Twitter: Devin Smith Making His Move

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys no stiff, just bad luck with major injuries. Not the Sean Lee soft tissue type injuries, make no mistake we can reap the rewards on him.

Randall Cobb has accomplished more in this league than Devin Smith ever will. It's laughable to want to cut Cobb to get Smith on the roster. It's fan nonsense.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Randall Cobb has accomplished more in this league than Devin Smith ever will. It's laughable to want to cut Cobb to get Smith on the roster. It's fan nonsense.
It's not what you have done in the past. Same could be said as far as Trysten Hill and Tyrone Crawford.

Sydla

Reaction score
Cobbs a jag at this point. there is a reason GB and Arod let him walk for only $5mill a year.

If Cobbs is a JAG, Devin Smith is a JAG-lite.

No one is suggesting Cobb is great but when people say hey, we am get rid of Cobb because we have Devin Smith, that’s kind of funny.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So if Smith is making his move to the 53 that likely means Johnson is put right?

They love Brown so he sticks along with Austin, Gallup, Cobb and Cooper.

Oh wait, there is also Wilson.

I think if Smith picks up where he left off late against San Fran, it's between him and Johnson, assuming Johnson does a better job catching the job. I think Brown's spot is only safe if one of those two doesn't shine because Brown hasn't added that much as a receiver, just as a blocker.

Sydla

Reaction score
Guys no stiff, just bad luck with major injuries. Not the Sean Lee soft tissue type injuries, make no mistake we can reap the rewards on him.

Well he was healthy for much of his rookie year in NY and did zero.

I think it’s a reach to assume if he had been healthy he would have been really good.

reddyuta

Reaction score
good for him,he has had serious injuries but if he stays healthy he will make a NFL roster.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It's going to be hard to supplant Austin, but given that we have a crush on Brown, he's probably the one most apt to lose a spot. Which kinda works out, because Smith and Johnson are both more of that type. No idea if Smith can return punts though.

Pollard can supplant Austin in the base offense, while Wilson can take the punt returns.

I'm an Austin fan, but Pollard is the future for an on the field speedy run complement to Zeke. Austin is the developmental bridge for Pollard. Pollard may be across that bridge already.

It would be awesome if we can go with Wilson and Smith, and have WR set through #4 for next year.

I was really hoping that McGovern could start this year at LG, Williams would move to RT, and we'd have our starting oline set for 3 years.

But the offense looks very set for the near future. Next year's draft can be a defensive one.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Copy:thumbup:
Although, while it's of the mere speculative larvae stage at the present, you'd willingly risk undue injury risk to this Pollard rookie? As just from the pre-eruption rumblin's of what this guy could bring to the game day table,,, I've kinda' been forced to reconsider my initial "wants&needs" out of him ,in light of this lame #21 playing his lame card,,,ya-know?

o_O
Nah, that's KOR'er is one of the best parts of his game, and #21 will be back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good!!! That's Wilson and Smith stepping forward to claim a spot. Now see if Reggie, JVJ or Guyton can turn up too.

Always thought Devin Smith could be a steal after sitting out some time, and glad DAL gave dude an opportunity.

The potential is very high on him if he's puts it together and stays healthy with that knee. It's safe to say that he's much more physically gifted than the other guys competing for those spots.

I was wondering why there was virtually no word on him early on and it's nice to start hearing some positive reviews.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Injury waiting to happen.

Your point? These guys play one of the most physically demanding sports that there is. It's been described as 'violent', more so than 10-years ago, with how big & strong these guys are. My opinion, the entire team is an injury waiting to happen. Feel free to throw the pads on, get yourself running up to a full sprint and have a 6'4" 280lb LB get in your way. You'd be thrown on that PUP list as soon as you woke up from the dream world that the LB just put you in.

kumizi

Reaction score
I rather keep Cobb and let Brown kick rocks. Cobb has really good chemistry with Dak and Cobb is making every corner look silly including Awuzie.
Fake news

If our corners are getting beat by Cobb, we’re in trouble