfectly match Deuce's weight (178 LBS) and height (5-6) as listed in Pro-Football Reference. The last one was J.J. Moses, an undrafted free agent in 2002 who was strictly a return man, did not play a single down of defense or offense.

The other played in the early 1920's, around a hundred years ago.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is a good example of the type of guy you pick in rounds 6 or 7. Yea if he was a little bigger he'd go on day 2 but he's not so you take that chance here.