Deuce Vaughn Will Be a Beast for Us

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He’s not a guy that can play WR. He’s a 5’-5” RB with incredible open field quickness and elusiveness that’s great at screens and swing passes out of the backfield. He’s basically a more talented Darren Sproles. Time will tell if he’s as successful in the NFL.
He can play in the slot some and run some routes from the backfield....

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We stole him in the 6th.

Dallas said he was their highest rated player all day.

The number of sheer good rbs in this draft and 1 inch kept him from being much higher. Their loss our gain.

Like people were really clamoring for a JAG like Rochane Johnson and scoff at this stud...hilarious to me.
Not even the inch. I think most of us recognize he's a good back, regardless of his height. I wasn't thinking of him as a receiving option in a WCO, but now I am.. and he's perfect to have on the field at the same time as Pollard. With him, Cook, Ceedee, Gallup, Schoonmaker, etcetera.. our team just got a lot scarier, especially if my boy Cropper makes it.

The key will be having the system fit him... or if he fits the system. He's a WCO guy.

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
Not even the inch. I think most of us recognize he's a good back, regardless of his height. I wasn't thinking of him as a receiving option in a WCO, but now I am.. and he's perfect to have on the field at the same time as Pollard. With him, Cook, Ceedee, Gallup, Schoonmaker, etcetera.. our team just got a lot scarier, especially if my boy Cropper makes it.
Plus the undrafted FB, kids real good. Could be a quality group with a lot of different looks and wrinkles.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We stole him in the 6th.

Dallas said he was their highest rated player all day.

The number of sheer good rbs in this draft and 1 inch kept him from being much higher. Their loss our gain.

Like people were really clamoring for a JAG like Rochane Johnson and scoff at this stud...hilarious to me.
Players like Roschon are very common, like a dime a dozen. Players like Duece come along every decade or so.

The size is an advantage, because you can't grab on to him, he's great with not just angles, but timing his angles...

You can really tell his dad is a scout.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Vaughn had more rushing yards than any of the top 10 RBs in this draft.

Vaughn had more receiving yards than any RB in this draft.
Yeah, and I think those saying it won't translate to the NFL are on it.. It's gonna translate, more than likely, imo. He's got 4.4 speed, and a great knack for the game. Almost like he had professional coaches. So his chances are good. I'm not trying to be absolute. Just talking about his chances. I think they're good, given what we want to do. He's great for teams like Philly and San Fran.

Plus, he can ease in. I can see people being upset because he's not an instant 1,000 guy. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he was. Weird things happen that we don't expect. I mean, it's still possible he has more yards than Bijan as a rookie. Nobody knows. We just think we know.

Ken

Reaction score
Players like Roschon are very common, like a dime a dozen. Players like Duece come along every decade or so.

The size is an advantage, because you can't grab on to him, he's great with not just angles, but timing his angles...

You can really tell his dad is a scout.
Yup, we literally got a UFA FB that is everything and more than what Roschon is lol.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
5'5 is really freakin' small. There are a lack of Darren Sproles in the league for a reason.

About 50 rushes and 50-60 receptions a season and hope he makes the most of out those.
This wasn't a BS pick. I thought that too. But it's not. Look harder. Don't react. Just look.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yup, we literally got a UFA FB that is everything and more than what Roschon is lol.
That guy is another guy who matches up well against San Fran.

This UDFA class is better than the last one! It's aimed right at San Fran.

The other thing with Vaughn is he potentially allows you to keep 2 less guys....if he plays WR. But Lupke potentially in there with him is the cherry on top.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This wasn't a BS pick. I thought that too. But it's not. Look harder. Don't react. Just look.
I have seen his play, he's still a 5'5 170 pounder in the land of giants. His workload will be limited and you hope those few touches he gets will be homerun hits. That's his ceiling.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
For those looking for him to be Darren Sproles, just hope he'll be Jaquizz Rodgers. Sproles was a special talent that didn't get into a system that best suited his play until 7 seasons into his career.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Dude...6th round pick is not a more talented Darren sproles before he's even taken one nfl snap...silly
I don't think he's more talented than Sproles. Sproles had top end speed. But that's a solid comparison coming out of college. Both have a lot of college production are small and can be versatile. Deuce is a bit better between the tackles and not as fast.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Beasley was 5-7...
Heres my issue with Deuce. Everyone knew Cowboys were going to draft him because of his dad. So do they ACTUALLY have a true role in mind for him as a important cog in the offense or did they just take him to make his dad cry?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm good with that...and just for facts sake my whole chain of posts was in reference to calling this kid superior to Darren sproles talent..

I love the pick and the player and the story...hope for the best
Think Danny Woodhead.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Until he proves differently he is a gadget player like Turpin and Tavon Austin.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Ask Big 12 opponents who they feared the most. Ask Alabama about stopping him. 88 yard TD allowed. Ask TCU. I could go on and on.

Didn't matter who he played, he produced. Is he a 22 or more carry a guy in this league? No. But when they do get the ball in his hands, watch out. Cowboys now have 2 guys that can get the ball in space and take it to the house.

I've been lucky watching him at K-St. One of the few perks living here in Kansas. Best word to describe him is ELECTRIC.

Will he be a beast for us? Simply put...heck yes!
Watched him his entire career at Kansas State..he is indeed electric...I was really hoping that we would have drafted Chuck Sizzle today to really add fireworks..oh well.