Deuce Vaughn is RB1

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yall forget how bad he looked in real games last year. He was terrible.
Everything is situational.

Our OLine should be improved in our running game.

Some teams have a better run defense than others.

So hopefully we can strategically use our RB's on how they match up against specific teams.

It is easier for a defense to prepare for 1 RB than it is 4 if they all have different skill sets.

Loso86

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

Anyone else on this roster should just be a player who spells him or brings a little more power during certain situations but he’s far and away our most talented runner and it’s not even close.

They can play all these stupid games with old Zeke and Dowdle but Vaughn is better than all of them and it’s obvious.

Drop the country club BS and play Vaughn.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

Anyone else on this roster should just be a player who spells him or brings a little more power during certain situations but he’s far and away our most talented runner and it’s not even close.

They can play all these stupid games with old Zeke and Dowdle but Vaughn is better than all of them and it’s obvious.

Vaughn is an enormous liability in pass pro.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Would love to see what he could do with a full game.

He's the best natural runner.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

I would not mind seeing few plays with Duece running behind Hunter as a lead blocker.

However, he is not close to an RB1.

Flamma

Reaction score
If the offensive line does their job and creates holes for him to run through, he's a menace in the open field.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was going to start a "Team Vaughn" thread but this works. At least this one has already passed congress and has been posted.

It just looks like a different run game when he's back there. I don't get what people aren't seeing. He's not undersized. He's short. There's a difference. One can't run between the tackles and the other can. Deuce can.

Sure he's not playing against starters but he also isn't playing with starters.

He's my starter. He gets the most touches. I want him well over 200 touches for the season as the only playmaker we have in the backfield. Maybe 250 plus.

This won't happen but it should. The best we can realistically hope for is just making the roster while we watch Prescott's life partner waste the bulk of the carries.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was going to start a "Team Vaughn" thread but this works. At least this one has already passed congress and has been posted.

It just looks like a different run game when he's back there. I don't get what people aren't seeing. He's not undersized. He's short. There's a difference. One can't run between the tackles and the other can. Deuce can.

Sure he's not playing against starters but he also isn't playing with starters.

He's my starter. He gets the most touches. I want him well over 200 touches for the season as the only playmaker we have in the backfield. Maybe 250 plus.

This won't happen but it should. The best we can realistically hope for is just making the roster while we watch Prescott's life partner waste the bulk of the carries.
He’s definitely showed up so far as best as could be expected. He’s put on some muscle too. But he’s still too small to get more than 10 carries a game. A great change of pace RB. He’s going to get the chance to be a big part of the offense.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He’s definitely showed up so far as best as could be expected. He’s put on some muscle too. But he’s still too small to get more than 10 carries a game. A great change of pace RB. He’s going to get the chance to be a big part of the offense.
Players that are going to be a big part of the offense typically do not play in preseason game 3.

So although he had a nice game against scrubs, I am not so sure he will be a part of the offense, never mind a big part.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You mean when he has to pass block? I guess he'll have to stick his shoulder into some kneecaps. RBs don't pass block on all pass plays.
Teams will blitz all day with him in the backfield forcing him to have to pick up the blitz.

On 3rd long a defense will be happy if you dump it to him on a swing pass.