Twitter: Devin Smith Making His Move

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I believe it comes down to Austin and Smith to be the fourth receiver on this team

I don't think they really compete directly. Austin is a run/receive guy. Smith a pure WR.

Pollard is more of a direct replacement for Austin as a run/receive threat for the base offense. They probably planned on that for next year, but Pollard has been beating expectations, maybe making Austin expendable.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think they really compete directly. Austin is a run/receive guy. Smith a pure WR.

Pollard is more of a direct replacement for Austin as a run/receive threat for the base offense. They probably planned on that for next year, but Pollard has been beating expectations, maybe making Austin expendable.
Probably so, and it would suit me.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Good!!! That's Wilson and Smith stepping forward to claim a spot. Now see if Reggie, JVJ or Guyton can turn up too.

Always thought Devin Smith could be a steal after sitting out some time, and glad DAL gave dude an opportunity.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Cobbs a jag at this point. there is a reason GB and Arod let him walk for only $5mill a year.
No doubt, bro! as that F.O. reach,,, withdrew along with it, the wafting odour of past turned bad fish,,,straight from the gate with meo_O

* somebody's gonna' pipe in along the lines of "
with Arron Rodgers contract, they could no longer afford him",,,just wait&see,,,betcha' a beer*

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
Devin Smith hasn't been my pet cat, but probably my pet under the radar guy. Truthfully, more like the invisible man until very recently. Nothing on him good or bad.

Early 2nd round pick who was injured for the Jets and did nothing. But still, a consensus 2nd rounder. On pedigree alone he'd be hard to cut if he started executing. Speed to be a better deep threat than Gallup.

Wow, I had no idea he was an early 2nd rounder.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea he was an early 2nd rounder.
giphy.gif

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Good!!! That's Wilson and Smith stepping forward to claim a spot. Now see if Reggie, JVJ or Guyton can turn up too.

Always thought Devin Smith could be a steal after sitting out some time, and glad DAL gave dude an opportunity.
Hey, M_R437, who do you think we're fixing to field on punt/K.O. return duties? ,,,I ask cuz' I'm kinda' clueless in that regard( * I'd of made the #14 lance Lenoir hard pressed to do it ,,,er,,, last month or so ago, if they'd planned on keeping him around any longer)

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Hes gonna get my guy JVJ’s spot
Maybe, but I think it's possible that both make it. I know some are down on Johnson for losing focus and dropping 2 passes but he did bounce back and have some good catches. Especially that toe tap catch down the sideline.

He really needs to make a statement against the Rams this weekend. Hopefully show some on special teams as well.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Hey, M_R437, who do you think we're fixing to field on punt/K.O. return duties? ,,,I ask cuz' I'm kinda' clueless in that regard( * I'd of made the #14 lance Lenoir hard pressed to do it ,,,er,,, last month or so ago, if they'd planned on keeping him around any longer)
KO return: Tony Pollard/Cedrick Wilson
PR'er: Tavon Austin/Cedrick Wilson

gmoney112

Reaction score
So if Smith is making his move to the 53 that likely means Johnson is put right?

They love Brown so he sticks along with Austin, Gallup, Cobb and Cooper.

Oh wait, there is also Wilson.

I think Wilson is a lock if he doesn't get decapitated before cutdowns. He was probably underrated coming out, he can be solid depth as a pro, and evolve into a legitimate #2. And we have 3 dirt cheap years, with a 4th for RFA designation. That's valuable.

Or he just sucks it up, but I'm pretty sure he makes it.

It's going to be hard to supplant Austin, but given that we have a crush on Brown, he's probably the one most apt to lose a spot. Which kinda works out, because Smith and Johnson are both more of that type. No idea if Smith can return punts though.

I also don't think Smith is eligible for PS, I could be wrong. I have to imagine that's Johnsons likely destination.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
KO return: Tony Pollard/Cedrick Wilson
PR'er: Tavon Austin/Cedrick Wilson
Copy:thumbup:
Although, while it's of the mere speculative larvae stage at the present, you'd willingly risk undue injury risk to this Pollard rookie? As just from the pre-eruption rumblin's of what this guy could bring to the game day table,,, I've kinda' been forced to reconsider my initial "wants&needs" out of him ,in light of this lame #21 playing his lame card,,,ya-know?

o_O

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
Kid has the talent for sure.

Had a solid game and should’ve had a touchdown.

If he can stay healthy, he has a shot at the 53. He could slide into Hurns #4 role