Deuce Vaughn is fighting for his NFL life this month

CCBoy

Reaction score
Do you not see how bad the run stats are?

The 40 yards receiving were on 7-7 receiving. At least he showed he can reliably catch the ball. But 5.7 ypr is nothing to get excited about.

I think he's got to make more hay as a receiver to have a chance. He looked like a natural pass catcher in college, and he caught what was thrown at him. But gotta get the route running down to be a guy to get consistent separation. The quickness, agility, and low center of gravity should make that happen. But he's not a viable player until it does. Gotta learn returns too.

Probably PS until Turpin is gone. Turpin just delivers on kicks and on offense. Not lots of offensive touches, but very productive when he got them.
Right here, he will have trouble mounting highlight film this set of games.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://insidethestar.com/deuce-vaughn-is-fighting-for-his-nfl-life-this-month/

Near the end of the 2023 NFL Draft, Deuce Vaughn became the darling of the draft. The video of Vaughn being drafted in the sixth round by the Dallas Cowboys quickly went viral. His own father, Chris Vaughn, the Cowboys' assistant director of scouting, made the call to tell him that he had been drafted.

You couldn't watch that video with a dry eye unless you were completely soulless.

Off To A Good Start​

Over the first five weeks of the season, Vaughn had a role in the offense.

It wasn't a major role, but he was getting playing time.

Over those five games, Vaughn had 20 carries for 40 yards to go along with five receptions for 19 yards on five targets. He had one 10-yard punt return too.

In total, he had 48 snaps on offense and another 19 on special teams.

Again, he wasn't on track for MVP with those numbers. However, at least he was playing.
He doesn't belong in the NFL.
Tiny and someone could go to jail on manslaughter charges during any given game.. :muttley:

CCBoy

Reaction score
He doesn't belong in the NFL.
Tiny and someone could go to jail on manslaughter charges during any given game.. :muttley:
Go sell your drugs...I watch heart and not root for failure.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Deuce was only drafted because his dad was in the war room and it made for a great story, which equals more publicity.

That's a heck of a lot more important than winning playoff games to Jerry and his son.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Deuce was only drafted because his dad was in the war room and it made for a great story, which equals more publicity.

That's a heck of a lot more important than winning playoff games to Jerry and his son.
Yea, he must have been a soldier and enjoyed fighting at the previous level.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think this is gonna be sorted out in the actual preseason games against really live defense.. Nathaniel P I like this kid I think if he gets a shot at it he's going to be very similar to Tony Pollard.. The problem here is the numbers game will he get enough opportunities to show up and will he be looked at as a person that can be stashed or someone who could be put on this roster because I think it would be bad if they do this like last year and just force the ball to zeke just fill it in with the other guys and not give some real opportunities to some of the younger guys on this team....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go sell your drugs...I watch heart and not root for failure.
he-doesnt-like-what-you-have-to-say

That's about how big he looks on the field...................... :muttley:

chagus

Reaction score
It will come down to a numbers game.

I think Peat makes it to the PS. Deuce may make it depending how may they keep at any of the other positions.

Don't be surprised if they release Rush at QB, go with 2 QB's. Then bring up Rush later on. After any other roster moves.
They could possibly release Deuce, then bring him back as well.
Releasing Rush would be a mistake. He's a proven backup. Lance has proven he needs a lot of work.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If they can get him healthy, he can be useful if they use him the right way. Otherwise, hes a waste.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Here is my prediction. If Vaughn gets cut he will become the 8th dwarf in Snow White's entourage.