CFZ Deuce deserves the chance he’s getting with the Cowboys

Jipper

Reaction score
I attended the Master Fitness Trainer Course at Fort Ben Harrison, in Indianapolis, IN during the Pan Am Games. I leg pressed over 1200 pounds and moved 500 in the bench press. I worked out with a group of Tankers and we had a 160 pounder who worked out in his squat at 650. A man is a man and don't sell a man short by size.

As to 300, that is a convenience for take downs...cuffs and leg irons are another story involved description.
very cool dude, i spent a lot of time at the training center in CO springs and was always impressed with the weight lifters (hence why i got into it after swimming).

I am not selling him short by size - in fact i think about it more from a strength to body weight ratio aspect and hes got to be at the top. I just worry that hes going to run into situations where he cant overcome size and strength bc of who hes up against.

btw on a personal note - very cool on the weight numbers - I teach fitness now for fun (and bc my wife likes me to teach since shes the coordinator) and its such a wonderful thing. Don't stop dude

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
agreed, and thats why the f around and find out statment is very valid!!!

i just worry that hes going to run into limitations that his heart and training cant overcome, but i hope he proves us (or me at least) wrong
Same!

Rayman70

Reaction score
he will be a game wrecker and chunk yards guy in the screen game. He causes defenses to get spread out and cover every inch of grass. If we figure how to use him wisely, he can be a great compliment to the rb room. Id get him 10 touches a game. See how he handles that. Malik Davis might well be the rb 2. Ronald Jones might be odd man out if Deuce is what we think he is. I've not heard much about RJ yet. How has he looked?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He's been used to having a few guys on a defense being much bigger and stronger than him. Now, just about everyone will be. I'm not saying he can't handle it, hopefully he's Atom Ant, but the pros is definitely a bigger challenge.
He’s 5’5” 160 dripping wet. He’s been the smallest person on the team probably before High School.

CCBoy

Reaction score
very cool dude, i spent a lot of time at the training center in CO springs and was always impressed with the weight lifters (hence why i got into it after swimming).

I am not selling him short by size - in fact i think about it more from a strength to body weight ratio aspect and hes got to be at the top. I just worry that hes going to run into situations where he cant overcome size and strength bc of who hes up against.

btw on a personal note - very cool on the weight numbers - I teach fitness now for fun (and bc my wife likes me to teach since shes the coordinator) and its such a wonderful thing. Don't stop dude
Congratulations on your achievements. I respect time and energy spent constructively as you have. I'm going on to 74 and was a Correctional Facility Officer just three months ago. Cataracts. Thank you Sir. Go Cowboys! :starspin:

CCBoy

Reaction score
he will be a game wrecker and chunk yards guy in the screen game. He causes defenses to get spread out and cover every inch of grass. If we figure how to use him wisely, he can be a great compliment to the rb room. Id get him 10 touches a game. See how he handles that. Malik Davis might well be the rb 2. Ronald Jones might be odd man out if Deuce is what we think he is. I've not heard much about RJ yet. How has he looked?
Good and a break open back more dependable than Turpin.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's been used to having a few guys on a defense being much bigger and stronger than him. Now, just about everyone will be. I'm not saying he can't handle it, hopefully he's Atom Ant, but the pros is definitely a bigger challenge.
Atom Ant is a good description of him because that’s exactly who he looks like wearing a helmet. He’s so short and compact it makes his head look huge wearing a helmet.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s 5’5” 160 dripping wet. He’s been the smallest person on the team probably before High School.
Of course, but he's always gone up against the biggest, strongest guys the other schools had at various positions. Now he's going up against the biggest, strongest guys there are, at every position.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Of course, but he's always gone up against the biggest, strongest guys the other schools had at various positions. Now he's going up against the biggest, strongest guys there are, at every position.
That’s what I just said. :huh:

