Devin Street and Demarcus Lawrence

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Street might as well be a freakin' statue out there opposite of Williams... Speaking of Williams, I think we all see he's not a true #1 WR in any offense.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
The entire defense was horrible in the 2nd half against the run. It's a man up gut check for this group come Sunday because I guarantee New Orleans will be amped to get their 1st win.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Yall too emotional. Were 2-1. Relax

Yeah, but we should be up 3-0.

So many missed opportunities.

Weeden making an all time numb skull throw when TWO Cowboys were open. Witten and Randle.

The horrific clock management at the end of the first half.

Wilber making the mistake of not collapsing on Freeman and allowing him to score easily instead of forcing him outside when Church had the edge covered.

Just allowing Julio to single handily take over the game. At some point Dallas should've adjusted and made Hankerson or White beat them.

The constant undisciplined play by the DL. Going up field on every single play. Getting man handled and not remaining in their gaps. Not playing assignment sound football like they're supposed too and typically do.

Linebackers getting blocked up at the second level and not pursuing hard and getting off blocks like they're supposed too. Poor angles and tackling all around. Defensive backs constantly on their heels and flat footed.

Both our OC and DC were absolutely dreadful. Linehan for some reason kept not only running on every first down seemingly, but always on the right side and never to the left side. You've gotta change it up at some point. Such a conversation plan. Weeden not allowing things to develop down the field. Just checking down and checking down. Panicking and escaping the pocket when it wasn't necessary. Re-watched the game and he was bad. I was wrong. Cassell needs to start next week.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
The discussion was about the Falcons game. He was running routes that were past 10 yards and Weeden was not waiting for the 10+ yards routes before he dumped it off at 3 yards.

I heard about his ankle being swollen. My guess is he doesn't want to miss any PT. If his ankle is that bad rest the man or don't have him out there running routes as a decoy.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard about his ankle being swollen. My guess is he doesn't want to miss any PT. If his ankle is that bad rest the man or don't have him out there running routes as a decoy.

Street didn't play that many snaps. I didn't count, but it appeared that Butler played way more snaps than Street.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Street didn't play that many snaps. I didn't count, but it appeared that Butler played way more snaps than Street.

I didn't see him much at all. I noticed Butler out there this week and was wondering when they were going to test his legs and Weeden's arm deep.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't see him much at all. I noticed Butler out there this week and was wondering when they were going to test his legs and Weeden's arm deep.

They way they were playing Butler, he could have burned them if they called the right route and Weeden could get him the ball, but the Falcons knew the ball was not coming to him and indeed it was not.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
While we are being negative with the pointing of fingers at who is underachieving, I'd like to be more positive by also pointing out how great Mo Claiborne's contribution has been. Many thought his career may be over in Dallas but he has made a great comeback.

2much2soon

Reaction score
some of you guys are really, really amazing.
like the guy who said he can't figure out why lawrence is on the roster.
or the one who said lawrence "might be the most overhyped cowboy player ever."
you guys are a piece of work. your emotions do the talking for too many of you, like a teenage girl angry at her parents.

LOL I used to let myself get ticked off over posts like this, too.

Then I realized it is very likely there are probably dozens (if not hundreds) of immature teenage boys posting on this message board.

That has lead to me not using this message board as much as I used to. Sifting through all the garbage like that is tiresome.

Counting down to when comments like "if you don't like this board then go somewhere else, blah blah blah" start appearing.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't have any bias towards Street; however, there was nothing and I meaning nothing in the Falcons game from watching the Broadcast view that would indicate that Street was a problem. Street and Butler ran intermediate to deep routes and Weeden was not waiting for those routes to develop. There is no way to know if those guys were getting open or not when Weeden had already dumped the ball off at 3 yards while the outside WRs were still in the middle of their routes. It's not as if Weeden was under extreme pass rush pressure, he just was not going to throw past 10 yards. He threw long at the beginning of the game and threw about 20 yards to Witten and both were over throws. Other than that he didn't even look at the WRs past 10 yards.

People asked me the same question in the off-season when I said Dunbar could develop into a good player. I'm not saying that about Street yet, but I have not seen enough to know that he can't.

But the problem with Street is that he completely vanished in the Eagles game too with Romo. And the Eagles secondary is worse then Atlanta's

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Interesting..another writer saying DLAW had a good game...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude was the only one out there getting any kind of pressure. Hayden had a nice pressure up the middle in the red zone and Lee got a sack. That was it.

Unsure why Lawrence is being called out. Because he's a second round pick?

I can't figure out how people watched that game and thought Lawrence was the problem.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
What's with people craping on DLaw? Thought he played well so far this season