Deuce Vaughn is RB1

phildadon86

Reaction score
LOL
Not surprised at this thread from a guy who has no idea of the importance of a real rin game
If Deuce is RB1, you better start over at RB
Lets not forget this is the same guy that thought Micah was a wasted pick, CJ Beathard and Brad Kaaya were more pro ready than Mahomes, and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

pitt33

Reaction score
The amount of groupthink here is astounding. The excuses that are being made are crazy. Dude averaged 1.7 yards a carry and he is RB1? Same hype as last year and I promise same result. He just can’t play in the nfl. I think they will try to trade him. He’s not worth the roster spot.
Stupid draft pick.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Sproles is a one in a million player at that size. You’re hoping lightening strikes twice in the same NFL. It’s not going to happen in your lifetime. Move on. He is not capable.
It already has.. There has been more than a few lil guys who have carved out a nice career in the NFL. Lionel "LilTrain" James had a nice little 4 year run with the Chargers. He was almost identical in size to Vaughan. Joe Morris had three thousand yard seasons for the Giants.. but he was 15-20 pounds heavier than Deuce and maybe an inch taller. As was Sproles. Joe's little brother Jamie also had a three year stint with the Ratscums and wasn't a complete failure. He had moments. James "Bye Bye" Brooks was maybe the most successful lil back of all time. Dude was 180 pounds soakin wet and played 12 years and averaged 4.7 ypc. Maurice Jones-Drew doesn't really belong in this conversation because dude was like 5'7" 210. He wasn't small.. he was just short. Still the point is we need to stop acting like it never happens. It absolutely has and it can happen again. I don't know if Deuce is the one but I am not one to dismiss it as impossible as some seem so eager to do.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
None of our other RBs are any good . At least Deuce shows something. The coaches need to find a way to get him in the game.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He will be lucky to make the practice squad. I think he's getting traded. Turpin can do everything vaugh can do but better. He's just not good enough and he hasn't produced when he's had his opportunity. 1.7 yards a carry. That's what he's done. Plus he looked lost most of the time last year. Yall swore he was going to have an impact last year. Guess you haven't learned your lesson. He's a wasted roster spot. If by some freak chance he makes the team I doubt younwill see him in more than 5 games. He doesn't play special teams. As I said before anything he can do turpin can do better and actually produced.
Stop pretending like he had a legitimate opportunity last year. You sound foolish.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No he didn't.
Yeah I don't know where dude got 25 pounds from. Deuce is a legit 175. Sproles came into the league probably no more than 185 and kinda matured into his eventual 190. Deuce isn't likely to be 175 in 5 years either.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
He could be our Darren Sproles well a slower version lol Darren Sproles was fast and bigger at 5'6 and 190lbs and ran a 4.49 40 time. Deuce is 5'5 178 and ran a 4.56 40 time.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I think he’s 5th on the chart. After our FB.

But there is still a place for him.
Dallas has to keep 5 RB (FB included) for Deuce to make the roster. If Dallas kept Deuce with only 4, then excluding the FB you're left with:

Dowdle
Elliott
Vaughn

If Dallas lost Dowdle (who's had injury issues), that's an untenable lineup.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Yall forget how bad he looked in real games last year. He was terrible.
He looked bad in blowouts with 2nd and 3rd string offensive linemen where the defense knew we were gonna run the ball to kill the clock! Good grief people. Give him a chance with a starting oline.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He can't block.
Then on pass plays use him as a weapon and play for the blitz...i dont understand why this is so hard, teams (including this one) hot route the blitz every Sunday....I would love to see Turpin and DV out in routes during a blitz...better not miss that first hit...

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I like Vaughn don’t get me wrong, but in the NFL you have to block in order to be considered a RB1. You can’t come off the field on third down and seven because your quarterback will get killed if you don’t. What would he do to protect Dak when a 240 pound linebacker comes through untouched?
Vaughn has been blocking 240 pound LBs his entire career.

"Deuce Vaughn can't block" is something people who didn't watch him in college literally made up.

doomsday808

Reaction score
Then on pass plays use him as a weapon and play for the blitz...i dont understand why this is so hard, teams (including this one) hot route the blitz every Sunday....I would love to see Turpin and DV out in routes during a blitz...better not miss that first hit...
The subject of this topic is claiming him as an RB1.

Pokes12

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

Anyone else on this roster should just be a player who spells him or brings a little more power during certain situations but he’s far and away our most talented runner and it’s not even close.

They can play all these stupid games with old Zeke and Dowdle but Vaughn is better than all of them and it’s obvious.

Drop the country club BS and play Vaughn.
Deuce is mediocre at best. He had one run against Chargers. Normally he gets stuffed at the line. He should not be on an NFL roster. He is UFL or Canadian football worthy but nothing more. Too small, not quick enough to play against starters and his speed overall is average. Our RB room is a disaster.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Deuce is mediocre at best. He had one run against Chargers. Normally he gets stuffed at the line. He should not be on an NFL roster. He is UFL or Canadian football worthy but nothing more. Too small, not quick enough to play against starters and his speed overall is average. Our RB room is a disaster.
I’m comparing him to what we have.

He does things that are special.

Everyone else is a dime a dozen.

vig454

Reaction score
If the Deuce hits a homerun on one of his carries , he will get closer to being the semi featured RB. There i said it. :thumbup::popcorn: