Devin Street and Demarcus Lawrence

jrumann59

Reaction score
D-Law may not be the next Haley but he and T Crawford are the two best DL on the DL right now. no body else scares and opposing OL hence why you do not hear their names called. When you have 6 guys to block 4 the four that are out there will do very little.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So was Roy 'oops I dropped it" Williams. How did that turn out?

Roy Williams was a veteran WR that the Cowboys gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 6th to acquire and they paid him about 9M per.

Devin Street is a 2nd year WR that was a 5th round pick and still appears to have to limitations due to an ankle injury.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch his all 22 he never gets a clean break off the LOS. They punk him every time. Twill is a better run blocker.

The discussion was about the Falcons game. He was running routes that were past 10 yards and Weeden was not waiting for the 10+ yards routes before he dumped it off at 3 yards.

Aven8

Reaction score
Roy Williams was a veteran WR that the Cowboys gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 6th to acquire and they paid him about 9M per.

Devin Street is a 2nd year WR that was a 5th round pick and still appears to have to limitations due to an ankle injury.

X you are giving Street way too much credit. Whats the deal is he your bud or something?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
why are they still on the roster is what I cant figure out

Because people who actually make a living doing this and who are more acquainted with the players than we are don't make knee-jerk reactions like fans do.

And thank goodness they don't. The Cowboys wouldn't be able to field a team if the coaches and management were as reactionary as fans.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Oddly I don't recall seeing much of Escobar on Sunday...he must have ran past 10 yards into the Weeden Anti-Zone

:laugh:

The Cowboys losing has restored/resurrected your humor. Here's to hoping you return to your grumpier self. :D

Proximo

Reaction score
some of you guys are really, really amazing.
like the guy who said he can't figure out why lawrence is on the roster.
or the one who said lawrence "might be the most overhyped cowboy player ever."
you guys are a piece of work. your emotions do the talking for too many of you, like a teenage girl angry at her parents.

Some of it's pretty cringe worthy. We lost to a good team while missing an unreal amount of starters. Most thought we would lose yesterday's game, and now that we did, they're questioning why guys like Demarcus Lawrence are on the roster? What a joke.

News flash guys: we didn't lose because of the guys that were on the field. We lost because of all the guys that WEREN'T on the field.

It's going to be hard for us to beat good teams while we're waiting for starters to return to action. No reason to be butt hurt about yesterday.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Just asking - has a LDE ever been very productive in Marinelli's scheme? I checked a few of the old TB teams, and their starters only had a few sacks, though they also weren't very good.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X you are giving Street way too much credit. Whats the deal is he your bud or something?

I don't have any bias towards Street; however, there was nothing and I meaning nothing in the Falcons game from watching the Broadcast view that would indicate that Street was a problem. Street and Butler ran intermediate to deep routes and Weeden was not waiting for those routes to develop. There is no way to know if those guys were getting open or not when Weeden had already dumped the ball off at 3 yards while the outside WRs were still in the middle of their routes. It's not as if Weeden was under extreme pass rush pressure, he just was not going to throw past 10 yards. He threw long at the beginning of the game and threw about 20 yards to Witten and both were over throws. Other than that he didn't even look at the WRs past 10 yards.

People asked me the same question in the off-season when I said Dunbar could develop into a good player. I'm not saying that about Street yet, but I have not seen enough to know that he can't.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Two of the most disappointing young players on the roster.

devin street perhaps, but he is in his second year. usually takes WRs three years, and he dropped to the 4th for a reason. with that said, I don't count it against him yesterday, as weeden didn't target WRs all day.

I am OK with Lawrence. he was the only real DE we had in the game yesterday and he is on the strong side, so sacks come by harder. that DL was undermanned yesterday and it showed in the second half.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Not looking good so far, but look at Dunbar. Many people down on him too before this year.

Going into camp, I honestly thought Dunbar was going to be the oddman out.

Turns out he's Dallas' #1 receiver thus far.

Sidenote on Dunbar: I thought Dallas should have given him a down to try to get the TD on the drive where Randle scored his 3rd TD.

Dunbar moved the ball 42yds on that drive, fighting to get the ball to the 1yd line.

Dunbar looked a little disappointed when he was subbed out.

vaturkey

Reaction score
D. Lawrence just had a bad bad game. He looked like he had a case of the stumbles all day.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dude was the only one out there getting any kind of pressure. Hayden had a nice pressure up the middle in the red zone and Lee got a sack. That was it.

Unsure why Lawrence is being called out. Because he's a second round pick?

RunDMC

Reaction score
Lawrence was fine. Did his job for the most part against the run. A couple of gaffes, but overall he was the best defensive linemen out there. He got close to getting sacks a couple of times, but just missed. Once Gregory and Hardy get back I think he'll get home.