Deuce Vaughn is RB1

_sturt_

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

Anyone else on this roster should just be a player who spells him or brings a little more power during certain situations but he’s far and away our most talented runner and it’s not even close.

They can play all these stupid games with old Zeke and Dowdle but Vaughn is better than all of them and it’s obvious.

Drop the country club BS and play Vaughn.
I don't know how many of his advocates in this thread are the same people who spent a chunk of the off-season mocking me and a handful of others for asserting that a healthy Deuce would practically be a lock to make the 53-man. I don't keep those receipts.

But yeah. It's not like I'm some genius. The circumstances of last season, with a bell-cow RB who wasn't especially well-regarded for pass protection, made it necessary that Deuce almost never got any real-game carries... ie, "real game" meaning, not at the end of a game when both teams are trying to run out the clock. His stats weren't real game stats. It wasn't hard to figure out he should come into this season as a legitimate threat ready to be deployed.

That said.

This has to be a RB by committee. There should not be an RB1. Size does matter. In real games, you have to be selective because there are down and distance situations where all the wisdom dictates that a larger human being needs to be in the backfield.

_sturt_

Reaction score
This is the problem

So you know it’s a run if he’s in the game. No bueno
False.

There are two other ways to use a RB like him, and fortunately enough, he's really good at both. First, as a decoy. But/and second, as a receiver.

T-RO

Reaction score
This is the problem

Not at all. He's adept as a receiver out of the backfield, and though he's going to give ground on any block he performs, he at least is quick enough and start enough to get in the way, which is more than you can say for some running backs and their blocks.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

Anyone else on this roster should just be a player who spells him or brings a little more power during certain situations but he’s far and away our most talented runner and it’s not even close.

They can play all these stupid games with old Zeke and Dowdle but Vaughn is better than all of them and it’s obvious.

Vaughn was battling for a roster spot. I think he made it for sure. Since Zeke didn't play, it's OBVIOUS he is the RB1.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is the problem

Actually, I remember seeing him stay in "as a blocker" on a pass play, but he ran a few yards as a possible relief valve...which really isn't much better, especially if someone blitzes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s too small to be a rb1. He’s shown he can light it up in preseason. Work him in slow. Let’s not make him something he’s not.

Qcard

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

Haha.....this was preloaded.

Now Deuce Vaughn is the coping toy!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually, I remember seeing him stay in "as a blocker" on a pass play, but he ran a few yards as a possible relief valve...which really isn't much better, especially if someone blitzes.
Yeah I agree. You can probably even get away some things if teams assume you are running because he’s in. I’m not as concerned with him blocking as others people did this with Pollard.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was a RB1 in college three years straight and was totally fine. Extremely productive, not-injury prone.
NFL is a different beast. Guys like Boston Scott and Darren Sproles were bigger than him and limited. I’m not trying to limit him dude to his stature I just don’t know if his game can translate he looked good last preseason to.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

The surest way to identify the RB1 candidates on very NFL team is they did not play this weekend.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

No way is he going to be RB1 or RB2. He’s too small to pick up consistent yardage and he can’t block. He made plays during the preseason last year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s incredibly obvious.

Dude, he’s 5’6” 176 lbs. That ain’t no RB1. :lmao: Just another ridiculous post here that’s becoming more and more common.