Devon Allen 12.84~~~~

RaZon

Reaction score
This is that hurdler who signed with the Eagles, he will finish this track season then head to training camp.

Ah......a 12.84 is the third fastest time in history and he beat Grant Holloway the worlds top hurdler in doing it.

The World Championships are this season, as of right now he'd have to be the favorite.

Been around 8ish world class hurdlers play NFL football.

RaZon

Reaction score
Here is what everyone is talking about....

No football for how long, get into other things amigo.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Here is what everyone is talking about....

No football for how long, get into other things amigo.

Nice run by Ms. Steiner!! You ever notice how the women tend to run with more cross body action in their arms than the men? I wonder if that's just a natural attempt to keep "the girls" in check and they don't even know they're doing it.

RaZon

Reaction score
Nice run by Ms. Steiner!! You ever notice how the women tend to run with more cross body action in their arms than the men? I wonder if that's just a natural attempt to keep "the girls" in check and they don't even know they're doing it.

Looking to Stiener to make the team at 200 not the 100, She needs to get a leg on our 4x4 relay team also she shines in that role.

Never really noticed that cross arm thing, yep a.....hmmmm?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Looking to Stiener to make the team at 200 not the 100, She needs to get a leg on our 4x4 relay team also she shines in that role.

Never really noticed that cross arm thing, yep a.....hmmmm?

I guess when you're carrying two sacs of fat right in front of you there is a natural tendency to not want them moving around too much. As sports bras have evolved I don't think it's much of any issue anymore but most of the ladies still seem to naturally run with that cross body arm action. I don't think the top of the top women do it as much but not surprised to see nearly all the college girls doing it. Eventually if they stay active in the sport they will get with a coach who will break them of it and they will marvel at how much faster they run ..

RaZon

Reaction score
I guess when you're carrying two sacs of fat right in front of you there is a natural tendency to not want them moving around too much. As sports bras have evolved I don't think it's much of any issue anymore but most of the ladies still seem to naturally run with that cross body arm action. I don't think the top of the top women do it as much but not surprised to see nearly all the college girls doing it. Eventually if they stay active in the sport they will get with a coach who will break them of it and they will marvel at how much faster they run ..

Most these women are usually small breasted, don't think it's a real big deal for them.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Most these women are usually small breasted, don't think it's a real big deal for them.
Oh I agree.. but the difference in their running form is undeniable as compared to the men. I was mostly just musing as to the genesis of it. And boobs seemed like the only logical explanation. I wager it plays a part even if only subconsciously.

RaZon

Reaction score
Oh I agree.. but the difference in their running form is undeniable as compared to the men. I was mostly just musing as to the genesis of it. And boobs seemed like the only logical explanation. I wager it plays a part even if only subconsciously.

Ya might have something there, confess.....never thought about it.

A few predictions on what I expect....,,

NCAAers, Abby Steiner, Micah Williams, Trey Cunningham, Randolph Ross all make the team.

If a guy comes out of nowhere to shock....Eli Hall.

RaZon

Reaction score
Allen came in third which was a shock, but did make the team,

Eli Hall did break 10.00 twice but an injury ruined his 200m chance, bummer

Yep, Cunningham and Ross on the team.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Abby Steiner whoa~~~~

I saw that.. Amazing run.. girlie got some serious potential. She might live up to the hype that Boling has failed to. You know.. as a melanin challenged sprinter and all.

RaZon

Reaction score
I saw that.. Amazing run.. girlie got some serious potential. She might live up to the hype that Boling has failed to. You know.. as a melanin challenged sprinter and all.

White sprinters historically do better at 200m than the 100m, we saw three of them in this meet all at 200m. Apparently more about sustained speed than exlosive speed.

Steiner runs a great 400, hopefully they add her to that 4x4 relay team.

Keep in mind she is still an NCAA athlete, like you said.....seroius potential.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I'm still looking forward to him getting hammered when he comes across the middle :)

RaZon

Reaction score
I'm still looking forward to him getting hammered when he comes across the middle :)

Watch what happens when we play the Eagles and Allen does anything, here comes his hurdling video......watch and see, this is a story.

Hardline

Reaction score
Track stars rarely make it in the NFL.
Bullet Bob Hayes was an exeption.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Track stars rarely make it in the NFL.
Bullet Bob Hayes was an exeption.

You would be surprised how many NFL stars are former track stars.. Tyreke Hill, Ron Brown, Darrell Green, Cliff Branch, Lance Alworth, Herschel Walker, Raghib Ismael (NCAA 100 meter finalist), Terence Newman, OJ Simpson (yes that OJ Simpson), Santana Moss, Deion Sanders, James Lofton, Marquise Goodwin (2012 Olympian) are just some of the names that I can pull from the top of my head. There is a very long list of college track and field studs who became NFL studs. Yes there are abject failures.. but there are spectacular successes too.

Hardline

Reaction score
That simply isn't true at all, you saw that above list by RonnieT24 I can double it, honest.
That's a very very small number. How many players have ever played in the history of the NFL that wasn't a track star?