Jipper

Reaction score
Congratulations on your achievements. I respect time and energy spent constructively as you have. I'm going on to 74 and was a Correctional Facility Officer just three months ago. Cataracts. Thank you Sir. Go Cowboys! :starspin:
Same to you my friend very proud to have fans here like you - also your service is incredible, I could not have done what you did and I am thankful for you. Go cowboys!!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys will find a role for him, but he’s not going to get near as many touches/carries as some fans are predicting and hoping for. I’ve seen posts where fans are predicting he’ll get 15+ carries or at least that many touches per game and at least one fan believes he’ll overtake Pollard as our lead back. None of the above will happen. Now I’ll sit back and watch someone twist my words, claiming I said Vaughn sucks and won’t be any good. :popcorn:
Hmm, brother, for one of the few times, I believe you may be wrong. Since Wednesday when training camp started, Deuce Vaughn has been getting lots of reps with the 1st team Offense. Dak has even gone to him quite a bit while constantly being in Deuce's ear. If those are not signs of Deuce possibly being in the plans to be used quite a bit more than just a few snaps, I don't know what are.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hmm, brother, for one of the few times, I believe you may be wrong. Since Wednesday when training camp started, Deuce Vaughn has been getting lots of reps with the 1st team Offense. Dak has even gone to him quite a bit while constantly being in Deuce's ear. If those are not signs of Deuce possibly being in the plans to be used quite a bit more than just a few snaps, I don't know what are.
You’re reading too much into the first team reps he’s getting. The most obvious reason is the Cowboys are being cautious with Pollard who’s coming off a serious injury and Vaughn is getting a lot of his reps. The Cowboys have to be prepared in the event something happens to Pollard. Vaughn would be the obvious choice to replace him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You’re reading too much into the first team reps he’s getting. The most obvious reason is the Cowboys are being cautious with Pollard who’s coming off a serious injury and Vaughn is getting a lot of his reps. The Cowboys have to be prepared in the event something happens to Pollard. Vaughn would be the obvious choice to replace him.
Cowboys could easily be using Ronald Jones, Malik Davis or Rico Dowdle to take most snaps with the 1st team while they slowly integrate Tony Pollard back into team practices due to his lower leg injury. Why do you think they haven't? Why use an inexperienced rookie who is only 5'5" and weighs 179 pounds?

It's because the Cowboys definitely see Deuce's potential and how it's more than his veteran competition.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cowboys could easily be using Ronald Jones, Malik Davis or Rico Dowdle to take most snaps with the 1st team while they slowly integrate Tony Pollard back into team practices due to his lower leg injury. Why do you think they haven't? Why use an inexperienced rookie who is only 5'5" and weighs 179 pounds?

It's because the Cowboys definitely see Deuce's potential and how it's more than his veteran competition.

Jones, Davis and Dowdle all have some NFL experience and the Cowboys want to give Vaughn as much work as possible to see what he can do. Plus, he’s closer to Pollard than the other backs, with his speed, explosiveness and burst. However, once the regular season starts I don’t see him getting as many touches as some of you will want him to get. There’s going to be a lot of complaining that he’s not getting enough opportunities. He’s just going to have to make the most of the opportunities he gets.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jones, Davis and Dowdle all have some NFL experience and the Cowboys want to give Vaughn as much work as possible to see what he can do. Plus, he’s closer to Pollard than the other backs, with his speed, explosiveness and burst. You’re one of those that needs to tap the brakes on Vaughn.
And you need to tap the brakes on giving advice. You do you. I will do me. I'm extremely confident in what I believe, especially since the Cowboys usually see it most of the time the way I do.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys will find a role for him, but he’s not going to get near as many touches/carries as some fans are predicting and hoping for. I’ve seen posts where fans are predicting he’ll get 15+ carries or at least that many touches per game and at least one fan believes he’ll overtake Pollard as our lead back. None of the above will happen. Now I’ll sit back and watch someone twist my words, claiming I said Vaughn sucks and won’t be any good. :popcorn:
Like they just did to me about Dak. I said 2023 bucs suck...8-9 losers.

Now I'm a Dak hater and "said Dak sucks. I never said any such thing....EVERRRR.

.God I hate those guys.... impossible to have a grwon adult conversation.