Deuce Vaughn is RB1

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don’t agree with that. Sproles, MJD, Welker, Steve Smith, etc etc etc have been good at what they do.
Sproles is a one in a million player at that size. You’re hoping lightening strikes twice in the same NFL. It’s not going to happen in your lifetime. Move on. He is not capable.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Although he did better at it, he still has trouble moving the pile when he runs into defenders. There were plays in this preseason where as soon as he was hit, he was stopped. It's much better for him to be used in space where he can break ankles instead of trying to break tackles. This is not meant as a knock on him, he's just a small man in a big game. He wins the leverage battle some, but it's just hard for a player his size to move bodies.

I'm hoping, if his pass blocking is good enough, that we use him as the long-yardage back where we are either going to pass or run a draw. That allows him to use his quickness.
While I appreciate all that, I genuinely do... let's also try to appreciate that the smallness of his frame actually works to his advantage with some regularity... there was one run into the middle of the pack for a first down if I remember correctly, in which there was literally a hole just large enough for him to wedge through... if he'd been any larger he would have been stopped most likely, but he catapulted through it.

Broaddus is scaring me with his confidence on Twitter tonight that Davis is going to make the team, though. If we expose Deuce, watch a division rival pick him up, and torture us for the next 5 years... ugh.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I’m not doing that at all. I like Duece. But he’s not RB1. He’s a 5-8 touches a game guy. He can be very effective. If our coaches were smart they’d go full Darrin Sproles mode.
Sproles weighed 25 pounds more than Duece.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

Anyone else on this roster should just be a player who spells him or brings a little more power during certain situations but he’s far and away our most talented runner and it’s not even close.

They can play all these stupid games with old Zeke and Dowdle but Vaughn is better than all of them and it’s obvious.

Drop the country club BS and play Vaughn.
Better a Deuce than a Sequel Elliott, I guess, old boy.
But Deuce remains 4th on a list that includes Leupke and Malik. (Somebody in the luxury box loves Malik.)
Still, Deuce is no lock. He might be cut.

T-RO

Reaction score
Cavanaugh says yes to Deuce making team, being one of 3 best backs
Voch says yes to Deuce making team, being one of 3 best backs
Broaddus says yes to Deuce making team, being one of 3 best backs

ESPN's Archer, the Athletic's Yousuf and PFF's Owning all also concur: Yes, Vaughn has done enough to make the team.

Among thinking folk I think it's unanimous. :p

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
While I appreciate all that, I genuinely do... let's also try to appreciate that the smallness of his frame actually works to his advantage with some regularity... there was one run into the middle of the pack for a first down if I remember correctly, in which there was literally a hole just large enough for him to wedge through... if he'd been any larger he would have been stopped most likely, but he catapulted through it.

Broaddus is scaring me with his confidence on Twitter tonight that Davis is going to make the team, though. If we expose Deuce, watch a division rival pick him up, and torture us for the next 5 years... ugh.
Rolling me eye.
Yeah, Vaughn could one day torture us.
Get in line, Deuce, there are many out there, especially at corner and safety, who already torture us.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

ESPN's Archer, the Athletic's Yousuf and PFF's Owning all also concur: Yes, Vaughn has done enough to make the team.

I’d bet the Commenders and Eagles want it to be true. What a joke.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

You are being facetious, yes mate?

sacase

Reaction score
He will be lucky to make the practice squad. I think he's getting traded. Turpin can do everything vaugh can do but better. He's just not good enough and he hasn't produced when he's had his opportunity. 1.7 yards a carry. That's what he's done. Plus he looked lost most of the time last year. Yall swore he was going to have an impact last year. Guess you haven't learned your lesson. He's a wasted roster spot. If by some freak chance he makes the team I doubt younwill see him in more than 5 games. He doesn't play special teams. As I said before anything he can do turpin can do better and actually produced.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Although he did better at it, he still has trouble moving the pile when he runs into defenders. There were plays in this preseason where as soon as he was hit, he was stopped. It's much better for him to be used in space where he can break ankles instead of trying to break tackles. This is not meant as a knock on him, he's just a small man in a big game. He wins the leverage battle some, but it's just hard for a player his size to move bodies.

I'm hoping, if his pass blocking is good enough, that we use him as the long-yardage back where we are either going to pass or run a draw. That allows him to use his quickness.
Did you watch a different preseason?
He was constantly pushing the pile when he hit it this year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Deuce may be small, but he's got moves! His play in the last outing got him a roster spot. That much is for sure.:dance:

Last edited:

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Duece 1.7 yards a carry. Zeke won the rushing title as a rookie. Next excuse.
Zeke was also featured in the offense. No one is nagging excuses for him. You're expectations were unrealistic. How many rookies come in and win the rushing title?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You just know they won't know how to use him and he'll end up in Philly having Sproles career.

dstew60105

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s incredibly obvious.

Anyone else on this roster should just be a player who spells him or brings a little more power during certain situations but he’s far and away our most talented runner and it’s not even close.

They can play all these stupid games with old Zeke and Dowdle but Vaughn is better than all of them and it’s obvious.

If he’s RB1 then we’re in for a long season

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

I wonder why our coaches can't see it, if it is that obvious?