Dexter Fans

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Duane;1747554 said:
Who knew there was more than one Bill Murray? :laugh2:

I know...who would have knew?:D

She does seem way to hot to have come from the loins of Bill Murray of Caddyshack fame. But hey, I gave the guy possibility of the doubt that the mother was smoking hot and her genes dominated.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw your first post.:laugh2:

Duane

Reaction score
Watched this week's episode last night and a few things stuck out.

-Dexter has never left a body for anyone to find intentionally. Is he just getting lazy or is there something more to it?

-Dexter is coming out a lot more from his false front - like telling Rita that he slept with Lila. I wonder if Rita will do something to get Dex in trouble with the Feds.

-With Lila he seems more alive. To me he was pretty much going through the motions with Rita to appear to lead a normal life. Sure on some level he likes her and the kids but I don't see any real passion from him towards her.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duane;1748897 said:
Watched this week's episode last night and a few things stuck out.

-Dexter has never left a body for anyone to find intentionally. Is he just getting lazy or is there something more to it?

-Dexter is coming out a lot more from his false front - like telling Rita that he slept with Lila. I wonder if Rita will do something to get Dex in trouble with the Feds.

-With Lila he seems more alive. To me he was pretty much going through the motions with Rita to appear to lead a normal life. Sure on some level he likes her and the kids but I don't see any real passion from him towards her.

He left the body there for a reason.

The FBI guy said if they start getting copy cat killers / vigilantes that he would shut the police department out of the investigation and bring in an all FBI task force. Dexter did not want that because he would be cut out of the loop. So by leaving the body he also served notice to any copy cats that they are also on a list and not to try it again plus it would keep the FBI task force from taking over the investigation and cutting the dept and his info.

I think he has found a kindred spirit in Lila.

If you remember back to the first season he was very intrigued with the couple that were killing the illegal immigrants. Almost like he wanted something like that.

Lila is the first person, since his father and brother, that he can somewhat confide in. Another thing. The only time Dexter has shown real feelings is when his past is brought up. The only other time I remember is when he talked to the therapist but wound up killing him afterwards. The therapist and Lila share some things in common in that Dexter liked the idea of talking about his problems. He knew he was going to kill the therapist so he told him and it was a relief to Dex. Now with lila he is hinting at things and he is sure she knows what he means.

Last season we saw him wig out when he went into the room full of blood. We saw him defend his deb vs his own brother. This season with doakes listening to the tape of Harry and his mom, the situation where he confronted one of the killers. Lila seems to be bringing up these feelings of the past in Dexter.

I am not sure if she is also a killer, the meth thing and her seeming to see what he is, makes it feel like she is a killer as well. I also think it may be a wild twist if she was an undercover FBI agent but I think that would be too far fetched. Nobody but Dex and Rita knew he was going to the AA meeting so the FBI could not plant someone. However I would not be shocked if that came out later.

Concerning Rita. It will be interesting if she goes after Lila or if she gets so mad she turns in Dexter for framing her ex-husband.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1748992 said:
He left the body there for a reason.

The FBI guy said if they start getting copy cat killers / vigilantes that he would shut the police department out of the investigation and bring in an all FBI task force. Dexter did not want that because he would be cut out of the loop. So by leaving the body he also served notice to any copy cats that they are also on a list and not to try it again plus it would keep the FBI task force from taking over the investigation and cutting the dept and his info.

I think he has found a kindred spirit in Lila.

If you remember back to the first season he was very intrigued with the couple that were killing the illegal immigrants. Almost like he wanted something like that.

Lila is the first person, since his father and brother, that he can somewhat confide in. Another thing. The only time Dexter has shown real feelings is when his past is brought up. The only other time I remember is when he talked to the therapist but wound up killing him afterwards. The therapist and Lila share some things in common in that Dexter liked the idea of talking about his problems. He knew he was going to kill the therapist so he told him and it was a relief to Dex. Now with lila he is hinting at things and he is sure she knows what he means.

Last season we saw him wig out when he went into the room full of blood. We saw him defend his deb vs his own brother. This season with doakes listening to the tape of Harry and his mom, the situation where he confronted one of the killers. Lila seems to be bringing up these feelings of the past in Dexter.

I am not sure if she is also a killer, the meth thing and her seeming to see what he is, makes it feel like she is a killer as well. I also think it may be a wild twist if she was an undercover FBI agent but I think that would be too far fetched. Nobody but Dex and Rita knew he was going to the AA meeting so the FBI could not plant someone. However I would not be shocked if that came out later.

