Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its the phantom hang nail on his big toe or something random

Hes not hurt. They are just stashing him
stashing him for what??

a3816582-4901-4f4c-92b9-7b12374b1a1a_text.gif

Ken

Reaction score
Don’t understand why so many expected what they did from him at his size with 3 backs ahead of him. He finished this season with 23 carries for only 40 yards. That’s 1.7 a carry. To play in the NFL a back has to break and slip some tackles when there isn’t much there. Too many fans got caught up with his college tape where he was running through gaping holes. There was a reason he was a 6th round pick but many were acting like he was a top 10 pick. :rolleyes:

Whatever. He also never had a hole on almost all of his carries. Give him some of the holes the other backs had and I would agree with you.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is no way to be talking about the Dallas Cowboys future Director of Player Personnel.

mardwin

Reaction score
So many potential talent evaluators on this site. Mr. McClay should be looking over his shoulder. Waste of a pick? Lol The kid is still a rookie, has been given only a handful of opportunities, and he's a waste. This site has really gone downhill from what I remember. Guys would actually post facts to back up a statement. SMH
The guy couldn't pass block to save his life, and he hasn't shown any explosiveness when he gets the ball. For someone his size he should look like he's coming out of a cannon, he runs line his legs are too heavy too lift up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whatever. He also never had a hole on almost all of his carries. Give him some of the holes the other backs had and I would agree with you.
Sometimes a back has to make something happen when there isn’t much there. They have to break and slip some tackles. You can’t keep using the excuse there weren’t any holes. That’s not going to keep him around. He’s too small and he can’t block. He’s very limited as to how he can be used effectively.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
He must be tired; I mean come on guys he got +100yds and +20 touches vs Lions...

CowboysRule

Reaction score
In fairness to him, none of our backs have done all that great this year. Honestly, how many explosive runs do you remember? Whether that is due to blocking or they just aren't good is up for debate.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
To be be fair @Pass2Run does that to alot of players lol
Deuce was one of the few I was a little off on, though. We still don't really know what kind of player he may end up being.

Remember how long it took Sproles to develop? Six years, I believe...

The other player this year might be Jr. Fehoko.. If you like evaluating players, and you know anything about it, you know nobody is 100 percent. We don't know that Fehoko won't work out though. Some people just like to claim players are busts before they have any time to get up to speed.

Honestly, I was hoping maybe Deuce had something to him, other than an in-house connection. We still don't really know. So, we'll see.

For the record, I never said he was the next Barry Sanders. I said he had a little shiftiness to his game, like Sanders, and that he could end up being one of the most prolific runners ever in spite of his height. Yep, I said that. But I never called him Barry Sanders.

All that said, I personally probably wouldn't have drafted Deuce; one of my guys was Chase Brown. But after he was drafted, I started looking at him more and I think maybe it still makes sense. He's going to have to really work, though. So, we'll see.