Devin Street and Demarcus Lawrence

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
D. Lawrence really came on in the playoffs, then we switched his position to LE. He should have played RE today with Gregory, Mincey, Hardy out.

Great point. He missed training camp last season now he is learning new position. He will improve especially with Hardy, Gregory and Mincey getting back

btcutter

Reaction score
Two of the most disappointing young players on the roster.

I had really no expectations of Street.

Lawerence is a bit disappointing. But he really is not getting much help with Gregory, Hardy and Mincy all out so far.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Skins 4th rounder this year, Jamison Crowder, has already done more than Street.

We need to draft another receiver.

Players develop at different paces. For instance Hankerson could do NOTHING in Washington and he's found his way on to the field for the Falcons.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Someone else mentioned it, but moving Lawrence to the other side really stunted him. He is seeing a ton of chip blocks from TE's and is playing more of a run first orientation. He is ok on the left in spot duty, but he needs to be on that weak side. Once we get everyone back a rotation will be great for him. He's had to play almost every snap this season.

Devin Street... I defended this guy. The coaches defended him. Dez defended him. At some point, however, you have to start making pays. If he still can't get separation, then there is really no use holding onto the guy. Brice Butler is already getting hgis reps.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
some of you guys are really, really amazing.
like the guy who said he can't figure out why lawrence is on the roster.
or the one who said lawrence "might be the most overhyped cowboy player ever."
you guys are a piece of work. your emotions do the talking for too many of you, like a teenage girl angry at her parents.

Zordon

Reaction score
What is it that you think Street should have done?

All of his routes were past 10 yards and Weeden was not going to throw past 10 yards even if Dez was in the game.

Street is the best run blocking WR on the team.

Watch his all 22 he never gets a clean break off the LOS. They punk him every time. Twill is a better run blocker.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I never expected much from Street, but I think I'm ready to stop hearing what a "steal" of a pick Lawrence was.

Most seemed to think Lawrence was a reach due to the Cowboys being desperate for a pass rusher after releasing Ware who's still a better pass rusher than what the Cowboys currently have. Ware's 3.5 sacks this season is only 1.5 sacks off the Cowboys team total.

Reaction score
Lawrence hasn't been very good, but I think he'll be fine as the other guy. As in, when you have guys like Hardy and Gregory on the other side of the line, they slide protection their way and he can benefit from that. I don't think he's ever going to be a star, but not every guy has to be.

RS12

Reaction score
What is it that you think Street should have done?

All of his routes were past 10 yards and Weeden was not going to throw past 10 yards even if Dez was in the game.

Street is the best run blocking WR on the team.

So was Roy 'oops I dropped it" Williams. How did that turn out?

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
we should cut everybody. Lawrence I thought was one of the few that did ok against the run yesterday. He's been close in all 3 games at getting to qb. He's played about 10-12 NFL games, I'm willing to wait before I toss him overboard.

Devin Street was a 5th round pick. I guess most in here thought that meant he was the next Julio Jones. He's not very good, but that's exactly where he was drafted - as a marginal prospect.

Everson24

Reaction score
After re- watching the game, It seems that Hitchens,Church and Russell were really bad against the run. We also may have just been out-schemed by Atlanta as well.

Gameover

Reaction score
Could be that I am wrong, but I think DLaw will be better as the season progresses.

I don't think he was bad yesterday. Crawford and Law were overwhelmed by an elite offense and they weren't good enough to stop them. Julio Jones is great. Best receiver in the league imo, but that first TD was totally unacceptable. That was all on our secondary. No way he should he have scored on that play. No way! Lawrence had nothing to do with that TD.

What about the 3rd down scramble by Ryan? Cowboys had good pressure, where was a LB or S to make the tackle after he escaped from the pocket? That has been problem all pre and regular season. Once a QB escapes pressure... nothing but daylight.