Concerning Rita. It will be interesting if she goes after Lila or if she gets so mad she turns in Dexter for framing her ex-husband.

i could see lila as a killer...and dex was her next target....maybe the meth thing is a code for body...if that is the case, I think she said she's been clean for 2 years?

- she's fascinated with dead people
- thinks everyone is both evil and good
- works as a sculpture artist, so she knows the body parts and loves to work with them

VietCowboy

Reaction score
poor doakes

poor gabriel

poor rita

poor dexter (with regards to lila)

i'm getting more nervous with each episode for dex, but i love seeing how he reacts to threats. maybe lila will blindside him. she's looking like she wants him all for herself.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Best. Episode. Ever.

Mainly because of Lila. :D

OK, seriously, the tension is getting so ramped up. I didn't think they could outdo the first season, but they are IMO. And we're just halfway through the season.

I think the Doakes incident is going to haunt Dex. Now Doakes has nothing better to do than follow Dex around and go digging through his past.

Good call on the Deb/Lundy relationship... was that Yeag or BP??

PosterChild

Reaction score
I can't wait to watch the game, I mean, show tonight. I TIVO'd it last night and I got my popcorn ready.

Should be decidely better than the Phonywhiners and the Seagulls.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1730886 said:
I think there's going to be something between Deb and Lundy.

Just they look at each other.

ConcordCowboy;1747016 said:
Like I said somethings brewing here...the looks and now the hug..:D

peplaw06;1760614 said:
Best. Episode. Ever.

Mainly because of Lila. :D

OK, seriously, the tension is getting so ramped up. I didn't think they could outdo the first season, but they are IMO. And we're just halfway through the season.

I think the Doakes incident is going to haunt Dex. Now Doakes has nothing better to do than follow Dex around and go digging through his past.

Good call on the Deb/Lundy relationship... was that Yeag or BP??

I saw that one coming.:D

I agree that Doakes is going to be a problem...obviously that wasn't the end of it.

But I did love the head butt.:D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Possible arsonist.

Without a doubt a physic vampire/stalker.

You seen how he was around the kids so this should get interesting.

Part of me thought that when she was burning her sculpture that once the metal melted away there would be real human bodies underneath.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1760897 said:

I agree that Doakes is going to be a problem...obviously that wasn't the end of it.

If Dex thought he was being stalked before Doakes will be stuck to him now.

He's going to have to take Doakes out.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1760964 said:
If Dex thought he was being stalked before Doakes will be stuck to him now.

He's going to have to take Doakes out.

Can't see any other way to get him off his back. But I'd hate for it to happen, because he's a good character.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1761547 said:
Can't see any other way to get him off his back. But I'd hate for it to happen, because he's a good character.

Good character....not such a good actor

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1760897 said:

Oh my bad CC. You were my 3rd guess though :)

VietCowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1761554 said:
Good character....not such a good actor

yeah, i like the character doakes. i don't know the actor too well since i've never seen him in any other role, but the worse actor i've ever seen is woody from jordan's crossing, and maybe keanu reeves. i usually compare people to them, and others are usually waaaay better.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
peplaw06;1761813 said:
Oh my bad CC. You were my 3rd guess though :)

I'll be watching you from now on...

6758_king_eric.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
VietCowboy;1762074 said:
yeah, i like the character doakes. i don't know the actor too well since i've never seen him in any other role, but the worse actor i've ever seen is woody from jordan's crossing, and maybe keanu reeves. i usually compare people to them, and others are usually waaaay better.

The only other thing I have seen him in was OZ but every actor on OZ was bad :D

ConcordCowboy;1762091 said:
I Disagree...he's very good in that role.

Very believable.

Yeah if all you have to do is glare in to the camera and flex :laugh2:

VietCowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1762136 said:
The only other thing I have seen him in was OZ but every actor on OZ was bad :D

Yeah if all you have to do is glare in to the camera and flex :laugh2:

i agree, he gives his character a one-dimensional look. but, i like doakes better than deb.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1762091 said:
I Disagree...he's very good in that role.

Very believable.

Agreed. He plays that role very well.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ConcordCowboy;1762127 said:
I'll be watching you from now on...

6758_king_eric.jpg

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/63kv9g2.gif