Deuce Vaughn Will Be a Beast for Us

Big_D

Reaction score
I hope he’s more 1st down.

The elephant in the room is Malik Davis.

The Cowboys obviously like him and signing Ronald Jones is just insurance if Davis doesn’t work out.
I don’t think it’s just insurance. There should be a legit competition at RB with Jones Davis and Dowdle. Davis certainly hasn’t done enough to already have him penciled in. If Anything Jones has shown capable of more than Davis up to this point. All 3 are bubble players, we’ll see which one emerges.

KDM256

Reaction score
Not going to count this kid out before taking a NFL snap but the pre-hype for this kid is crazy on this board. I get his Dad is a scout for Dallas and makes a cool story but I am definitely interested to see how well can he absorb contact for NFL linemen running between the tackles and how can he pass protect, which is just as important as running the ball.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Pollard cannot cut like this kid can without losing speed. Every run you see him make his cut burst through a hole and then be able to juke the LB/S in stride.
Yes he doesn't have elite long speed but his short area quickness absolutely is elite.

I just want to know who i going to be the hammer.
FB from North Dakota

NotForLong

Reaction score
I'm warming up to this pick, big time. I think my favorite pick was Villiami Fehoko.. But Duece Vaughn will be a player for us.

He gives our offense a different flavor, and there's going to be a different game against San Fran.

I really like his ability to be a RB while also being a WR. In other words, we've got our own guy who can play WR and RB!
A beast

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We stole him in the 6th.

Dallas said he was their highest rated player all day.

The number of sheer good rbs in this draft and 1 inch kept him from being much higher. Their loss our gain.

Like people were really clamoring for a JAG like Rochane Johnson and scoff at this stud...hilarious to me.
LOOOL...Totally agree! I'm a lifelong Longhorn supporter but said Roschon Johnson was a JAG. I got blasted from several posters who believe Deuce Vaughn is a JAG. Hilarious. Some people don't understand talent.

Reactions: Ken

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Darren Sproles ran a 4.47 40.

Boston Scott ran a 4.40 40.

Deuce Vaughn ran a 4.56.

If you are going to be Sproles' size, you can't be a step slow.
Deuce Vaughn was timed under 4.50 (in other words...in the 4.4s) in the 40 yard dash at his pro day.

https://www.cjonline.com/story/spor...esults-2023-deuce-vaughn-40-time/70069622007/

Deuce Vaughn has a recently self-timed 40 yard dash time of 4.44 seconds.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/pos...s-measurements-40-yard-dash-time-01gtcpawgsaa

Pretty much proves Deuce Vaughn is plenty of fast enough.

Toro9

Reaction score
Not going to count this kid out before taking a NFL snap but the pre-hype for this kid is crazy on this board. I get his Dad is a scout for Dallas and makes a cool story but I am definitely interested to see how well can he absorb contact for NFL linemen running between the tackles and how can he pass protect, which is just as important as running the ball.
It's the underdog factor.