Deuce Vaughn Will Be a Beast for Us

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm warming up to this pick, big time. I think my favorite pick was Villiami Fehoko.. But Duece Vaughn will be a player for us.

He gives our offense a different flavor, and there's going to be a different game against San Fran.

I really like his ability to be a RB while also being a WR. In other words, we've got our own guy who can play WR and RB!

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I'm warming up to this pick, big time. I think my favorite pick was Villiami Fehoko.. But Duece Vaughn will be a player for us.

He gives our offense a different flavor, and there's going to be a different game against San Fran.

I really like his ability to be a RB while also being a WR. In other words, we've got our own guy who can play WR and RB!
He’s not a guy that can play WR. He’s a 5’-5” RB with incredible open field quickness and elusiveness that’s great at screens and swing passes out of the backfield. He’s basically a more talented Darren Sproles. Time will tell if he’s as successful in the NFL.

Jipper

Reaction score
He’s not a guy that can play WR. He’s a 5’-5” RB with incredible open field quickness and elusiveness that’s great at screens and swing passes out of the backfield. He’s basically a more talented Darren Sproles. Time will tell if he’s as successful in the NFL.
Dude...6th round pick is not a more talented Darren sproles before he's even taken one nfl snap...silly

Ken

Reaction score
Dude...6th round pick is not a more talented Darren sproles before he's even taken one nfl snap...silly
We stole him in the 6th.

Dallas said he was their highest rated player all day.

The number of sheer good rbs in this draft and 1 inch kept him from being much higher. Their loss our gain.

Like people were really clamoring for a JAG like Rochane Johnson and scoff at this stud...hilarious to me.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Darren Sproles ran a 4.47 40.

Boston Scott ran a 4.40 40.

Deuce Vaughn ran a 4.56.

If you are going to be Sproles' size, you can't be a step slow.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ask Big 12 opponents who they feared the most. Ask Alabama about stopping him. 88 yard TD allowed. Ask TCU. I could go on and on.

Didn't matter who he played, he produced. Is he a 22 or more carry a guy in this league? No. But when they do get the ball in his hands, watch out. Cowboys now have 2 guys that can get the ball in space and take it to the house.

I've been lucky watching him at K-St. One of the few perks living here in Kansas. Best word to describe him is ELECTRIC.

Will he be a beast for us? Simply put...heck yes!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I like him! Pure football player.

Jipper

Reaction score
We stole him in the 6th.

Dallas said he was their highest rated player all day.

The number of sheer good rbs in this draft and 1 inch kept him from being much higher. Their loss our gain.

Like people were really clamoring for a JAG like Rochane Johnson and scoff at this stud...hilarious to me.
I will repeat no 6th round draft pick that has not taken a snap in an nfl game is a more talented version of Darren sproles...you can spin it any way you want but that's not even remotely accurate nor fair to how talented an adversary sproles was

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I absolutely love the kid. But hes a great 3rd back, special teams ect....ect...

If they had just taken Roschon or Evans? Puzzling?

Ken

Reaction score
I will repeat no 6th round draft pick that has not taken a snap in an nfl game is a more talented version of Darren sproles...you can spin it any way you want but that's not even remotely accurate nor fair to how talented an adversary sproles was
Just comparing when they came out. They are extremely comparable....had similar production at kstate and are similar in almost every way.

Jipper

Reaction score
Just comparing when they came out. They are extremely comparable....had similar production at kstate and are similar in almost every way.
That's fine, sorry it didn't read that way, saying they had similar skill sets and draft measurements vs a more talented Darren sproles are different things

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Pollard cannot cut like this kid can without losing speed. Every run you see him make his cut burst through a hole and then be able to juke the LB/S in stride.
Yes he doesn't have elite long speed but his short area quickness absolutely is elite.

I just want to know who i going to be the hammer.